Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg @ Boston (Monday at noon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I don't work...so I could in theory watch it. But my old lady seems to think if we're both home we should spend time together or something. I'm already sick of her and I've only been out of work for two months. And I'm not sure that my kids really like hockey all that much.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Your avatar makes Manitoba look like a BRO FIST!!!

MANIBROBA

We really need some bro power right about now. Goaltending simply has to be better.

Again I'm not ragging on Pavelec, but this team (and any successful one for that matter) needs big saves at critical times.

In fairness to Pavs, at least 2 of those goals yesterday were on deflections, either by hitting a player or off a stick. The Neil goal was preventable by Stuart, had he not tried to play the stick, and played the puck in front of the net instead.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I'm probably going to have to PVR it and watch in the evening. Too bad my slingbox won't connect from work... something about our IT department blocking us from watching TV while on the job!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
In fairness to Pavs, at least 2 of those goals yesterday were on deflections, either by hitting a player or off a stick. The Neil goal was preventable by Stuart, had he not tried to play the stick, and played the puck in front of the net instead.

Not trying to be unfair to Pavs. I want him to succeed just as much as the next guy. I am just stating a well-known fact. Anderson stood on his head at times yesterday. Pavelec did not. We need more than average from him.

CZ

Jan 6, 2013
Taking the afternoon off to watch the game. Will they dress Peluso?? Bruins are probably the toughest team in the league so I hope Noel gives this kid a shot.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
According to new HF board member Rick Ralph: Buff, Hainsey, and Toby not on the ice for practice today in Boston.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I've already booked it off. A coworker and I are going somewhere downtown to take in the game.

Any speculation if Redmond or Peluso or Wright will dress?

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Here's my prediction ....

:bruins - 3 goals: Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand
:jets - 1 goal: Little

Thinking that after the first 4 games of the year, our record will be 0 - 3 - 1 with our only point coming in a shootout loss to the Capital.

On a side note, we're not in the Eastern Conference basement right now. Flyers with and 0 - 2 record to start the year.;)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

One thing that has driven me nuts with Pavelec since day 1 is that he tends to not only give up some juicy rebounds, but allow the puck to remain loose in and around the crease. I'm not Rollie Melanson or Wade Flaherty, but I think Pavelec could improve his awareness when the puck is in that dangerous area.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
According to new HF board member Rick Ralph: Buff, Hainsey, and Toby not on the ice for practice today in Boston.

Just for fun, imagine if all three are injured.

With fun, I mean how incredibly inept our defense would be. It would be hilarious.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Our teams three lead minute getters out for practice before back to back games...I bet their all injured :sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sara Orlesky has just tweeted that it was an optional skate today. Guess that explains it.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Just for fun, imagine if all three are injured.

With fun, I mean how incredibly inept our defense would be. It would be hilarious.

Stuart - Clitsome
Postma - Redmond
?Melchiori - Meech

Eep. Thing is that we joke about it now, but weren't Hainsey, Enstrom and Byfuglien all hurt for a brief period in early November last season?

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
I don't have to work till 2300, so I'm around.. unlike last night.. (missed the game). Actually, I'll probably have to set an alarm to get up. :laugh: Shift work

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I hope Clitsome is the one scratched for tomorrow not Postma. Postma showed good offensive instincts, hit the post once and a couple other shots on goal. His sub-par defensive play could have been just nerves or trying to do too much. He deserves another shot. Let Redmond play instead of Clitsome and see what he's got. I wonder what happened to the Clitsome who played the first few games with the Jets after being claimed from the waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad