GDT: Wings vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Bad defense, and obviously Jimmy has one of those games where pucks simply don't hit him.

Also Blashill refuses to change the lines that haven't been looking good for 10 games. Just SO frustrating.

Wings have scored 4 goals in a game like, 2 times this season? I think. This game is over. Team not looking so good currently. Time to call up AA, sit Kindl, change up the lines.

Yeah these lines have been absolute crud. Looking like Blashill doesn't know how to utilize his players effectively

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Yeah, this one's mailed home.

Edit: 7 goals 20 shots in Howard's starts according to Jets' cast. Pretty bad. The Wings' bad play have a lot to do with it though.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah these lines have been absolute crud. Looking like Blashill doesn't know how to utilize his players effectively
Datsyuk+Tatar was money last season. Have they played a full game together this season?

Larkin hasn't looked good for a while, could really benefit from getting some 3rd line matchups.

And Richards... should just sit. We need to call up young guys that are hungy and bring some speed.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
We're out shooting them and minus one goal better chances. Bottom line Howard sucks

Actual Thought*

Debatable. One of their goals was 5-on-3 and one was shorthanded. 5-on-5 we've been at least as good as them. Point is we can never get everyone at their best on the same night. That's why we never win big.

It's because they are a poorly coached team. They will win some games with individual performances but they have only played a tiny handful of team games all year. This team is so much more talented than their play would make it seem.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Who'd have though Darren Helm can't score on a breakaway, is there a wrose 1 on 1 player ever?

He's like Miller with speed 1 on 1

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ghostav has been pretty ****ing great lately too. Him and Tatar 4 points in the last 9.5 games.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Uhh? I thought he's been fine. Obv tonight the whole team sucks including him tho
I think he's been looking pretty bad for a little while now. Far from being any of our worst players, but I would just not keep playing him in the top 6 game after game. No reason Nyquist and Tatar should be locked into the 3rd line all season. Lines need to be changed up. Larkin could get a boost from getting easier matchups for a little while.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Finally, Datsyuk shows some life with a good backcheck and someone dogs it to the bench and puts everything offside. Who was it?

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Beyond the usual suspects, I really feel Abdelkader's had a poor night.

And pitting Nyquist against the Winnipeg d-core just feels unfair.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's a meh roster playing meh hockey. Some nights they'll look a bit better and get points, other nights they'll look like crap.

There's 6 teams competing for 4 playoffs spots in the division and it's one of those things where they are all kinda bunched together as one big mess of extremely average hockey teams.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Wish we'd have talked after Lidstrom retired so we would be 3 years closer to having a good team again instead of being stuck in mediocrity

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Where's the assertiveness? Would someone HIT someone else for Christs' sake? "Oh, but they're so big and mean, I might get hurt if I go to the net!" Get in there! Take a punch to the head if that's what it takes. Where are your balls?!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's a meh roster playing meh hockey. Some nights they'll look a bit better and get points, other nights they'll look like crap.

There's 6 teams competing for 4 playoffs spots in the division and it's one of those things where they are all kinda bunched together as one big mess of extremely average hockey teams.

Technically 5 of 8 can make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca