Post-Game Talk: Wings streak ends at 6 - we sorely miss our offensive MVP

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Hahaha.

There's no way this post is not an intentional parody of the forum. 1 loss after a 6 game win streak. .. and it's a 1-0 loss. .. and it's our coach's fault for using the wrong goaltender!

Hilarious. Nice one.

If you were not such a child, you might have behaved as an adult and discuss hockey.

I mentioned in my post that since their were desperate and we were on a 6 games winning streak, we were overdue to a loss while they were overdue for a win.

I thought Mrazek had a better record vs bruins, I was wrong, was corrected on that one.

You just jump to conclusions. I have not blamed blashill for anything yet. I still think he has to show what he can do.
He has done very good so far in my books.

Where I disagree with the posters here is that they think Howard is fine for making 30+ saves while allowing one soft goal. But this is nothing new.

I see it this way. In a low scoring game a goalie can't allow soft goals.
In an up and down 10+ goals game he can.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Today I learned that Jimmy Howard can literally have the best sv% and GAA in the league and still be blamed for the Wings losing a hockey game.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
It takes a high level of "hockey sense" to be great defensively, which Larkin most certainly is. He is in the right place way too often for it to be luck. He has had a slow start, he will get it going. Also, it will take more than 5 games to adjust for the switch from wing to center. Give him some time, he will get it. Might be the hardest working player on the team.

OK I just posted that Larkin is 21 but...you do realize Larkin hasn't played center in 3 games? The "adjustment" is being put on hold.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
OK I just posted that Larkin is 21 but...you do realize Larkin hasn't played center in 3 games? The "adjustment" is being put on hold.

Of course it is, anyone who looked at a pregame lineup should be able to ascertain that. I was just trying to say it's crazy to conclude that Larkin is a better wing than center after his five game "tryout".

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Today I learned that Jimmy Howard can literally have the best sv% and GAA in the league and still be blamed for the Wings losing a hockey game.

Yeah, it's dumb, but I think it's ok to lament the way jimmy gives up goals. Letting one unstoppable goal in when you're playing like a stud builds confidence in your mates and viewers; letting in a softie after standing on your head makes it look like you still don't have it all figured out.

That said, all of us should be psyched that Jimmy is doing well. Maybe it's the coach, maybe it's a fluke, maybe he's just coming back around. Doesn't matter - he looks more solid than ever and it could be the blessing we need to move him.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Controversial indeed. He turned 20 4 months ago and is being asked to be a top 6 center on a mediocre team with all of, ohhhh, a dozen games at center in his entire pro hockey career? Way too soon to lock him in at wing.
But the bigger problem is not that I think this, it's that Blash seems to think it. If the goal is for Larkin to be a center, he needs to play there. I don't think he's going to learn center by playing wing...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
But the bigger problem is not that I think this, it's that Blash seems to think it. If the goal is for Larkin to be a center, he needs to play there. I don't think he's going to learn center by playing wing...

I doubt Zetterberg stays at center. They've said flat out they'd prefer not to play him there. Blashill said he was moving Larkin to wing to get him going offensively. He's scored a few goals since. Would almost guarantee he gets moved back to center this season. We're 10 games into the season, guys are going to get moved around.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I doubt Zetterberg stays at center. They've said flat out they'd prefer not to play him there. Blashill said he was moving Larkin to wing to get him going offensively. He's scored a few goals since. Would almost guarantee he gets moved back to center this season. We're 10 games into the season, guys are going to get moved around.
But isn't having to put him at wing to "get him going offensively" the problem in the first place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad