GDT: Wings vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I gotta say this team's overall play took a nosedive the moment Ericsson got hurt and we inserted Kindl. Our defense just can't handle any of our top 4D being out.

Actual Thought*

It's a meh roster playing meh hockey. Some nights they'll look a bit better and get points, other nights they'll look like crap.

There's 6 teams competing for 4 playoffs spots in the division and it's one of those things where they are all kinda bunched together as one big mess of extremely average hockey teams.

Detroit is the only "playoff" team with a goal differential that matches Toronto.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
What a pathetic effort. Just be thankful you're not sitting in a sea of Jets jerseys wearing a Wings jersey.:shakehead

As a side note, enough with Howard. Just when they're starting to put some pressure on when they were down 2-0 he lets in a softie at the worst moment. Pure, uncut momentum killer.

And it's even more noticeable live just how terrible Howard is at handling the puck. He is just as much of a factor in the poor breakout as the D is. Howard leaves his net to play the puck you can pretty much be sure they're going to be pinned in their own end for a minute. Mrazek plays it and it's almost surely out of the zone.

P.S. Kindl should not be on this roster, seriously. WTF are you twiddling your thumbs for Kenny?

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
What a pathetic effort. Just be thankful you're not sitting in a sea of Jets jerseys wearing a Wings jersey.:shakehead

As a side note, enough with Howard. Just when they're starting to put some pressure on when they were down 2-0 he lets in a softie at the worst moment. Pure, uncut momentum killer.

And it's even more noticeable live just how terrible Howard is at handling the puck. He is just as much of a factor in the poor breakout as the D is. Howard leaves his net to play the puck you can pretty much be sure they're going to be pinned in their own end for a minute. Mrazek plays it and it's almost surely out of the zone.

P.S. Kindl should not be on this roster, seriously. WTF are you twiddling your thumbs for Kenny?

I feel sooo bad for you. Sorry fellow suffering fan.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I gotta say this team's overall play took a nosedive the moment Ericsson got hurt and we inserted Kindl. Our defense just can't handle any of our top 4D being out.

Really though. Who would have thunk the day would occur when we all pray for Ericsson and Quincey to return.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Just goes to.show how close our d is to being abysmal if Ericsson can make that much of a difference. Clear and desperate area of need, Ken. Where are you? Hello? Most people get fired when they refuse to do.their job... This is just neglect at this point.

Too much complacency in this org, too many people feel safe in their jobs. The Red Wings Country Club.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Really though. Who would have thunk the day would occur when we all pray for Ericsson and Quincey to return.

Well, a lot of people see a team work hard to be in the top third in the league and all they see is mediocrity without realizing that being mediocre is a hell of a lot better than being ******. And so it is with the players that are perceived as being mediocre.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

I certainly don't think those two players will change this team one bit.

A third pairing defenseman and a borderline second pairing defenseman.

Whoopity dooo.

This team will live and die based on how Zetterberg and Datsyuk play.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
We need a shakeup. New lines please. My vote:
Dats-Z-Goose
Larkin-Sheahan-Tatar
Abby-Richy-Jurcs
Nosek-others
Then Mrazek to start until he has two consecutive bad games.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
On a different note, does anyone else think that Osgood could actually be a decent announcer if he was drunk? He seems like a nice guy and he's been getting better at sharing some of the stories he has. Just a little help and I'm sure he'd be a riot.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
On a different note, does anyone else think that Osgood could actually be a decent announcer if he was drunk? He seems like a nice guy and he's been getting better at sharing some of the stories he has. Just a little help and I'm sure he'd be a riot.

Works for Murph and Mickey.:sarcasm:

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Team needs more effort and actually look like professional hockey players that care. Kindl, Smith, Howard need to be gone. I am sick of the their escapades and negative impact on this team for years now.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Just goes to.show how close our d is to being abysmal if Ericsson can make that much of a difference. Clear and desperate area of need, Ken. Where are you? Hello? Most people get fired when they refuse to do.their job... This is just neglect at this point.
Well, Quincey's out too. Ericsson gets too much criticism, he's solid as a #4. And Quincey is a #4-5 type guy. This team always seem to suck when both Smith and Kindl are in the lineup, they just combine for too many mistakes and boneheaded plays for us to survive.

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko

That's a pretty decent defense. Problem right now is that instead of playing a smart player like Ouellet, we're going with the brothers Dumb.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Well, Quincey's out too. Ericsson gets too much criticism, he's solid as a #4. And Quincey is a #4-5 type guy. This team always seem to suck when both Smith and Kindl are in the lineup, they just combine for too many mistakes and boneheaded plays for us to survive.

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Ericsson
Quincey-Marchenko

That's a pretty decent defense. Problem right now is that instead of playing a smart player like Ouellet, we're going with the brothers Dumb.

Decent? Mediocre with almost no upside is what i would call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad