Rumor: Winnipeg Jets are one of three teams in the running for Antti Raanta

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hmm, well, guess we'll see. Is this twitter account credible, I wonder?

Definitely wouldn't call it credible. Looks to be a random account, only 264 followers. The same account is now saying:

Wild Prospects ‏@WildProspects_ 5m

Oilers look to be the favorites to land Antti Raanta. Jets and Wild don't appear as likely. #mnwild #oilers

But like I said probably just someone stirring the pot.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So if he's made his decision, is the team waiting until Monday to announce it? Just ****ing announce it already so the other teams can go back to not caring about him.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So if he's made his decision, is the team waiting until Monday to announce it? Just ****ing announce it already so the other teams can go back to not caring about him.

Kind of sounds like that may be what is happening.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Raanta has the exact same style as I had back when I played, I dunno if that's good or bad!

want to see my style:
Sieve_%28PSF%29.png

hehe

Raanta may not be our savior, but getting a player with promise is always good...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1 Jun
Finnish G Antti Raanta has agreed to terms with an #NHL club, but it's not the #CBJ. Though #CBJ did have talks with him. @GibbyCBJ

Well we are this tight lipped :naughty:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Raanta Article said:
Do not the next season's patterns obvious to everyone next week. I believe so.

I believe so also! :)

There's another article in the hockey section of that site (titled: "Raanta already knows the direction, others have not yet") that mentions Oilers and Wild. But the only place we've heard Jets is from Michael Russo...who's getting his information from 'someone who knows "someone"' apparently?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Well this Raanta guy seems to be a wanted man after all. I still have a bad feeling about him signing with us. Didn't Teemu build up a big love-fest for finnish kids with the Jets? That should help, right?

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
reading on some finnish paper, that he is heading to chicago, although, he himself refused to comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad