Post-Game Talk: Wings start the homestand with a win over the Champs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great to see them skate like that, they are still ugly to watch defensively, but it is a lot better show when all the guys are moving their feet. Nice win, I thought they played a very good first and were not rewarded and came out sluggish in the second as a result. Felt like a blowout was about to happen and they regrouped so good on all of them.

My three stars would be

Mantha
Nyquist
AA

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If we could play all sub-900 save % goalies we might go on a Cup run.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Happy the kids and the deadline bait keeps producing. If we can land a top 5 pick and move some guys for assets it'll be the first productive season in awhile.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Mantha's pass to Gus through Crosby's skates and back to Z for the goal, that was amazing! :laugh:

Not an excellent game from Pittsburgh but the Wings earned the win, good job. They fought tooth and nail for space you've got to respect the effort. REALLY nice goal by Nielsen from Green. AA yet another thrilling rush and snipe under the bar. I was wrong- the guy is on fire!

Coreau had a rough 1st period but was sharp for the rest. He made some key saves when it was tied and up by only 1.

Green looked back to himself-skating well and a noticeable force every shift. He makes the whole team better when he's playing well.

Did Tatar play this game? :laugh: He was pretty quiet but could be the shoulder problem that was talked about again recently.

Anyone know what happened to the lines in the 2nd period? I could swear I saw Glendening on the top line and Abdelkader switched to the 3rd? Kind of bugged me it felt like whatever was happening we were about to fly off the rails but it worked out for Blash in the end.

Very good game from Jensen definitely making a statement tonight.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Happy the kids and the deadline bait keeps producing. If we can land a top 5 pick and move some guys for assets it'll be the first productive season in awhile.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it could be more likely a top 10-12 pick and no moves for assets. We're currently 4 points behind 6 other teams. If were're within 6-10 points of the WC by the deadline no way Kenny sells off the hope of a continued streak.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Sorry to burst your bubble but it could be more likely a top 10-12 pick and no moves for assets. We're currently 4 points behind 6 other teams. If were're within 6-10 points of the WC by the deadline no way Kenny sells off the hope of a continued streak.

When was his last good trade anyway.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
In case you wanted to watch Crosby get laid out over and over again.

4ySAjPW.gif

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
When's Howie comin back? If he's still playin like he can before injuries we could make a run.
Note that we score goals when Howard is not in net. For whatever reason we can't score with him in net.
We will see.
or an average powerplay. wings would be comfortably in the playoffs by now if they had that
If our goaltending and PP were not so terrible, we would hold a playoff spot easily.
In case you wanted to watch Crosby get laid out over and over again.

4ySAjPW.gif

Thanks. Play of the game along with AAs goal.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
or an average powerplay. wings would be comfortably in the playoffs by now if they had that
Healthy Howard and a mediocre PP, that's really all it would take for us to at least be right in the middle of the wildcard battle. Now whether that says more about the league parity or about this team, I don't know. But certainly I think there's some overestimation as to just how much of a trainwreck this team is. I've said it a few times now, but the last 10 games or so we could have been on a good run if our goaltending had been decent.

Mantha and AA right now are huge catalysts offensively. Maybe they won't keep it up, but this has to be considered very promising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad