OT: Winnipeg Ice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They should have an interesting young team to watch next year. Connor McClennon should be highly rated next draft. Got a big boy in Anson McMaster who should play full time this year. Owen Pederson had a solid 16 year old season. Lambos ,Prososky and Bruce should be playing full time as 16 year olds.

I wouldnt be shocked to see them draft a Euro or 2 that the Jets have drafted

I wouldn't be shocked to see them work closely with the Jets. It seems a lot of NHL teams have a strong connection to certain CHL franchises. Tampa has a real strong connection with Moose Jaw. Drafting Point, then Howden and telling them to take Sosunov in the import draft. The Jets have a bit of a connection with Kelowna and Barrie it seems. A lot of CHL teams keep in regular contact with NHL GM's and staff for guidance from what I've heard.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The Kootenay Ice won their last home game.

Kootenay Ice close out time in Cranbrook with emotional win - Cranbrook Daily Townsman

GALLERY: Kootenay Ice close out WHL tenure in Cranbrook - Cranbrook Daily Townsman

16008560_web1_Hockey-hugs.jpg

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just wonder this because I think from what I recall this new rink is going to have a practice rink in the arena so that when away teams come that the Ice will take over the second rink so away teams have the main rink.

But also made me wonder if it'd also be home to the Winnipeg Blues after Below 50 bought them. It'd also make me wonder who'd take over the BMTS IcePlex, maybe another MJHL team comes to the Winnipeg area in possibly a new arena. But it'd be cool if an MMJHL expansion team played in that rink too.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It's too bad that Savoie was denied exceptional status, that would've made an interesting story.

He's still guaranteed to get picked, right? It's just a matter of where teams are comfortable taking the risk that he never plays in the CHL now, rather than being a lock as a top pick.
Maybe a team like Portland gives him a wink and a nudge and he ends up there.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Curious about who the Ice will draft first overall. I'll admit I've never really followed CHL hockey that closely, mostly just check up on Jets prospects.

Going to be very intrigued to see what the game play will be like.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
It's too bad that Savoie was denied exceptional status, that would've made an interesting story.

He's still guaranteed to get picked, right? It's just a matter of where teams are comfortable taking the risk that he never plays in the CHL now, rather than being a lock as a top pick.

Yeah exactly. I might be inclined to take a shot at Savoie 1st since they've also got the 9th pick. Now I'm even more bummed out that Savoie was denied exceptional status.

Edit: Draft him 1st, and if he wants to play in the WHL for a certain team... get a king's ransom from that team.

Reactions: lanky

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

God, it's getting to be like being a CFL GM. :laugh:

Reactions: None

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Having the team start out with Savoie would have been pretty damn cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad