Confirmed with Link: Wings release Prospect Tourney Roster

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
"Oh then "they" would be wrong though the KHL probably is #2 so the SHL would likely fall to #4. Still a good league but light years from the NHL both in style of play and quality.
Simply google best hockey leagues in the world. SHL will be ranked 5th behind Liiga.
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
NL
DEL
Extraliga
ECHL
Metal Ligaen
Mestis
DEL 2
VHL
ICEHL
Alps Hockey League
Asia League
EIHL
Ligus Magnus
IHL Elite
AIHL
LNAH
IEHL
CIHL HK
FPHL
Suomi-sarja
BeNeLiga
Erste Liga
Latvia
Latvia2
Kazakhstan
Korea College
HockeyAllsvenskan
SHL

you forgot a few

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Don't know how you use google, but for me the search results are completely different:
https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-best-ice-hockey-leagues/
I didn't use confirmation bias. I took the "sources around the web" result right at the top of the page of the search results. More concensus than cherry picked confirmation biased result.
In any case I'm surenSeider will win the Norris and the Calder. Probably even the Conn Smyth and the Hart. You know he dominated the SHL!!!!

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
I mean, he'll also be playing against Max McCormick, Devin Shore, Carl Gunnarsson, Chris Wagner, Cody Eakin, Derek Grant, Martin Frk, etc. There are a lot more crappy players than Connor McDavids.
And they're almost all better than SHL players.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I didn't use confirmation bias. I took the "sources around the web" result right at the top of the page of the search results. More concensus than cherry picked confirmation biased result.
In any case I'm surenSeider will win the Norris and the Calder. Probably even the Conn Smyth and the Hart. You know he dominated the SHL!!!!
You can add reading comprehension to the list of things you didn't use. That's just a list of hockey leagues and not a ranking. Oh, and SHL is listed before Liga on my result. Get back under your bridge.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kids going to be extremely busy next couple of weeks. Hope one or two of them making team from start of the season. Between Veleno, Raymond, Bergreen and Pearson. Larkin did it before

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You can add reading comprehension to the list of things you didn't use. That's just a list of hockey leagues and not a ranking. Oh, and SHL is listed before Liga on my result. Get back under your bridge.
Dude legit probably used an alphabetical list of leagues as his source lol.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Yup. Just a list. By default, Google lists results based on which ones are searched the most, but you can always buy your way up the search results chain. Either way, that list has no relation to the quality of the leagues.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The KHL still has the highest salaries outside of the NHL, though they implemented a salary cap last season. There's no other league where a player can make $1M+.

Given the cap situation, I doubt you'll see any Russian players threaten to stay in the KHL in the near future.

I presume, you did know that Matvei Michkov (2023 draftee, maybe most talented Russian ever) is already signed until 2026.

They are hitting against NHL ELC salaries, because they know KHL salaries can compete against them.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Atta Boy! Now you're talking sense!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I presume, you did know that Matvei Michkov (2023 draftee, maybe most talented Russian ever) is already signed until 2026.

They are hitting against NHL ELC salaries, because they know KHL salaries can compete against them.
No, I did not.

It doesn't help him as far as ELC because he has to sign an ELC even at age 22 when his contract expires. It's for 2 years instead of 3. He most likely did it because he wanted to earn money now, not to avoid an ELC.

He should have signed a shorter contract, 3 years. This will probably cost him $20M+ in career earnings, assuming he makes elite money in the range of $10M once his ELC is done.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I have a precious few number of f***s to give and they are all invested in watching our big boy goalie rattle all the skaters.
Yeah he's the player I'm definitely most excited to see. There's nothing less exciting than using a high pick on a goalie but once they are in the fold there's few things more exciting than seeing how a young hot shot goalie turns out while day dreaming about the next Hasek or Sawchuck.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah he's the player I'm definitely most excited to see. There's nothing less exciting than using a high pick on a goalie but once they are in the fold there's few things more exciting than seeing how a young hot shot goalie turns out while day dreaming about the next Hasek or Sawchuck.

I was a vocal Wallstedt guy, very cerebral positioning, but Cossa has all the tools to be a bigger Luongo. And there's few guys that kept his teams in more games than Luongo did during his tenure.

Cossa's raw athletic ability in that frame are everything you could want in a modern NHL goalie. If he's strong between the ears, he's going to be exceptional. It's hard not to get excited about that.

Reactions: lilidk and golffuul

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
A little surprised Seider isn't there.
Kind of surprised Veleno is there.
Big year starts soon for Veleno, Berggren and McIsaac.
No way Seider goes without Leddy there to mentor him.
Maybe they send Leddy anyways just to squeeze all the value they can out of that second.
No Petruzzelli? Who gives a f***?

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad