GDT: Wings vs bruins 7:30 pm et 3/31/19 nbcsn

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Every time Mantha and AA hit a hot steak everyone comes out of the woodwork to proclaim that we've finally turned the corner and our future success is assured.

And every single time we're complaining about Mantha and AA a month later.

Since when is a full season of play a "hot streak?"

Athanasiou's yearly progression in points per game: 0.38 --> 0.45 --> 0.46 --> 0.71
Mantha's yearly progression in points per game: 0.6 --> 0.6 --> 0.7

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Every time Mantha and AA hit a hot steak everyone comes out of the woodwork to proclaim that we've finally turned the corner and our future success is assured.

And every single time we're complaining about Mantha and AA a month later.
To be fair AA has smashed his career high by ~20 points and surpassed both 20 and 30 goals for the first time. Mantha has also despite a slow first half and injury come back to have a shot at beating his career highs.

So while I'm far from sure they are not going to fall back into bad habits, they are showing forward progress.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
folks, I've been moving tankish posts to the tank thread. I'm not against going a bit off-topic in a thread, but let's try to contain the tank talk to threads purposefully built for it. Those threads are all on the first page, and I think it makes the other threads (like the GDTs) more enjoyable for all of us to have some space from an argument we've been having for awhile now about the draft and where we're picking.

It was really nice reading a GDT without sifting through that swarm of talk and the same arguments from the same people that always follow such comments. Much appreciated, hopefully GDTs can return to being GDTs without you needing to be bothered with that sort of babysitting.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
That whole play is made by Hirose controlling the stretch pass and sending AA in with speed, then using his hockey IQ to be smart enough to back-fill the void AA is creating as they scramble. I love the play by AA, but Hirose has a lot to do with his own goal as well. That is honestly one of the best parts about Hirose thus far though for me, he is really good in the neutral zone at making smart plays and breaking coverage. He helps us lead to controlled entries and he does a lot of just smart simple plays all over the ice. I have been really impressed with him thus far.

Wasn't it Kronwall who sent AA in?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Wasn't it Kronwall who sent AA in?

AA won by he draw back to Kronwall and cycled back to his own blue line to pick up a full head of steam. Kronwall hit Hirose with a pass at the opposing blue line, who executed a touch pass to AA breaking in with speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad