Pre-Game Talk: Wings vs. Nucks 10/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
**** no green and no quincey + the rest of the team can't string a pass together to save their lives. This one is probably going to be ugly, glad I'm going to be busy and won't be able to watch this one.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
If Red Wings win in convincing fashion:

Blashill still sucks and needs to be fired

If Red Wings win in a close game:

Players pulled it out despite Blashill

If Red Wings lose in a close game:

I'm going to nitpick every little thing Blashill did that led to this conclusion

If Red Wings lose convincingly:

SEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Figures that Richards, a guy that has barely missed a game for 5 seasons goes on IR the moment he plays a few games for us. I know he's old but still.

Oh well, not like he had been light's out or anything.

Both Green and Quincey out isn't good. I like that Marchenko is getting a chance though. It's getting about time for one of our d prospects to really grab that cheese and force themselves onto the roster. Now is a good time when the team is struggling and none of the D have been very good. Go Marchenko.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Figures that Richards, a guy that has barely missed a game for 5 seasons goes on IR the moment he plays a few games for us. I know he's old but still.

Oh well, not like he had been light's out or anything.

Both Green and Quincey out isn't good. I like that Marchenko is getting a chance though. It's getting about time for one of our d prospects to really grab that cheese and force themselves onto the roster. Now is a good time when the team is struggling and none of the D have been very good. Go Marchenko.

This team has had the absolute ********* luck with injuries for the past 5 or 6 years. It's like all of our players are made of glass. Helm gets hurt when he sneezes too hard, Datsyuk is aging (which can't be helped), now both the new guys are out. What next?

Also: why is Quincey out?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
This team has had the absolute ********* luck with injuries for the past 5 or 6 years. It's like all of our players are made of glass. Helm gets hurt when he sneezes too hard, Datsyuk is aging (which can't be helped), now both the new guys are out. What next?

Looks like a concussion from that dirty hit from Bennett that went unpenalized.

This game could be rough. Maybe these injuries will force Holland to actually trade for a D.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Hope it isn't a concussion, but that hit by Bennett was a nasty piece of business last night.

Actual Thought*

I am finding it difficult to predict a win tonight. Looking at their schedule I am finding it hard to predict a win in October. Maybe they scrape up a split with Ottawa and finish the month with 9 out of 26 points?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
This feels like one of those games where you expect them to get destroyed, but end up playing a great game and getting the W.

Yep, normally when this board is at its most pessimistic is when the team pulls a W out from somewhere.

I think we've got quite a good recent record in Vancouver too.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The Red Wings have an incredibly deep offensive unit that is just not firing on all cylinders yet.

I'm always critical and quick to dissent with various opinions on here, I am quick to criticize Holland, Babcock, the defense, whomever, so I say this as an argumentative user.

This has happened in the past, and will happen in the future.

And when I say the past, I mean the near past.

I don't remember if it was Soupnazi or Argarbar who said this team will be a playoff team, and was immediately attacked by other users for using the "P" word, but the fact is, this is a good team that will make the playoffs.

Let's focus on some context here.

As the season dwindled, through the ebbs and flows of last season, Datsyuk and Tatar finished top 5 in corsi and were absolutely dominate. It's important to note that one of those players is not playing right now. The other seems to have a history of starting out slowly in October.

Then we have Zetterberg and Nyquist, two of the best power play players in the league, who are still performing very well through the first month of the season.

Then we have Riley Sheahan, who is a defensively responsible middle 6 player who will slowly put up something resembling 0.4-0.5 points per game this year, and do so well.

Then we have Dylan Larkin, who's clearly got the "IT" factor.

The season is long, guys, there's still over 70 games left to play. Look at Anaheim and Pittsburgh right now, this sort of thing happens all the time. Teams and players go through streaks, it's the nature of a long season.

Our possession numbers and shots on goal aren't good, you're right, but we have a brand new coach who is growing acclimated to his roster and his team, and the team's just coming out of the gate slow.

If we win tonight, we'll above 500 and will have received 3 out 6 points out of a tough road trip.

What I'm saying is, let's not lose our heads and minds here.

This team really is a playoff team, barring excessive injuries, and I know the last several games are rough, but we had stretches like that even with Bowman, let alone Babcock. Please, think about these things scientifically and with some context and scope.

We have a great prospect pool, top 5 in the league, a great offensive line up, and great goalies. We have a coach with a lot of potential, and a few good defensive pieces.

Remember, it is October, it is not even January, let alone April. Despite the team's starting woes, we are still 3-3-1. Wait til the team gets into gear, and you'll see a top 3 team in the Atlantic.

It'll be alright, guys, I assure you, and that is regardless of tonight's outcome.

All will be well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad