Post-Game Talk: Wings streak ends at 6 - we sorely miss our offensive MVP

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Truly awful game. Boston always seems to have the Wings' number. Julien and his boring trap game can go jump in the Blind River.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
How do we come from looking like a top 5 team in the league to an AHL team? Howard can't score goals guys. Mailed this one in big time. Well tomorrow they better come with everything and the kitchen sink.

We never looked like a top 5 team? We got some lucky wins, but nothing we were doing was close to sustainable. We are the 2nd worst possession team in the league and as such we will have pathetic loses like this. A third of our games have been just terrible (Panthers, NYR, Bruins). The win streak was great but the team had plenty of problems during it and never looked like a top 5 team during it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The good news is I don't think the guys will be too tired after that effort to enjoy all the Halloween partying tonight.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I expected a loss. Not sure if we lose vs Florida

After that I wanna see a 2-3 win streak

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sad sad game. Second game this year I'm voting Howard for all three stars. Dude's been on it.
I can't get over how pathetic of a hockey game that was.

Blash stahp with the 21-40-15 line

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
We never looked like a top 5 team? We got some lucky wins, but nothing we were doing was close to sustainable. We are the 2nd worst possession team in the league and as such we will have pathetic loses like this. A third of our games have been just terrible (Panthers, NYR, Bruins). The win streak was great but the team had plenty of problems during it and never looked like a top 5 team during it.

Couldn't disagree more.

Part of being good, is being lucky as well. We also did tons of things right and efficiently during the win streak despite have poorer posession numbers.

I expect a win against the Panthers.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I want us to put out best team out.

we still have stone hands Riley Sheaham, Luke Glendening,Darren Helm, Justin Abdelkader and Drew Miller. Now I get we need a checking line but that's almost 2 checking lines.

so Keep Darren Helm, Justin Abdelkader and Drew Miller, and put some talent back in the line up.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I'm not giving any one on either team a star! I have seen better played peewee games. Both teams looked like a bantam house team out there. just going through the motions for pizza after the game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm not giving any one on either team a star! I have seen better played peewee games. Both teams looked like a bantam house team out there. just going through the motions for pizza after the game.

Hey man, it was a pathetic game, but Jimmy Howard deserves your vote. He's faced 98 shots this year and has only let in a pristine deflection and a weak ass shot that poked through.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So sick of Z already. A couple nice assists earlier in the year don't make him a productive player for the Wings. Can't stand seeing him out there all the time.

maybe we should try not playing him 20 minutes a night :laugh:

the Wings keep saying Athanasiou does better with less ice-time or whatever well that's probably even more true with Zetterberg at this stage of his career

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This where I disagree with you.
Yes, Howard stopped 30+ shots, but the one that passes was a super soft one.
I do not blame him for the loss. I saw it coming. Their are extremely desperate team we were on the winning streak.
This one goes on blashill. He should have played Mrazek this game. Howard lost playoff series to bruins, should not be in net.
It is to be seen how the teams respond. The cats lost badly to sabres. Are they going to play their hearts out or they are going to be an easy prey.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Hard do believe that the Cats are losing their 4th in a row. Expecting another tough loss, hoping to grab a point at least.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I do not blame him for the loss. I saw it coming. Their are extremely desperate team we were on the winning streak.
This one goes on blashill. He should have played Mrazek this game. Howard lost playoff series to bruins, should not be in net.
It is to be seen how the teams respond. The cats lost badly to sabres. Are they going to play their hearts out or they are going to be an easy prey.

Even if he played Mrazek and he posted a shutout.... the Wings still need to score goals to win. Howard stopped 35 shots and only gave up the one. I don't care... a 1-0 loss where your goalie faces 36 shots isn't on your goalie unless he literally just turns and fires it into his own net.

This game goes on the Wings offense. You can't win if you don't score. It's not on Blash because he did the same stuff he did the last six games that we won. It's not on Howard because he kept it a one shot game the entire night.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

They put it up on the broadcast during the game and I guess you didn't see it. Mrazek wasn't playing last night because of how terrible he has been against Boston. Mrazek's lone win against Boston came in the offensive slug-fest game we won last year 6-5 or something like that where he was terrible on his birthday. He has an .870 save percentage against Boston. He plays them probably the worst of any team in the league.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
This game scored almost as nicely as it looked:

DET vs BOS

DDK (+1-2)
(-) Turnover in front of net
(-) poor pass into the skates
(+) good job muscling Bergeron into boards
Green (+1-3)
(-) icing
(+) nice shot
(-) turnover for breakaway
(-) pass intercepted
Ericsson (+2-2)
(-) give-away in front of the net (dangerous)
(+) nice quick pass
(-) fanned on clearance
(+) good check to stop the split
Smith (+1-4)
(-) icing
(-) out of position lead to angled 2on1
(-) poor pass
(+) good rush and pass into the slot
(-) icing
Marchenko (+1-1)
(+) great pass to Tatar in the middle (slap pass on the tape)
(-) poor pass
Sproul (-1)
(-) poor spin pass

Best game was E with an "even" performance.

Every other D man was negative.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Zetterberg has been a bit better than last season so far but he still bogs down the offense way too much with how slow he is compared to the rest of the team. Him playing big minutes and constantly running the offense though him on the PP is (again) hurting the team more than it helps.

Also, what happened to his shot? It's terribly weak and ineffective, it looks like me shooting out there.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Even if he played Mrazek and he posted a shutout.... the Wings still need to score goals to win. Howard stopped 35 shots and only gave up the one. I don't care... a 1-0 loss where your goalie faces 36 shots isn't on your goalie unless he literally just turns and fires it into his own net.

This game goes on the Wings offense. You can't win if you don't score. It's not on Blash because he did the same stuff he did the last six games that we won. It's not on Howard because he kept it a one shot game the entire night.
As I said, this where I disagree with most of the posters. I understand your logic, but a soft goal is a soft goal and a softish goal is a softish one no matter. Then there is a half softish and so on.
All in all Howard has done his job, allowed 2 goals in 3 games is dream goaltending. Nonetheless, for his own sake he has to get rid of those soft ones, cause sooner or later they will bite him.
They put it up on the broadcast during the game and I guess you didn't see it. Mrazek wasn't playing last night because of how terrible he has been against Boston. Mrazek's lone win against Boston came in the offensive slug-fest game we won last year 6-5 or something like that where he was terrible on his birthday. He has an .870 save percentage against Boston. He plays them probably the worst of any team in the league.
Didn't know that. Thanks.
The stream was bad and I gave up the 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad