GDT: Wings @ yotes 8:00 pm et

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Bright spot, Zadina looked pretty dangerous. No points yet but hes looking good, the whole team isnt scoring
His hockey iq is high and he has skills but seems like he's slow motion skating

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Tough game. Red Wings have no legitimate 2nd line or 3rd line. We're a one line team with no chemsitry beyond that(hard to come up with when lines are literally juggled every game, even within games.)

Idk, ready for the season to be over. Ready to see if Yzerman is really coming in. I think most fans will be let down if Holland stays and Blashill is extended. The fan base is ready for change, ready for moves, ready to watch good hockey vs sloopy play directed by the coach. Players are looking burnt out from Blashill at this point, imo.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Tough game. Red Wings have no legitimate 2nd line or 3rd line. We're a one line team with no chemsitry beyond that(hard to come up with when lines are literally juggled every game, even within games.)

Idk, ready for the season to be over. Ready to see if Yzerman is really coming in. I think most fans will be let down if Holland stays and Blashill is extended. The fan base is ready for change, ready for moves, ready to watch good hockey vs sloopy play directed by the coach. Players are looking burnt out from Blashill at this point, imo.

isn't that normal for tanking teams after the trade deadline? nyquist was our 2nd best forward all season, and if that falls away, no wonder the teams performances get worse. This season is of much higher quality play wise than the last two or three years.

i hope that yzerman is coming to the wings in the summer, that's crystal clear. But i enjoyed the season for the most part

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm totally on board for Yzerman to arrive, and to consider other coaches. But this franchise is still at least another year away from even challenging for a Wild Card, let alone doing anything in the playoffs. The near future will be filled with ugly hockey, no matter who is pulling the strings.

Reactions: NEWing

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Im hoping for a top 5 draft pick in 2020. That draft is gonna be amazing. If we get such a pick, our rebuild should be close to complete. Finish it off with a big trade or FA acquisition.

Of course, winning Hughes could accelerate the timeline a year.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I get it now thanks. Never heard of a man referred to as a "peach" very strange word choice but I digress.....
Old Southern women call me it all the time. Don't know who else does, but I know they do. I give them a free upgrade or have champagne sent to their room it's always "Awww, aren't you such a Peach!"

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Old Southern women call me it all the time. Don't know who else does, but I know they do. I give them a free upgrade or have champagne sent to their room it's always "Awww, aren't you such a Peach!"
I never heard a guy call another guy a peach..... But anyway Larkin has had a good season hopefully we can get some more talent around him.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm totally on board for Yzerman to arrive, and to consider other coaches. But this franchise is still at least another year away from even challenging for a Wild Card, let alone doing anything in the playoffs. The near future will be filled with ugly hockey, no matter who is pulling the strings.

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree with you on much of this. I just need a splash in the face as a fan. Yzerman, new faces, high draft pick. Idk, it ignites something within me. Gives me hope,

Reactions: jkutswings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Im hoping for a top 5 draft pick in 2020. That draft is gonna be amazing. If we get such a pick, our rebuild should be close to complete. Finish it off with a big trade or FA acquisition.

Of course, winning Hughes could accelerate the timeline a year.
Meh, draft is loaded, but the Wings still have a lot of holes to fill. Still need D and a future goalie.

I don't think the Wings make any noise in the playoffs until Ericsson, Helm, DeKeyser , and Nielsen contracts are done and Abby gets bought out or sent to GR (or ECHL the way he's playing). Saw the same thing with the Caps rebuild, the "veteran presence" and "locker room guys" like Clark and Laich actually held the team back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad