Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Flyers @ Wings 10/12/13

RedWingsNow*

Three guys who should get WAY less icetime next game
Abdelkader: 19:09 -- Shouldn't be over 15-16
Franzen: 18:56 -- He probably shouldn't be getting more icetime than Alfredsson (15:12)
Dekeyser/Quincey: Neither of these guys are 20 minute a night guys.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Glendening. -1 in 7 minutes. 44 percent faceoffs.

You want to give him props for what? For Timonen passing it right to him instead of shooting?

Glendening is a really poor skater IMO. Awful form. He did work hard and threw some nice hits. Don't get it though. Babcock logic I suppose.
I'd rather see McIntyre of Sheahan to be honest.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Overall I'm happy with the performance tonight, but the Flyers are struggling a bit right now.

Do blatant slashes like Newbury's that occur behind the play ever get looked at by the league? Or do they just call the penalty and leave it be?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
We tried Abdelkader out in the top 6, it's not working. Might as well cut our losses.

Q already moved Bickell from line 1 to line 3 this year. And that guy was a legit playoff hero for the Hawks last year.

We should follow suit. Sometimes it doesn't work.

For a couple shifts, he's there to start the 3rd period.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 16s
Bickell out there with Toews and Kane to start the third period. #Blackhawks

That huge contract will give Bickell a long leash.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Overall I'm happy with the performance tonight, but the Flyers are struggling a bit right now.

Do blatant slashes like Newbury's that occur behind the play ever get looked at by the league? Or do they just call the penalty and leave it be?

He'll probably get fined.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If I'm Riley Sheahan, I'm thinking to myself "WTF?"

Also sat next to his family at the Griffs game in Rochester, they came from St. Catharines to see him play. Really nice bunch of people.

RedWingsNow*

Glendening is a really poor skater IMO. Awful form. He did work hard and threw some nice hits. Don't get it though. Babcock logic I suppose.
I'd rather see McIntyre of Sheahan to be honest.

He's a UofM kid, a Michigan kid, and Babcock likes him.
So Keny and Mick will talk him up every chance they get -- like Dekeyser.

And suddenly, everyone talks about how good these guys are when they've accomplished nothing.

RedWingsNow*

If I'm Riley Sheahan, I'm thinking to myself "WTF?"

Also sat next to his family at the Griffs game in Rochester, they came from St. Catharines to see him play. Really nice bunch of people.

Or Nyquist. Or Ferraro. Or Tatar.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
For a couple shifts, he's there to start the 3rd period.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 16s
Bickell out there with Toews and Kane to start the third period. #Blackhawks

That huge contract will give Bickell a long leash.

Huh, interesting. I saw he got demoted. Guess it didn't last long.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Glendening. -1 in 7 minutes. 44 percent faceoffs.

You want to give him props for what? For Timonen passing it right to him instead of shooting?

He was solid on the PK, he was put in situations where the Wings desperately needed to avoid conceding a goal and you can't blame him for the -1. Howard should've done better than that.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I think Franzen's performances having been downright awful. Insulting to the team and the fans. Unless he is playing injured, how can you play like that. If they continue like this, it's only a matter of time before they have to split up D and Z.

Bench his ass, straight up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He must have been like "man, why doesn't Quincey play like this when I'm out there?"

Mentioned this in the GDT, but Quincey really DOES play better when he gets paired with a stay-at-home type.

Kind of plays into why Quincey and Smith always stuck together. They both need to play with a defensive D. Not really sure how to fix that problem with the line-up. I know the answer isn't Lashoff, regardless of his play style.

RedWingsNow*

He was solid on the PK, he was put in situations where the Wings desperately needed to avoid conceding a goal and you can't blame him for the -1. Howard should've done better than that.

I just don't think someone is special because they go out on the PK.
Sure, there are some people are are awesome at it.
But in general, especially with Babcock, playing the PK means you're cannon fodder

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
missed the game because of work, recap? looking at ice time I thought abby was off the top line but he had 19 mins. Did we really bring Lashoff in to play 12 min and jack Kronwall up to 25 min or was that more pp time? Seems like we'll need to trust our 4th line more as the season goes and hvae them play more then 4 and 7 minutes. Nice to see the 1st pp get going though

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Bertuzzi has put up VERY good numbers with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Playing with both of them, this should be a very dangerous first line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kind -- 13 minutes tonight.
Babcock couldn't help himself.

Kindl and Tatar are pretty good friends. Also both high on Babcock's **** list.

I would love to sit with the both of them and listen to their opinion of Babcock, off the record, over some beers. It would be awesome.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Kindl and Tatar are pretty good friends. Also both high on Babcock's **** list.

I would love to sit with the both of them and listen to their opinion of Babcock, off the record, over some beers. It would be awesome.

Toss in Smith and Nyquist.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Missed the game. But glad to see the first PP unit broke out.

Also, go see Gravity in 3d.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
He's a UofM kid, a Michigan kid, and Babcock likes him.
So Keny and Mick will talk him up every chance they get -- like Dekeyser.

And suddenly, everyone talks about how good these guys are when they've accomplished nothing.

I feel like if players don't score you say they aren't good. DeKeyser is very good defensively and gets the puck up to the forwards quick.

As for the fourth liner Glendening, he's a fourth line defensive player and excelled at college and the AHL so far. Chances are he'll excel here too. One game sir, one game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I feel like if players don't score you say they aren't good. DeKeyser is very good defensively and gets the puck up to the forwards quick.

As for the fourth liner Glendening, he's a fourth line defensive player and excelled at college and the AHL so far. Chances are he'll excel here too. One game sir, one game.

I don't believe RWN was implying anything negative about DD's play. Dekeyser is excellent. Just Pierre McGuire and the Wings broadcasters talk about him like he's the next Bobby Orr. Chances are Glendening is another mediocre 4th line player. I really didn't see how he's an upgrade over Emmerton. Ideally, Helm comes back and Glendenning is sent back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad