Friedman: Wings wants a first round pick for Jimmy Howard

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You're trying to get a bidding war going and there's no one to go to war with. Contenders don't need a goaltender, non contenders are looking to improve their draft status, not trade their 1st round pick away. You got no hand. Fold and take a 3rd rounder.

Yeah, there's definitely no teams that need better goaltending right now. :sarcasm:

Reactions: marcmadsen

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, there's definitely no teams that need better goaltending right now. :sarcasm:
No, there's none giving You a first for a guy who has never been mentioned as a top tier guy. Who is the contender that could be upgrade in goal by getting Jimmy Howard?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No, there's none giving You a first for a guy who has never been mentioned as a top tier guy. Who is the contender that could be upgrade in goal by getting Jimmy Howard?

Pittsburgh's goaltending has been ass.

And it's been said multiple times here that Howard likely doesn't get a 1st and that Detroit is just keeping him unless somebody blows their mind.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
How do you define mentioned, though? Mentioned by who? He was technically: an All-Star. That seems like "a mention."

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This years draft is a weak one, so at best Howard would go for a 3rd, maybe a 2nd, considering he's age 35, an upcoming UFA and a history of not being a durable enough #1 goalie.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
Pittsburgh's goaltending has been ass.

And it's been said multiple times here that Howard likely doesn't get a 1st and that Detroit is just keeping him unless somebody blows their mind.

If Rutherford gives up a first for Howard I’d jump off a bridge. Howard is worth a 3rd to contending teams and that’s just so they have a solid backup.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I was thinking the Isles. Lou Lamirello likes Americans. Not for a 1st though, but a prospect, Lehner, draft pick. I just can't figure out if they are in or out of the race.

I think of players who may be available.

Pietrangelo, Brayden Schenn, Tarasenko?, Jake Muzzin, one of Stone/Duchene, or both, Hayes, Eberle/Nelson/Lee?, Edler, Faulk, Ferland, Panarin?, Bobrovsky?, and Howard. And whoever else shakes out. How many teams will sacrifice their 1sts, and where do they draw the line?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
This isn't 2012. Howard wasn't worth a first then and he sure as hell isn't now.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Why would I give up a first for Howard when I can give up a first for someone like Quick and get a netminder with pedigree who can still play and can help groom the kids into becoming better netminders. Plus, I could package a deal to offset Quick's contract and get another player who can help my team right now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why would I give up a first for Howard when I can give up a first for someone like Quick and get a netminder with pedigree who can still play and can help groom the kids into becoming better netminders. Plus, I could package a deal to offset Quick's contract and get another player who can help my team right now.

Yet another weird post to make considering Howard is far better than Quick at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad