Speculation: Wings spare parts at the deadline (Actually, the tank thread)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Wait, Boston? F that. I don't want to help them. Knee jerk reaction.

But yeah I should probably think through that a little more.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Wait, Boston? F that. I don't want to help them. Knee jerk reaction.

But yeah I should probably think through that a little more.

To be fair its more speculation than an active rumour.

That said, getting Boston's 2024 pick could be interesting. Pastrnak, Bergeron, Kreiji and 6 others are Free agents while boston will have 21 mil in cap space. Its possible they take a medium - large step back in the standings.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
To be fair its more speculation than an active rumour.

That said, getting Boston's 2024 pick could be interesting. Pastrnak, Bergeron, Kreiji and 6 others are Free agents while boston will have 21 mil in cap space. Its possible they take a medium - large step back in the standings.
I was pretty amused that the Leafs lottery protected their '25 pick. Hedging their bets regarding Matthews/Nylander.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If the top teams continue loading up and the Jeannot deal is an indication of a big-time sellers market, I'd still prefer to try to keep Bertuzzi and focus on shopping a guy like Perron. He seems like a good piece for a contender to go after to help them make the push this year and next that could get a nice return for us with retention
Been wanting perron out of here. His name carries more weight than his actual game play and once people finally see it, it is too hard to stop seeing it.

Last night he got the PP goal (first since like December) yet he stays on PP1? His backchecking is terrible. He is lackadaisical a lot and people confuse it with patience. It's basically 50/50 and that shouldn't be happening.

His name still accounts for experience or noteriety, so trade him for a 1st and 3rd (sellers market, and his name carries more weight than jeanot for god sakes) and call it a day. Bring up Soderblom since how management team hates Vrana that much, and move on.

Glad to at least see some Wing news with the new contract for Walman and that they are shopping Tyler again. I like that Steve keeps a tight ship, but not hearing any rumours makes it kind of bland as we are never in the rumours to be trading anyone or getting anyone.
it just goes back to the old days where the internet was seldomly used and you turn on the tv for the next game and all of a sudden players are missing and weird new faces are in the red sweater.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Im not seeing the issue with Perron.
He's more sneaky than hard working, and he's not sneaky enough. He does a lot of dumb shit that doesn't reliably work. Top of the list is clamp his arm down on a stick and fall down. His quick release has completely vanished. He hasn't gotten a one-timer on net in weeks.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Im not seeing the issue with Perron. I think he brings a level of skill along that no one on this team can really match.
Literally no one because he is the slowest and worst at it.

Where should I begin about him to get you to think otherwise? Would love to change your mind. What specifically about his skill level do you see is so great, so I can pinpoint the issue for yah.

He's more sneaky than hard working, and he's not sneaky enough. He does a lot of dumb shit that doesn't reliably work. Top of the list is clamp his arm down on a stick and fall down. His quick release has completely vanished. He hasn't gotten a one-timer on net in weeks.
This is the most annoying because half of the refs call it and the other half don't. Which means 50% of the time he does this, he loses puck possession and it goes the other way when he could have made a much higher probability play to keep possession and work the puck around for an opportunity. And he bitches about it to the refs that further won't call it.

I mean, I like that he get's under people's skins, especially after the whistle and doesn't get called against for doing it, but other than that, I could really do without his game.

Would rather have Anderson from Montreal.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Im not seeing the issue with Perron. I think he brings a level of skill along that no one on this team can really match.
I don't have an issue with him. Just potentially has good value and at his age doesn't fit into our potential window.

Now, during the game last night Ken and Mick did mention that he's been a great leader in the locker room and that needs to be factored in, and I like him here, but there could be some real good value for a vet leader who plays the right way and is still producing

Reactions: SirloinUB

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I don't have an issue with him. Just potentially has good value and at his age doesn't fit into our potential window.

Now, during the game last night Ken and Mick did mention that he's been a great leader in the locker room and that needs to be factored in, and I like him here, but there could be some real good value for a vet leader who plays the right way and is still producing
Honestly, from all reports, it sounds like he works a hell of a lot harder in practice and in the locker room, than the actual game play.

If he is there just to be the leader, great! Then take him off of the PP1 at least.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

He also has a 10 team NTC, which makes him trickier to move.

All in all I do think he's part of what helped stabilize this young team.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
1677960330350.png

I don't see a ton of room for tanking.
Likely, it's just going to be a battle with Washington
So 10 or 11.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
The Wings could challenge for the 7th or 8th spot if they only get 10 points the rest of the way or something. They are going to be pretty bad down the stretch, but maybe not that bad. Per The Athletic's models, they'd be the odds on favorite for finishing 10th worst and a 3.5% chance at Bedard and 3.8% chance at the #2 pick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1682959154035.png

Best points producers so far at the playoffs, of player who traded at the deadline:

Of Top53 of all scoring.

7. Tyler Bertuzzi, 7 games, 5+5=10 points, 1.43 points per game
21. Ryan O'Reilly, 6 games, 2+5=7 points, 1.17 points per game
52. Gustav Nyquist, 6 games, 0+5= 5 points, 0.83 points per game
53. Evan Rodrigues, 7 games, 1+4=5 points, 0.71 points per game

Not bad from Bert.

Everybody else from the Top20 weren't traded players. He is the only one. And there was only 4 guys at Top53.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
View attachment 701024

Best points producers so far at the playoffs, of player who traded at the deadline:

Of Top53 of all scoring.

7. Tyler Bertuzzi, 7 games, 5+5=10 points, 1.43 points per game
21. Ryan O'Reilly, 6 games, 2+5=7 points, 1.17 points per game
52. Gustav Nyquist, 6 games, 0+5= 5 points, 0.83 points per game
53. Evan Rodrigues, 7 games, 1+4=5 points, 0.71 points per game

Not bad from Bert.

Everybody else from the Top20 weren't traded players. He is the only one. And there was only 4 guys at Top53.
Interesting report.

And I'd just like to point out that while Nyquist's 5 points (all assists) are modest, he was tied for the team lead in points, and led the team in +/-.

Kaprizov 1 point in 6 games. Woof.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad