Confirmed with Link: Wings release Prospect Tourney Roster

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No I don't remember that. I'm confident Seider is an NHL player. We'll see in 2-3 years if he's a #1 or a 2nd pairing guy.
I’m not claiming Seider isn’t an NHL player. I’m not confident of your assessment that the SHL resides between AHL and juniors. There isn’t any evidence that supports this and most metrics like NHLe claim the opposite. Further, Yzerman did talk highly of the SHL as a development league in offseason last year when sending guys like Seider/Veleno over there.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
One take on Seider: they expect him to play big minutes for a full NHL season so they are not going to put additional wear and tear on him for a prospect tournament. Based on nothing but idle conjecture. As far as the guys I am most looking forward to hearing updates on, that would be Raymond and Berggren. Based on the Tampa model we can expect a lineup that is built around skilled, quick forwards and big, quick defensemen. Berggren, Raymond and Seider help get us much closer to the core we compete for Cups with. So if Bergreen and Raymond dominate that is a great sign for the rebuild.

Pretty much this first part. They are genuinely counting on him to contribute this season and they don't want to assume any unnecessary risks of injury at this point. Personally I think it is sound player management by the organization.

Reactions: golffuul

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Do you just mean that the larger rink, greater commitment to defensive play, and less physicality make accomplishments in the SHL irrelevant? That's a pretty weak stance. Obviously everyone knows that there's differences between any two leagues in the world. We also know that the NHL is the best league in the world and by a fair margin. So of course, until a player performs at the NHL level, you can't say for certain how well their skills will translate. Even after they play for a couple of years in the NHL they'll still be adapting to the league and the league to them. Great. We all know that.

As far as league quality goes there's some debate but for me it's the NHL in a tier of its own and the KHL, SHL and AHL in the next tier (in that order personally but it's debatable).

It's pretty silly to completely discount performances in non-NHL/AHL leagues as uninformative just because of the style and skill differences. We're forecasting. Nothing is certain. We can't even be certain that Dylan Larkin is an NHL quality player next year. It's very likely because he has been in the past and there's no reason his game should go completely off a cliff, but it's still just a prediction with strong evidence. Seider's performance in the SHL and AHL over the last two years are really good evidence that he'll perform well at the NHL level. Very few players have dominated those leagues like he has at his age. Veleno's five games at the NHL level and decent performance in the AHL are also evidence that he'll perform well at the NHL level, but much less strong IMO. You can take the contrary opinion to that, but your argument is very unconvincing. Certainly some players have trouble adapting to the smaller ice surface and increased physicality of the NHL level... But Seider has thrived under those conditions before. Now will it take him some time to adapt to the higher skill level? I'm sure. How long it will take him and how much he'll struggle are anyone's guess, but based on everything we've seen from him so far, we have every reason to believe he'll be quite good, quite fast.
I'm suggesting that comparing a players stats between respective leagues is not a reasonable weighing of evidence because of the reasons you mention. I also contend that the AHL is a better development league for the NHL because the smaller ice surface and quicker pace and North American playing style are more similar to the NHL.
Seider is a fine player. He's been handed an NHL roster spot before camp has even begun. Whether he becomes a #1 or a #4 at the NHL level remains to be seen.
Veleno and Berggren have to hope a bunch of plugs get hurt regardless of their camp performances.
Berggren in particular was pretty dominant in Europe as well but he'll be "earning" his roster spot.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Who is they?
"They". Referring to the person you were talking to. Pavels Dog.

You (The Oaf) said he (Pavels Dog) was agreeing with you by calling the SHL the 3rd best league in the world.

Seems like you just assumed that meant the AHL was the 2nd best, but they (Pavels Dog) seemed to mean that they were ranked 1. NHL 2. KHL 3. SHL

Reactions: David D and Ezekial

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
"They". Referring to the person you were talking to. Pavels Dog.

You (The Oaf) said he (Pavels Dog) was agreeing with you by calling the SHL the 3rd best league in the world.

Seems like you just assumed that meant the AHL was the 2nd best, but they (Pavels Dog) seemed to mean that they were ranked 1. NHL 2. KHL 3. SHL
Oh then "they" would be wrong though the KHL probably is #2 so the SHL would likely fall to #4. Still a good league but light years from the NHL both in style of play and quality.
Simply google best hockey leagues in the world. SHL will be ranked 5th behind Liiga.
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

I know people want to believe that Seider was the greatest of the great but that was not the case. He was one of the best of the pretty good.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When I first read the title, I was a little bit shocked and thought to myself: "Who's Tourney Roster? And what did he do to get released?"

Gruß
BSHH

He was good, but then he gained 4500 lbs and he couldn't skate anymore.

Reactions: BSHH

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Oh then "they" would be wrong though the KHL probably is #2 so the SHL would likely fall to #4. Still a good league but light years from the NHL both in style of play and quality.
Simply google best hockey leagues in the world. SHL will be ranked 5th behind Liiga.
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

I know people want to believe that Seider was the greatest of the great but that was not the case. He was one of the best of the pretty good.
I googled it. Here are links from the front page results with clear rankings and aren't just HFBoards/Reddit threads

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-best-ice-hockey-leagues/
What Are the Best Hockey Leagues in the World? | Pure Hockey
Ranking the Top Ten Hockey Leagues

LucaBrasil

Mar 20, 2016
Hamburg
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

Don't know how you use google, but for me the search results are completely different:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The stats are irrelevant because of the style of hockey not the quality of hockey. If you knew anything about the SHL you would know this obvious fact.

"3rd best league in the world"
You literally just posted that I am correct while trying pitifully to argue the contrary.
Seider beat up on a league that is inferior to the AHL. Great. He should. Let's see how he does in a league with Connor McDavid.
I mean, he'll also be playing against Max McCormick, Devin Shore, Carl Gunnarsson, Chris Wagner, Cody Eakin, Derek Grant, Martin Frk, etc. There are a lot more crappy players than Connor McDavids.

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north
"Oh then "they" would be wrong though the KHL probably is #2 so the SHL would likely fall to #4. Still a good league but light years from the NHL both in style of play and quality.
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

The Oaf, Today at 9:16 PM Report Bookmark
85 Like − Quote Reply"

I will write this and then put you on ignore. I have not put your earlier username/s on ignore (I have never put anyone on ignore before, anywhere, so you can always be proud of that), but you are such a broken record and full of nothing. I am not talking about your opinions, like the one I am quoting above, it is due more to how you interact and how you use all the classic trolling tools, maybe it is due to your toolish nature, what do I know. I feel mostly pity for you, either you can not listen or you can not simply understand, or, you are going full Pejorative Slur with the trolling which also deserves pity. My opinion is that Pavels Dog knows more about the SHL than you will ever know (unless you rewatch about 15 - 20 years of SHL hockey).

As for your quoted opinion above:

https://www.prohockeyeurope.com/en/world-league-analysis

You see, this is how you do if you want to argue your belief/stance and hope that someone listens to you. All you do is to crap all over the place with your opinion, which is moronic bs most of the time (my opinion on your opinion) and you have the gall to ask for "proof" or similar things from people that actually argue and communicate their reasoning, when you yourself basically always just paint your brown opinion or in general brushstrokes like "simply google it". Really?

And for Seider being, greatest of the great? No one thinks that, you are the first I see mention it. Stop projecting your muddled mind on to others. Most of the people on this board believe Seider will be really good or even great, but the guy has hardly began his professional career.

Bye and see you when you have driven your current username into perpetual silence.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
NHL
KHL
AHL
Liiga
SHL

Liiga over SHL? LOL.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
My real question is why do most people consider the KHL the 2nd best league by default. I mean it sure was in the early 2000- 2015s, when Russia was pumping out some elite talent, young guys were staying longer, and they were throwing enough cash around to garner older NHL talent, but I don't really feel like that is the case anymore.

I mean the born 1995 and on talent (so NHL talent in their early 20s)

Pavel Buchnevich
Ivan Provorov (No KHL)
Andrew Svechnikov (No KHL)
Mikhail Sergachyov (1 season MHL, no KHL)
Valeri Nichushkin
Ivan Barbashev (1 MHL no KHL)
Nikita Zadorov (1 MHL no KHL)
Denis Guryanov
Karil Kaprizov
Andrei Vasilevski
Alexander Romanov

Really the only star level players that developed in the KHL are Vasilevski and Kaprizov. Now this obviously might improve with the recent drafts but I don't really find it that impressive. A lot of recent KHL superstar transfers have also failed to stick in the NHL as well.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My real question is why do most people consider the KHL the 2nd best league by default. I mean it sure was in the early 2000- 2015s, when Russia was pumping out some elite talent, young guys were staying longer, and they were throwing enough cash around to garner older NHL talent, but I don't really feel like that is the case anymore.

I mean the born 1995 and on talent (so NHL talent in their early 20s)

Pavel Buchnevich
Ivan Provorov (No KHL)
Andrew Svechnikov (No KHL)
Mikhail Sergachyov (1 season MHL, no KHL)
Valeri Nichushkin
Ivan Barbashev (1 MHL no KHL)
Nikita Zadorov (1 MHL no KHL)
Denis Guryanov
Karil Kaprizov
Andrei Vasilevski
Alexander Romanov

Really the only star level players that developed in the KHL are Vasilevski and Kaprizov. Now this obviously might improve with the recent drafts but I don't really find it that impressive. A lot of recent KHL superstar transfers have also failed to stick in the NHL as well.
The KHL still has the highest salaries outside of the NHL, though they implemented a salary cap last season. There's no other league where a player can make $1M+.

Given the cap situation, I doubt you'll see any Russian players threaten to stay in the KHL in the near future.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Who are you guys most excited to see play?

I know I'll be hyped to get our first Cossa preview.

i'm excited to see if Tyutyayev actually exists or if they pull him at the last minute for suspicious reasons

other than that probably Raymond

Reactions: David D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad