Confirmed with Link: Wings release Prospect Tourney Roster

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Hopefully these games are streamed/televised. Also hoping Raymond and Berggren very quickly adapt to the smaller ice and Veleno looks like a man amongst boys out there. I wish Berggren picked another number, #52 has given me enough nightmares. I know Smith has 48 but come on man.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Undrafted invites:

RW Cameron Butler, 6'4, Right
Cameron Butler at eliteprospects.com

RW Davis Codd, 5'9, Right
Davis Codd at eliteprospects.com

C Cooper Walker, 5'9, Right
Cooper Walker at eliteprospects.com

LW Luke Toporowski, 5'11, Left
Luke Toporowski at eliteprospects.com

RD Mason Ward, 6'5, Right (his father was tough sob)
Mason Ward at eliteprospects.com

LD Adam Brubacher, 6'4, Left
Adam Brubacher at eliteprospects.com

Brubacher older 25-year-old guy, late bloomer from NCAA.

Most probable positions:

C Veleno
C Pearson
(maybe Tyuyayev as center?)
C Verbeek
*C Walker

RW Raymond
RW Curry
*RW Butler
*RW Codd

LW Berggren
LW Tyutyayev
LW Hanas
LW Zito
*LW Toporowski

LD McIsaac
LD Sebrango
*LD Brubacher

RD Cotton
RD Newpower
RD Plandowski
*RD Ward

G Cossa
G Brattström
G Bednar

Last edited:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Not surprised to see Veleno here, as it does nothing but help his conditioning and help prove that he's moved on or not from this level. Seider, obviously, has nothing to prove at this level. Not a surprise there.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
A little surprised Seider isn't there.
Kind of surprised Veleno is there.
Big year starts soon for Veleno, Berggren and McIsaac.
So much for earning a roster spot eh? Veleno plays well in a 5 game NHL stint. Back to GR.
Seider dominates a junior league. Welcome to the big time kid!

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Seider dominated the 3rd best league in the world, not a junior league
It falls between juniors and AHL. The chasm between the SHL and the NHL is massive. That said I'm not suggesting Seider isn't good or isn't ready but I think those expecting him to step right in and dominate at the NHL level are in for a rude awakening. He's gonna need a couple hundred games to find if he's a #1 or a #4. Any decent NHL defenseman could look like a star in the SHL especially if they're big.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
They're probably thinking NHL-ready Seider is going to toy with prospect tournament level players. Or physically injure them. He can throw AHL tough guys around. He's going to pop an underdeveloped 18 year old kid's head clean off his shoulders if he hits at full force.
Actual footage of fans watching Seider checking prospects:

ice-cube-chris-tucker.gif

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why are you a little surprised that Seider isn't there? And surprised Veleno is? Seider is on the Wings roster from day 1. Veleno maybe not.

Well, I think you're probably right on the roster speculation. But I don't think that's guaranteed and Yzerman has said has much as recently as three days ago.
I say this because this is Veleno's D+4 year and Seider's D+3 year. And Seider's only played one of these tournaments.
Veleno's played in this tournament twice and has 9 goals and 7 assists in 8 games.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
So much for earning a roster spot eh? Veleno plays well in a 5 game NHL stint. Back to GR.
Seider dominates a junior league. Welcome to the big time kid!

Oh piss off.

Seider was markedly better than Veleno in Grand Rapids in 2019-20, and markedly better in the “junior league” in 2020-21

I’m one of the bigger Veleno truthers on our board, and even I think this is the most blatant example of trolling and shitting on a prospect just because. Seider was more NHL ready in the middle of 2019-20 than Veleno will be at the start of 2021-22.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Veleno is probably going because they want a few "vets" around to help the new faces. I wouldn't read into anything by his inclusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad