Post-Game Talk: Wings win! Flyers @ Wings 10/12/13

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Kronwall

HM- Bert and Alfy

Also on a side note. Quincey played a good game. Good for him.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Pretty good first game from Glendenning and was nice to see Alfredsson show up on the scoreboard a few times. Wings can be a lot better, but pretty good effort tonight.

RedWingsNow*

No Bertuzzi.
Checks to see who made the poll.

1) Datsyuk
2) Kronwall
3) Bertuzzi

RedWingsNow*

Thoughts on the lineup changes
1) Bertuzzi made the top line better. Unquestionably.
2) Bertuzzi made the powerplay better.
3) Abdelkader can't spark any scoring line. He belongs on a checking line or hybrid line
4) Glendening looked OK. Shame that Babcock is one of the worst in the league at using the fourth line. Tootoo with less than 4 minutes.
5) Lashoff is not very good. Rather have Smith in there.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Our bottom two lines still look bad, but the top line was awesome. Flyers are bad.

The top line is awesome, but shouldn't it be?

The second line is what scares me most. I feel like we have a 1st line, and three weak 3rd lines out there.

Good game from lots of guys, including Quincey and Cleary. But this wasn't exactly tough competition. Felt sort of like an exhibition game.

RedWingsNow*

I just used the same options as last time, didn't feel like typing out new ones. But like Facebook, the vote isn't official if you don't actually vote on the poll, right? :laugh:

What's funny?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
3) Abdelkader can't spark any scoring line. He belongs on a checking line or hybrid line
4) Glendening looked OK. Shame that Babcock is one of the worst in the league at using the fourth line. Tootoo with less than 4 minutes.

He was, IMO, a huge part of the powerplay success tonight. Top-notch screening.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We tried Abdelkader out in the top 6, it's not working. Might as well cut our losses.

Q already moved Bickell from line 1 to line 3 this year. And that guy was a legit playoff hero for the Hawks last year.

We should follow suit. Sometimes it doesn't work.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan

For the Tootoo comment blame their coach, usually the home team matches their lines with the opponents. Tootoo played more than Rinaldo and Newbury. He didn't play more than Hall because he PKs.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Datsyuk, Zetterberg and the entire defense, the backs are playing some really solid two way hockey.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

There were so many penalties on both sides Tootoo couldn't play on any of the special teams. Although I do agree he could've seen some more ES IT.

Glendening is already better than Emmerton. It's ok Bob, you can give the kid props ;)

Didn't see much of Lashoff tbh and that's a good thing. I just don't think they have the pairings right for Smith. He shouldn't be paired with Quincey.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Things I noticed in no order

1. Cleary played well and looked solid for a 3rd liner
2. Glendening is smart and may end up as our 4th liner for the future and Andersson the winger.
3. DeKeyser is a stud defensively still and played very well with Quincey.
4. Quincey played great and I think that pairing should stick
5. Pavel could be a pro soccer player
6. Franzen is holding his linemates back
7. Bert did better than Abdelkader as the 1st liner, but I still think Abdelkader has a place in a scoring line

RedWingsNow*

There were so many penalties on both sides Tootoo couldn't play on any of the special teams. Although I do agree he could've seen some more ES IT.

Glendening is already better than Emmerton. It's ok Bob, you can give the kid props ;)

Didn't see much of Lashoff tbh and that's a good thing. I just don't think they have the pairings right for Smith. He shouldn't be paired with Quincey.

Glendening. -1 in 7 minutes. 44 percent faceoffs.

You want to give him props for what? For Timonen passing it right to him instead of shooting?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I agree about Franzen, he should be on the 3rd line, but then the 3rd line will get weaker with both Cleary and Franzen there.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

2. Glendening is smart and may end up as our 4th liner for the future and Andersson the winger.
7. Bert did better than Abdelkader as the 1st liner, but I still think Abdelkader has a place in a scoring line

Yup, very solid on the PK, will be a good compliment to Miller for a while and hopefully when Helm comes back he can play the wing even more effectively.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Disagree with points 1 and 7.

Also if Franzen holds his linemates back, so does Cleary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad