Post-Game Talk: Wings@Sens

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
:laugh: people taking shots at neil

Neil is the only one on this team with balls. Where is Smith? Greening? Methot? Cowen? Gryba? arent these the new 'young' players that everyone flaunts over that dont get enough icetime? All those guys should have done something. Neil is here to mentor now he isn't in his prime but he still is the only one who actually tries to make a difference physically on this team.

I have seen Neil jump into scrums for Karlsson countless times

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Rarely nowadays. I still wanna keep Neil, he is still somewhat valuable to us but Franzen was right in his assessment.

Neil comes at you from the front. Watch the stick work Franzen got away with during the game. Refereeing has become a farce. Some say let the players settle it but then he won't defend himself when a guy faces him. He ran away from Methot but he couldn't run from Neil so he ducked and waited for the refs to protect him. How can you respect quitters like Alfredsson and gutless weasels like that?

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Franzen thinks it’s preposterous for a fighter to challenge a skilled player.

“He thinks I’m not tough because I’m not fighting him; what does he have, like 30 fights a year? And he’s been doing that his whole career,†Franzen said. “I’ve never had a fight in my whole life.

“It’s like me asking him to get hockey sense and good hands or something. I’ve never been fighting, didn’t grow up fighting. For me it’s not a part of the game. I’m not going to fight. I’ve had enough concussions. I’m definitely not going to risk one doing something stupid like that.â€

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_johan_franzen_wont_b.html

I honestly think that's fair enough. I don't see why someone has to let someone assault them just b/c they're playing sports. Barbaric, silly leftover of another time.

Of course, that said, if you're not going to be accountable for your actions - you better not be a cheap shot pissant who deserves to be punched.

Franzen gets no high road, and no easy road, if he's going to pull garbage.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I honestly think that's fair enough. I don't see why someone has to let someone assault them just b/c they're playing sports. Barbaric, silly leftover of another time.

Of course, that said, if you're not going to be accountable for your actions - you better not be a cheap shot pissant who deserves to be punched.

Franzen gets no high road, and no easy road, if he's going to pull garbage.

Bingo. Franzen is one of the cheapest, dirtiest players in how he uses his stick and takes shots after the whistle. He wants to play dirty, then don't act all high and mighty when someone asks you to pay the price.

Franzen is a *****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad