Post-Game Talk: Wings Ruin Alfie Day

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Newsflash, Anthony Mantha is really really good. Honestly one of the most underrated things about his play is that he's an excellent forechecker IMO.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Newsflash, Anthony Mantha is really really good. Honestly one of the most underrated things about his play is that he's an excellent forechecker IMO.

He really has been a bright spot, it's nice to believe power forwards still take time to develop too.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
He really has been a bright spot, it's nice to believe power forwards still take time to develop too.

It's pretty clear he learned a lot in the minors. He's a very polished player. Now he just needs NHL experience.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Be interesting to see who Blashill starts in the outdoor game. Not sure you can go back to Petr right now. Would be hilarious if Jared Coreau finds his way on national TV.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Yeah I dont personally see how hes managed to get to the position he is in. I am obviously missing a huge chunk of the picture but I dont think there is a single thing that I rate from Blashill.

Seems to be a product of being in the right place at the right time.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
AA has been weak lately. Kid needs to get like 100 times stronger on the puck. Take some lessons from Z on how to protect the puck. I believe he can figure it out but currently he's not earning icetime.

Mantha is our best player though, it's obvious.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Do you think game performance is the only thing coaches see? What if they're working with AA in practice about back checking and defensive responsibilities and he told them he didn't really see the point and didn't really think he needed to learn? Would you as a fan know about that? No, but you would see him be weak on a back check that leads to a goal and wonder why he got benched.

Not saying that's what happened or anything, I'm just saying there's probably a lot more to the story than we know.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I dislike Trashill.

I hope we keep losing, just so he gets canned. Then next year we can have alk of the kids AND a high pick!

And a more fimilar Nielsen and Vanek.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Do you think game performance is the only thing coaches see? What if they're working with AA in practice about back checking and defensive responsibilities and he told them he didn't really see the point and didn't really think he needed to learn? Would you as a fan know about that? No, but you would see him be weak on a back check that leads to a goal and wonder why he got benched.

Not saying that's what happened or anything, I'm just saying there's probably a lot more to the story than we know.

Honestly, I'd love to see what the Wings work on in practice.

They look like a pond hockey team.

As far as AA goes, he needs more playing time. With is style, he's a game breaker...and with this defense, nobody can make a mistake.

Let AA play his game. If he screws up on defense, let him, its a learning process.

It's not like AA is going to make this team miss the playoffs.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Nothing about AA's play, development or attitude suggests there's anything behind the scenes going on. If there was, chances are he'd be in GR or traded.

It's just Blash being overly hard on a young player. He's had the exact same way of handling most of our young players. Doesn't give them chance to learn from mistakes, which is generally the absolute worst way to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad