Confirmed with Link: Wings sign James Reimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't really like Reimer at all as a goaltender.

But who knows, goalies go up and down, hot and cold.

Still think Lyon would outplay Reimer and force him to AHL.

Maybe it's good to hire 2 options to compete of a spot.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Don't really like Reimer at all as a goaltender.

But who knows, goalies go up and down, hot and cold.

Still think Lyon would outplay Reimer and force him to AHL.

Maybe it's good to hire 2 options to compete of a spot.

That's what I'm thinking too. Getting paid 1.5M to mentor in the AHL is a good deal. Hate the guy as a person, though.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
35 year old ocming off a career worse season. .890 SP 3.48 GAA (yes the Sharks were terrible).

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Goalie play can be volatile and Reimer brings at least quite a lot of experience. While I hold vastly different views about the Pride Night issue than him, I really appreciate that the Red Wings weren't bothered by political/ideological differences - setting some example for society.

Gruß,
BSHH

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Yeah he’s not homophobic just because he didn’t wear a pride jersey. Not at all. Stop conflating the two things, guys.

I mean, forget his homophobia, Islamophobia, general bigotry…. This POS made me side with Nazem Kadri :help:
I wonder if James is looking at Hamtramck's real estate, he must be awfully conflicted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Eh, whatever. He's a backup for a season.

I'm guessing the Wings won't even make a nameplate for his locker and just write it with a sharpie on some painter's tape.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I'm fine with the signing, I think he'll make a decent backup and be an upgrade to what we had in net last season.

As for the pride jersey, I wish he wore it, I'd wear it. With that said, I dont know his community, his family etc. I dont know the backlash (if any) he or his immediate family would receive if he wore it. I'm not in his shoes, so I'm not going to throw hatred on the guy like some people on social media have.

Again, its disappointing, but that's my take.

Reactions: OneMoreTry and BSHH

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I really appreciate that the Red Wings weren't bothered by political/ideological differences - setting some example for society.
Now, no one is going to change anyone’s mind on these topics on this forum, and I’m not trying to start an argument, but man. I’ll never understand this idea that tolerating the intolerant is somehow a good thing for society, or somehow setting a good example. Ending oppression has never come about by being tolerant of the oppressors.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm fine with the signing, I think he'll make a decent backup and be an upgrade to what we had in net last season.

As for the pride jersey, I wish he wore it, I'd wear it. With that said, I dont know his community, his family etc. I dont know the backlash (if any) he or his immediate family would receive if he wore it. I'm not in his shoes, so I'm not going to throw hatred on the guy like some people on social media have.

Again, its disappointing, but that's my take.
Problem with giving him that latitude is that the guy has been pretty outspoken in his beliefs. They are convictions that do not appear to be the least bit influenced by pressure from family or people around him. I’ll concede there may be some people in the bucket you are describing, but I don’t think James Reimer is one of them.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
While I do not want any narrow-minded idiots like Reimer playing for my team, I don't get why you even risk having discussions about it, if you are SY.

He could've just kept one of Ned/Helberg instead. And if he wanted to replace both of them under any circumstances, a guy like Raanta signed for the exact same contract Reimer got from us, for example..

Just a completely useless signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad