OT: Winnipeg ICE 2021-2022 [ICE @ Brandon Fri Dec 17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I was sitting in the truck last night and suddenly remembered its on 1290. Listened to the last half of the third. Man it's tough when you don't know any players :laugh:

Reactions: Guardian17

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
WOW what a dominant win. The ICE were flying last night. I know Regina is a young team on the upswing, but they were badly exposed last night. The defence made a lot of mistakes and the ICE exploited them. Several posts and crossbars in this one too, could have easily been 11-3.

I hope some of you got your pancakes this morning :)

I'm starting to think that the ICE are definitely on track to taking the division this year. It will be interesting to see if PA can get its act together or if the Blades will be the main challenger which I wasn't really expecting at the start of the season.

What are the on-line TV shows like? Worth the price?

Worth it. The first couple of games were not great (felt like you were watching on a CRT TV) but they have upped the production quality significantly. My main beef is that you can't stream to Chromecast except by screen mirroring which is kind of a clumsy way to do it, but I think it's Apple TV/Roku compatible if you have either of those.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
WOW what a dominant win. The ICE were flying last night. I know Regina is a young team on the upswing, but they were badly exposed last night. The defence made a lot of mistakes and the ICE exploited them. Several posts and crossbars in this one too, could have easily been 11-3.

I hope some of you got your pancakes this morning :)

I'm starting to think that the ICE are definitely on track to taking the division this year. It will be interesting to see if PA can get its act together or if the Blades will be the main challenger which I wasn't really expecting at the start of the season.

Worth it. The first couple of games were not great (felt like you were watching on a CRT TV) but they have upped the production quality significantly. My main beef is that you can't stream to Chromecast except by screen mirroring which is kind of a clumsy way to do it, but I think it's Apple TV/Roku compatible if you have either of those.
I use Chromecast. For the CW games I used to need the mirroring and used my old cell phone for that purpose.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Tough game for the ICE. They started slow giving up those quick goals in the 1st, but gave it a good shot in the 2nd and 3rd. Brandon did a good job exploiting ICE errors and killing that 5 on 3 in the third was the backbreaker.

Brandon looks like a tough team, they sure played that way even without Reid Perpeluk in the lineup. ICE look a little suspect defensively and in their transitions, Zloty really coughed up the puck bad in front on one of those early goals and there were a lot of botched passes and giveaways that snuffed out offensive momentum. It did show how badly they need Lambos back to drive the defence. What's going on with him anyway? I hope it's nothing serious.

I guess it was a decent reality check for the ICE but tonight's game against the Broncos might be the remedy they need.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Brandon definitely plays a heavy game and have some big boys to do so. Braden Schnieder really plays physical along with Iorio and ,Salame. Up front Grieg,Sekundiak and Perpeluk are really physical

Lots of quality youngsters on both teams. Zach Benson has been impressive for a 15 year old and Connor Geekie looks really good. That line should have had 2 early.
Brandon has Nate Danielson who I expect to be a 1st rounder in 2022. Jake Chiasson is playing his way into consideration for the 1st round this year as well.

Going to be a 3 horse race in the east again I think.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Brandon definitely plays a heavy game and have some big boys to do so. Braden Schnieder really plays physical along with Iorio and ,Salame. Up front Grieg,Sekundiak and Perpeluk are really physical

Lots of quality youngsters on both teams. Zach Benson has been impressive for a 15 year old and Connor Geekie looks really good. That line should have had 2 early.
Brandon has Nate Danielson who I expect to be a 1st rounder in 2022. Jake Chiasson is playing his way into consideration for the 1st round this year as well.

Going to be a 3 horse race in the east again I think.

Yeah, you're right. I expected Brandon to be good but Saskatoon has taken me a bit by surprise.

Good point regarding Benson and Geekie, they have looked awesome. Geekie in particular looks like he could be 19 in terms stature and ability. Very impressive. I guess I was so caught up in what was going to happen with Savoie this year that I didn't think too much about those two other youngsters.

Are you still working with the team, Joe?

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Conor Geekie is making a case for himself.

He has looked good, worked his way up to the top line pretty quickly. Kid has a lot of confidence for a rookie, you can hear the swagger in his interviews. Hard not to get giddy thinking of him and Savoie playing together.

Too bad for the team, though, losing to lowly Swift Current last night. I watched a bit of the first period before jumping over to the Jets game and they looked pretty listless. A bit like the Jets in that they are a bit weak defensively. Losing Lambos for the season was a hard, hard hit for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia