Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Kent Huskins for 1 year

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Jeff Finger could be the guy. He's from Michigan, right handed and doesn't appear to be signed by anyone. He could be a 20-30 point guy here.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Here 3 realistic players the Wings might add..

1. Chris Campoli
2. Kent Huskins
3. Brett Clark

Lebda had his chance w the Wings...Only way I can see him coming back is b/c of his speed. He has great speed, makes decent outlet passes..Only negative thing is his actual Defense, LOL

Commie, no wayyyyyyyy

Not sure what happened in Montreal last year, but I liked Campoli during his brief stint with the Hawks.

I would rather have Kubina, but given the status of our D, Campoli could be a good signing.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Colin White intrigues me. Pick up Vandermeer + White, stick Smith with Ian White...

Kronwall-Lashoff
Smith-White
Vandermeer-White

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Colin White intrigues me. Pick up Vandermeer + White, stick Smith with Ian White...

Kronwall-Lashoff
Smith-White
Vandermeer-White

Is that...

YEAH.JPG

... the White way to build a defense?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
That guy is horrible. Leaf fans hated him. 1 year 850K. If Kenny drops 2 million on him he should be fired immediately.

Leafs' fans hated him because he was paid 3.5M to play as a 3rd string D. If he's signed to a reasonable deal, say 2 years/1.25M a year, I would listen.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
One could, if reading too much in to it, actually suspect it's Lidström. "Trying" to sign the player, waiting for the league to "clear the deal", Holland being on the phone for hours... If you sign someone who has already filled out his retirement papers, there would proably be a lot of strings to be pulled for him to sign a new NHL deal. http://www.freep.com/article/201301...es?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Red Wings

I'm not saying that this is going to happen, though.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Clark is probably the best fit as a shot blocking safe guy.

They will probably go with a "puck mover" who plays no actual defense...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That guy is horrible. Leaf fans hated him. 1 year 850K. If Kenny drops 2 million on him he should be fired immediately.

Finger actually is a pretty solid bottom pairing guy. He hits hard and will fight, leaf fans didnt like him because he was signed to so much money as a bottom pairing type when they already had Komisarek. I live in the golden horse shoe, a lot of my buddies actually liked when he was in the lineup because he was steady back there

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Lids seems like a guy that when he says he`s done... he`s done. Let`s not get our hopes up.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Clark is probably the best fit as a shot blocking safe guy.

They will probably go with a "puck mover" who plays no actual defense...

I'd like to see Clark actually, he's a righty too (IIRC) if Coliaicovo is injured.

Kronwall - Ericsson
Smith - Clark
White - Kindl/Quincey/Lashoff

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
6'04'' - 205 pounds, 33 years old, lefty.

“Kent played an important role on a Stanley Cup winning team and knows what it takes to win,†said Doug Wilson. “He is a player that can play in all situations and does whatever is necessary to get the job done on this ice.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad