Confirmed with Link: Wings sign James Reimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
This is the only signing yesterday that has me really scratching my head. Yeah we overpaid a little for Comphwr but who knows what he also brings to the locker room.

This dude is 35 and was worse than both our terrrible backups last year. I’d hope this is a Grand Rapids stash type of thing. Much rather gk with Lyon as the backup

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hellberg just signed a 2-way-contract with PIT for 1 year & 785,000...

:ha:
So... We played the Pens 3 times last year.

Husso started 12-28, got shelled and yanked, Hellberg took over and we won in Griddy fashion in OT 5-4 with Hellberg making 19 saves and no goals allowed.
Ned started on 3-28 and we won a 7-4 goal fest.
Husso started on 4-8 and we got waxed 5-1.

Pittsburgh signed both of our goalies that beat them last year.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
My first choice for a backup was actually trading for Matt Murray. Toronto is up against the cap and still have Samsonov to sign. I was hoping we could acquire Murray and a 1st like what the Leafs did with Marleau.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Now, no one is going to change anyone’s mind on these topics on this forum, and I’m not trying to start an argument, but man. I’ll never understand this idea that tolerating the intolerant is somehow a good thing for society, or somehow setting a good example. Ending oppression has never come about by being tolerant of the oppressors.
So if you disagree with someone else, they are wrong and you are right? Doesn’t that seem just a little intolerant on your behalf?

You (not you, but meaning everyone including myself) don’t need to like a person and if you and everyone else is really this upset that you have literal hatred for someone that you never met, then don’t watch when he plays or better yet, hope he does somewhat decent for 60 minutes of gameplay for the Detroit red wings sake because that’s who we want to win the cup (I’m assuming?) and before/after the game go on about your day hoping he changes his mind.

No one wants to get political or religious on here, as you said, openly because of the possible backlash that could occur, so if you want to go further dm me. I love to have conversations like this because having conversations with people you may or may not disagree with is the only way we, as a society, can peacefully coexist.

With that being said, I believe that anyone who has an issue with the pride jersey, military night, cancer night, or whatever night it is and they don’t want to wear it, just don’t go out during pregame or go out with the game jersey. Honestly, as a society we can disagree with everyone we talk to (and A LOT of that happens on these forums on a day to day basis whether that’s hockey games, signings, etc), doesn’t make it bigotry or coming from straight malice in the heart. It could just be coming from someone who wants to just live their lives the way they want it to and as long as it isn’t physically hurting other people, then do what you want. I may disagree or not like certain things that people do, but it’s not up to me to find a way for them to live their lives according to my ethics and morals because maybe I’m wrong too?

People are different. That’s all it is. If they start infringing on how you want to live your life when you aren’t infringing on them, then fuc* em, who cares.

There are almost 8 (or more?) billion people in this world and half of them think one side, and the other half believe the other side. If you want to try and change peoples minds or hate half the world because they don’t agree then more power to you because that honestly seems exhausting.

Reactions: jkutswings

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So if you disagree with someone else, they are wrong and you are right? Doesn’t that seem just a little intolerant on your behalf?

You (not you, but meaning everyone including myself) don’t need to like a person and if you and everyone else is really this upset that you have literal hatred for someone that you never met, then don’t watch when he plays or better yet, hope he does somewhat decent for 60 minutes of gameplay for the Detroit red wings sake because that’s who we want to win the cup (I’m assuming?) and before/after the game go on about your day hoping he changes his mind.

No one wants to get political or religious on here, as you said, openly because of the possible backlash that could occur, so if you want to go further dm me. I love to have conversations like this because having conversations with people you may or may not disagree with is the only way we, as a society, can peacefully coexist.

With that being said, I believe that anyone who has an issue with the pride jersey, military night, cancer night, or whatever night it is and they don’t want to wear it, just don’t go out during pregame or go out with the game jersey. Honestly, as a society we can disagree with everyone we talk to (and A LOT of that happens on these forums on a day to day basis whether that’s hockey games, signings, etc), doesn’t make it bigotry or coming from straight malice in the heart. It could just be coming from someone who wants to just live their lives the way they want it to and as long as it isn’t physically hurting other people, then do what you want. I may disagree or not like certain things that people do, but it’s not up to me to find a way for them to live their lives according to my ethics and morals because maybe I’m wrong too?

People are different. That’s all it is. If they start infringing on how you want to live your life when you aren’t infringing on them, then fuc* em, who cares.

There are almost 8 (or more?) billion people in this world and half of them think one side, and the other half believe the other side. If you want to try and change peoples minds or hate half the world because they don’t agree then more power to you because that honestly seems exhausting.
That's a very easy thing to say when you aren't in, EDIT and/or don't care that, the demographic that certain groups are quite literally hoping to remove from existence.

"Live and let live" only works when it's equally understood and embraced by all involved. That's not the case here.

Last edited:

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021

I would LOVE to hear your opinions on Bud light, Target, Disney World, and Colin Kaepernick

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
That's a very easy thing to say when you aren't in the demographic that certain groups are quite literally hoping to remove from existence.

"Live and let live" only works when it's equally understood and embraced by all involved. That's not the case here.
So you are making the inference that I am not a part of the lgbt community? How in the world do you know if I am or not?

We disagree on a lot in these forums Norrisnick and you and everyone else that liked your response to mine is the issue. You have absolutely no idea who I am, what I believe, or what my social dynamic is because I am not the social norm.

Just so you know, that demographic that you are trying to speak for, I am considered a part of it. So everyone liking what you said and you saying the words itself is insane.

Hope you realize the mistake you made but it doesn’t matter. Can’t change the way you think, even if I think your incorrect. See how it works? Live and let live is absolutely exactly what should be said.

I would LOVE to hear your opinions on Bud light, Target, Disney World, and Colin Kaepernick
Then dm me. Because I would love to hear what you think too.

But I’m not going to be hosted into having a conversation about controversial topics openly on these forums because I rather like being on here and don’t want to give anyone any reason to infer or try to pinpoint me without giving me the ability to speak about it.

And it sucks that that’s where you are going and what you took out of what I said. But hey, your life to live and it’s not up to me. I love mine like everyone else does.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, hope he will be better than Olkinuora was.

But my gut feeling is how Alex Lyon will steal the backup job.
What Alex Lyon did for Florida kept them in the hunt until bobrovsky got better. That is all you can ask for and hopefully he has the ability to keep that going and beat out reimer.

Reimer had a bad season last year but he was also on the 4th worst team. Obviously that’s partly on him but the team in front of him surely didn’t help

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So you are making the inference that I am not a part of the lgbt community? How in the world do you know if I am or not?

We disagree on a lot in these forums Norrisnick and you and everyone else that liked your response to mine is the issue. You have absolutely no idea who I am, what I believe, or what my social dynamic is because I am not the social norm.

Just so you know, that demographic that you are trying to speak for, I am considered a part of it. So everyone liking what you said and you saying the words itself is insane.

Hope you realize the mistake you made but it doesn’t matter. Can’t change the way you think, even if I think your incorrect. See how it works? Live and let live is absolutely exactly what should be said.
Fixed it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad