Post-Game Talk: Wings streak ends at 6 - we sorely miss our offensive MVP

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Easily the worst and sloppiest hockey game I've seen in a very long time. Bruins sucked and we were somehow even worse.

Too bad my feeling of a loss was correct.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
no heart no hustle mail it in Tigers like game. SO sad so weak so pathetic.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Absolutely pathetic. Team decided to pack it up with 12 minutes left in the game and just refused to shoot the puck. I really miss Babcock screaming at the players to shoot the puck, it really isn't that hard

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tatar, Nyquist and Jimmy are the only guys that played well tonight in my opinion. Very frustrating hockey game to watch. The Bruins were really bad tonight, we were just that much worse. Dreadful hockey game.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Easily the worst and sloppiest hockey game I've seen in a very long time. Bruins sucked and we were somehow even worse.

Too bad my feeling of a loss was correct.

I wouldn't say they 'sucked'. They played a suffocating game and we couldn't counter them.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
I think that was genuinely the dullest and least well executed game of hockey I have ever seen. Both teams were appalling, though we were worse. After recent performances, I did not see that coming.

It was like every bad habit from last year all in one game

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm scared to look at the face off numbers from that game.

36%.

Well, scoring has died up a bit. Wings have scored 1 goal in the last 2 games. Regroup and back at it.

Nice to see goaltending could be a strength this year, though.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Embarrasing effort all around. Forwards couldnt create one single chance all game. Literally. Defense could hardly break the puck out. And Howard cost the Wings a point allowing a soft goal that my blind grandmother could have saved, its not like Boston had a ton of chances and he stood on his head. Didn’t deserve to win so not to upset with Jimmy. 6 in a row, was bound to happen sooner or later. Probably a few more of these throughout the year, sorely miss Vanek right now.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
So sick of Z already. A couple nice assists earlier in the year don't make him a productive player for the Wings. Can't stand seeing him out there all the time.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
True it was harsh probably to leave him out though after you include him that really is it in my opinion. Z setup Tatar a few times, but he was brutal in the faceoff dot in my opinion.

Just flush this effort, burn the tape. That was awful.

I really dislike Z with Tatar. Tatar isn't really a one time finisher in front of the net. Tatar likes to come from the boards and shoot low far side. Does it so much. Z and Tatar both like the puck in the same area. Tats, despite like 2 points in 9 games is buzzing. He is going to go on a tear IMO. Z is a really good passer from his own blue line too which is why Larkin works. I'd try that out again. I like Frans with Tatar.

I mentioned E though because each game I'm just more and more surprised that we haven't seen his bonehead side again. Loving E's game. Left side, better minutes/opposing lines, it's glorious.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How do we come from looking like a top 5 team in the league to an AHL team? Howard can't score goals guys. Mailed this one in big time. Well tomorrow they better come with everything and the kitchen sink.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
regressing to the mean :handclap:

it was pathetic. we got constantly out manned and our exit was useless. Julien outcoached Blashill this one. Pretty badly.

Teams are starting to shutting down our breakout better which is not a good sign. They are flying back to neutral zone to prevent it. Maybe instead trying to thread the needle, pass it back to D and regroup like we did in Predator game.

But obviously, the team didnt start on time. which was the big one. Lost too many races and battles early on and it kinda set the tone.

Jimmy Howard played very good. Not even gonna blame that one on him.

Hope this is not a start of a long losing streak.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Expected...

Better win against Florida or I'll start to doubt my optimism... seriously where was the team tonight? ****

My gosh does Boston suck, though. We, however, decided tonight would be a good time to deliver a stinker of a game

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
How do we come from looking like a top 5 team in the league to an AHL team? Howard can't score goals guys. Mailed this one in big time. Well tomorrow they better come with everything and the kitchen sink.

I only got to watch the St Louis game so far, which was also a snooze and can't comment on other games... In this game I felt Boston just did a very good job defensively while catching a break on offence at one point. They gave up no chances at odd man rushes, etc... Whenever one of our players received a pass, a Bruin was always there, taking the body at that too. Bruins played to their strength and it paid off. Even in the closing minutes, they were very aggressive on the forecheck and given the bad ice at that point, making our guys rush with judgement is a good strategy. Plain and simple, they were much better prepared with a much better plan.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
regressing to the mean :handclap:J

it was pathetic. we got constantly out manned and our exit was useless. Julien outcoached Blashill this one. Pretty badly.

Teams are starting to shutting down our breakout better which is not a good sign. They are flying back to neutral zone to prevent it. Maybe instead trying to thread the needle, pass it back to D and regroup like we did in Predator game.

But obviously, the team didnt start on time. which was the big one. Lost too many races and battles early on and it kinda set the tone.

Jimmy Howard played very good. Not even gonna blame that one on him.

Hope this is not a start of a long losing streak.

Cats are on a three game losing streak, coming off a loss against the Sabres. I can see tomorrow being an ugly one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad