Post-Game Talk: Wings win 3-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Seriously who the **** voted for cleary? Thats not even funny.

On the boards? The majority of the time he was near the boards he got pushed down to the ice....

I just thought of a great idea. Let's try to get management and coaching staff to start a charity. We can steal Hartnell's idea. Every time Cleary falls down they have to pay $50.

In no time they will all realize he falls down if an opposing player looks at him the wrong way.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Hopefully Tatar is cementing a position for himself in the top 6. He's proving he can handle it and produce.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I thought it was a fun game to watch. Jersey had some mojo in the 1st and into the second, causing the Wings to cough up the puck and take penalties. Their first shift of the game Detroit was hemmed into their own zone for what felt like 2 minutes, I was like oh boy, here we go.

Lord our PP was complete crap! Didn't matter 1st or 2nd line, could do nothing right. I think that was a pretty obvious result of not having D and Z.

The last 5-10 minutes of the 2nd Detroit started looking like themselves, like we know they can play. Creating some space, may be slowing the game down and controlling the puck more?

That 1st shift of the game, couldn't help but blame Bertuzzi. I'm a huge supporter of his but no way in hell he should come back from a 2 week injury and start on the 1st line. And wouldn't ya know, as soon as he was shuffled Nyquist and Tatar ended up on a line together and we got the absolutely beautiful goal to Franzen. I think that was the 1st time N and T were on a line together this season?

Credit to the Wings for getting it done without our 2, possibly 3 best forwards on the team. That has got to be difficult to practice, organize yourself with completely new teammates every game. May be that is part of Babcock's strategy, to forever switch lines so that no one is complacent or settled with a specific line. You utilize the system so it doesn't matter the names on the sweater.

Let's play who's hot. Miller, Andersson, Nyquist, Tatar. I'm agreeing with the thoughts about Gustavsson, we can't lose with him. I say stay with Gus until he has a loss.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Hopefully Tatar is cementing a position for himself in the top 6. He's proving he can handle it and produce.

yep.

nyquist-z-franzen
tatar-datsyuk-alfie

weiss will be the highest paid 4C in the league...but we gotta ice the best lineup.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Lord our PP was complete crap! Didn't matter 1st or 2nd line, could do nothing right. I think that was a pretty obvious result of not having D and Z.

Yeah I'm glad you brought that up since it's easy to forgive and forget due to the win...

Obviously both 13 and 40 are great at gaining the zone and maintaining possession, and the past couple games have been a disaster in that regard so it's easier to appreciate them.. With that being said the design and strategy that Detroit has been attempting is a bit head scratching to me. They're head manning the puck to a forward like Nyquist or Tatar too much which limits their options. Let one of them trail the defenceman to pick up more speed and spread out the attack a little bit. It would also be nicer if Bertuzzi was stronger on the boards. He's really not that great at puck battles anymore. That hurt a few times today.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
New Jersey is once again one of those teams that don't even try to score. And they didn't hit either. Yawn.
But who doesn't love watching young talents like Nyquist and Tatar doing their thing?

Yeah incredible boring team. Seems to be in the walls there in NJ. I guess they're kind of good defensively.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
We're gonna have so many line combo options once healthy. We could even leave Franzen as 2nd C to have Dats and zed together or split them up and have Nyquist - Z- Franzen and Tatar - dats-alfie

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I was at the game. Some quick notes.

-- NJ played for about ten minutes. Then they just stopped. An abysmal hockey club. The most visible Devil was Jagr by far.
-- Detroit is not much better, except a handful of players: Nyquist, TT Boy, and sometimes Franzen and Alfredsson. Smith and Andersson were decent. Everybody else was either invisible like Weiss or near-garbage like Cleary (must have fallen a dozen times).
-- Didn't notice any particular team system or strategy. Everybody runs all over the place. If not for the skill of Tatar and Franzen, it would have been closer. Gustafsson looks nervous but somehow gets it down.
-- This was my son's first game. He loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad