GDT: Winnipeg Jets at Los Angeles Kings - January 10, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. (PST)

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
After all the happened tonight. I kinda get this feeling the Kings are about go on a great run. They always seem to do it when things are the most bleak.

Every year at the official start of the stretch run the Kings miraculously put things together. No matter how awful they played beforehand, like a snap of a finger they become a different team. I don't know what it is :dunno:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
God yes!

They're adequate and can maybe keep a spot in the league, and mayyyybe they could be a #7 on a contender, but if we had to roll out Schultz/McBain as a third pairing against the Hawks or Preds, just take us out behind the barn. I do not want to watch that tire fire.

I could live with schultz /martinez :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I could live with schultz /martinez :)

Schultz is a giant stick-swinging teddy bear that intimidates opponents with warm hugs and invitations into the high slot where he carebear stares them. Maybe you could live with it, but please kill me.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Schultz is a giant stick-swinging teddy bear that intimidates opponents with warm hugs and invitations into the high slot where he carebear stares them. Maybe you could live with it, but please kill me.

Lol, shows how much of a student of the game I am, I thought he did a pretty good job of cuddling fatboy tonight.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Well, the broadcast was praising Schultz of doing "a good job" tonight. But, we need someone to do a "excellent\super\great job" on D to pull us over the top. Just surviving the night is not gonna cut it!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, the broadcast was praising Schultz of doing "a good job" tonight. But, we need someone to do a "excellent\super\great job" on D to pull us over the top. Just surviving the night is not gonna cut it!

Exactly this.

Lol, shows how much of a student of the game I am, I thought he did a pretty good job of cuddling fatboy tonight.

I was just giving you a hard time. He had a good game. I'm just looking at the big picture andh e's no long term solution.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Who was saying that foxy? I only caught 2/3 of the game with a Winnipeg feed, they love buttfuglin, it was venturing into mute territory.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I've seen a few posters from other teams refer to this game as playoff hockey. They were very entertained. One poster noted:

This version of the Kings is the most resilient team I've ever had the fortune of watching. "Die" is not their vocabulary. They're like that itch that won't ever go away.

Their Corsi For % has been outstanding and they won the majority of their face-offs (61%) So there are a few positives to take away from this game.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Kings need a defender, and a guy like Bogosian would be excellent. That's what I want.

Muzzin - Doughty
Regehr - Bogosian
Martinez - Greene

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
And the Kings have to rely on that resiliency to find their game again.

The decreased production from Brown and Richards has made the acquisitions of Carter and Gaborik a necessity, just to stay even. Now with Toffoil and Pearson out for who knows how long, the Kings need Brown and Richards to start producing again.

And, of course, the whole team needs to stop breaking down defensively so often. And then Quick...so frustrating. You can't blame the guy for all of these goals against, because of those breakdown's, but man.

.840, .846, .667, .875, .905, . 867, .955, .857, .882, .857, .818, .903

Those are Quick's numbers in his last 12 games. The Kings are 4-3-5 in those 12 games. They've scored 40 goals, and given up 40 goals, not including shootouts.

2 out of 6 points on this current home stand. Losses in regulation, in OT, and in the SO. They've given up 15 real goals. The goalies have a combined .803sv%. That's 2 goals per every 10 shots, and they're giving up 25 shots per game, and those goals against are coming in bunches.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm really starting to wonder what the fascination is with production lately considering how high scoring these games have been. Scoring goals really hasn't been a problem. Getting scored on has been though.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That 6-0 home stand, the Kings gave up 5 goals on 199 shots(33 shots per game, so they weren't playing well anyway), a .975sv%.

In the other 36 games this season, with a record of 13-13-10, they've given up 98 goals on 973 shots(27 shots per game), for a .899sv%.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well it's time for Mike Richards to step up his game. These injury's pretty much cement Richards staying.

Richards would be the best player in any trade made, no team is going to just take that contract with zero salary coming back.

Richards doesn't net you a top four defender, even in a package that won't work, too much salary.

Richards has to step up.

Also anyone that was worried Pearson/Toffoli would be 3/4 million dollar RFA....That's not happening now.

Last edited:

Rommel

Apr 29, 2009
Recife
Despite the defeat, I am glad with the performance of Jake Muzzin. The Kid became another player, very safe

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
It's time to call up Shore, have him play C, and move Carter to wing.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
Every year at the official start of the stretch run the Kings miraculously put things together. No matter how awful they played beforehand, like a snap of a finger they become a different team. I don't know what it is :dunno:

Yes, but things are a little bit different this year. Our D sucks. If Voynov is not back, we badly need a good defenceman added to the line-up.

If not, we will not even make the playoffs.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Guys,

I've had some time to digest what's been happening with the Kings and I think I figured it out. There's a combination of things going on right now.

First, the Kings have played the most hockey of any club in the past three years. I believe this has taken its toll on players, especially Brown and Richards because of their style of play. I think the body and mind need time to recover.

Second, our defense is just not where it was last year. As the season progresses, I think DL will be able to make an acquisition at the deadline to address this. We are not that far away from where we need to be, but a lot less wiggle room than last year.

Manchester is the best club in the AHL this year. We have four all stars down there and I think it's time Shore and Weal get a look. I feel quite badly for O'Neill as it should definitely be him too. I still don't think Forbort is a difference maker this year. He's getting better but not quite there. Schultz had a fantastic game last night. He was very controlled and taking the body. Did you guys not see that? Miller is the guy down there that has had the best season so far. He's progressing way faster than I thought h would. Has an edge to his game and a mean shot. If you compare him to Martinez and Voynov, he's doing every bit as good as they did.

Anyway, I think it's way too early to throw in the towel. I believe we have too much pride not to make the playoffs but it will be extremely difficult to win it this year. Having so much success over the past couple years has spoiled us all.

Travtera

Apr 16, 2012
Sure would be nice if they could cash in with a win with their efforts in these miraculous comebacks. I can't be the only that gets a sense of dread when the shoot out starts?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gaborik-kopitar-lewis
Richards-Carter-williams
King-stoll-brown
Clifford-shore-andreoff
Weal/O'neill?/nolan

Something like that. I don't think we will be THAT bad off though it will become harder to outscore our real problem, the defense.

And to me the defensive chemistry is worse than the personnel--that comes with unfamiliarity with players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad