GDT: Wings/sens 11/19

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
McIlrath should probably pay a visit to Borowieki. I don't care if they put an A on your jersey and the bizarre treatment he gets from Melynek and company. That was a play he shouldn't be able to make on another teams star player without getting his face caved in.

I didn't think the hit was that awful, but yeah. I'd love to see McIlrath do some enforcing.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Am I wrong in thinking he and Glendening were way too close for “the pass back and forth kind of thing” to be effective? Nilsson didn’t seem to really have to move his feet all that much.
I think everyone in the building knew that puck was going back to Nielsen. It was a very obvious when I watched it, and the goalie read it well as a result.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
The ole 2nd period fade strikes again. Man never seen a team have a chronic problem with a particular period in my life.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Am I wrong in thinking he and Glendening were way too close for “the pass back and forth kind of thing” to be effective? Nilsson didn’t seem to really have to move his feet all that much.

He opened up, he just didn't throw his hands up toward the bar. Like I said that is why I invoked bantam, that isn't really a detail you think of but certainly is drilled out that deep, really early for the elite players. When you're struggling things like that somehow go missing even on somebody who has been around as long as Nielsen. What Glendening didn't do well was hide that he was passing, but still that was pretty easy to bury if he gets any elevation.

Reactions: Winger98

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
McIlrath should probably pay a visit to Borowieki. I don't care if they put an A on your jersey and the bizarre treatment he gets from Melynek and company. That was a play he shouldn't be able to make on another teams star player without getting his face caved in.

McIlrath was jawing at him, but they haven't been near each other. Borowieki is exactly the kind of old skool thug I hate. Always chipping in with dirty hits and seems to have impunity to do so from the refs. the smallest of hooks or blocks and its *whistle*, where Borowieki is hacking and slashing and cross checking and late hitting and not a thing. League priorities wrong and caught between trying to make the game safer and being scared to piss off the old school rock em sock em hockey fraternity.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The ole 2nd period fade strikes again. Man never seen a team have a chronic problem with a particular period in my life.

The second is usually the one if there is a problem, because of the long change. There are also teams that are particularly putrid in OT. Coaches can also use matchups more favorably where a quick change might not be as great of an option.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Tkachuk took one look at him and moved along quickly!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
McIlrath was jawing at him, but they haven't been near each other. Borowieki is exactly the kind of old skool thug I hate. Always chipping in with dirty hits and seems to have impunity to do so from the refs. the smallest of hooks or blocks and its *whistle*, where Borowieki is hacking and slashing and cross checking and late hitting and not a thing. League priorities wrong and caught between trying to make the game safer and being scared to piss off the old school rock em sock em hockey fraternity.

I am probably a part of the Old school mentality if I am being honest...

I am curious if he drops them in the third, because the Wings players are going to know during the intermission what went down.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The team isn't particularly watchable with him.

I don't know, there are actually things I do enjoy about this team, but he is by far my favorite guy to watch. Even when they are getting crushed he is usually digging in which I appreciate it. I mean Bert and Hronek have a ton of piss and vinegar in their game too. But without Larkin I can see even more folding like cheap suit nights and I think a few guys would be more inclined to do it without him turning himself inside out shift after shift.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
Hopefully the Wings show what they're made of in the 3rd and hopefully what they're made of is something stronger than tissue paper. Can't let the Sens embarrass us in our own building and take a shot at our leader. Can't do it. Can't allow it. Play with some purpose. Stop being pansies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He's smooth and not slow, but has no explosiveness.

He needs to work on his agility and explosiveness. Once he gets going it looks good, but he doesn't start and stop as well as he is really going to need to. I think it has improved a tick since last year, but he needs to find more there.

He has had a really tough night.

Reactions: lomekian

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't know, there are actually things I do enjoy about this team, but he is by far my favorite guy to watch. Even when they are getting crushed he is usually digging in which I appreciate it. I mean Bert and Hronek have a ton of piss and vinegar in their game too. But without Larkin I can see even more folding like cheap suit nights and I think a few guys would be more inclined to do it without him turning himself inside out shift after shift.

I find the bottom6 (or8) forwards pretty hard to watch a lot of nights, and the blueline is...well, we have guys nominally called defensemen I guess. Larkin definitely helps make the team a bit more entertaining, or palatable I guess, but I find a lot of games pretty darn painful the majority of the time.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I find the bottom6 (or8) forwards pretty hard to watch a lot of nights, and the blueline is...well, we have guys nominally called defensemen I guess. Larkin definitely helps make the team a bit more entertaining, or palatable I guess, but I find a lot of games pretty darn painful the majority of the time.

It's a far cry from the Russian 5 or Datsyuk-Zetterberg.

Reactions: Winger98

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Took my mom to get hearing aids fitted, they were up 2-1. I took her shopping, it was 2-2. Drive home and it's 2-4? Evry time I drive home, they crap the bed. Maybe I should stop driving?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wait Helm is hurt?

I'm stunned lol

I assumed the down guy was Larkin until this tweet and then he finally rolled over the boards.

Not sure I would laugh at it. Helm does have an extensive history, but without knowing the injury laughing seems a bit much. I get it and I don't think you're wishing him ill will, but imagine they come out with like a skate cut or he did something to a knee... We don't really know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad