HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
New lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary
Alfedsson-Weiss-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Cleary
Miller-Emmerton-Abdelkader

Helm on IR, Tootoo and Eaves waived, Nyquist in GR. Sammy, who gives a ****, and Tatar helps Gustavsson keep track of faceoffs while watching Cleary and Abdelkader get laughable amounts of ice time.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Given the series of very bad decisions over the past 3 yrs, this is the best one. :)

As I said earlier, Cleary has a lot of things going over some other guys with contracts right now, so yes, it would have been disappointing to lose him while keeping the other.... has-beens.

That said, I would guarantee that Sammy was a Babcock preference as well. He loved that guy, thought he was a great point guy on the PP. :facepalm:

Ultimately it is on Holland to tell Babcock to go pound sand. But for the Babcock lovers to pin this directly on Holland is a little rich, he is not guilt free in this and is likely doing a stupid celebration on this news.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Why couldn't they had done that last year with Tootoo and Samuelsson...and keep Eaves, Miller and Bertuzzi for multiple years...instead, they're hamstrung with too many veterans. I'm so worried that young bucks are going to get squeezed out again even though we know how good they were for them last year.

The only way I'm okay with Cleary coming back is that its not at the expense of Nyquist and Tatar getting a spot in the lineup. If they're sitting Sammy, Tootoo or Bert...that's the less or two evils.

Tootoo, I think, just found his ticket out of Detroit. I don't see him sticking around.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not terrible if he was only going to play 4th line minutes but with Babcock behind the bench we all know that ain't going to happen. He's probably going to start on the third line and be the first replacement if a top 6er goes down instead of guys like Nyquist and Tatar :facepalm:
Watching a whole year of Cleary taking up valuable minutes by falling down and taking penalties will be the death of my liver.
Go Griffins!

I love the RED WINGS. This breaks my heart and ruins everything.

nickyno72

Mar 27, 2013
Alright boys, when this offseason has passed what will be the biggest blunder: drafting Tyler Bertuzzi with a second rounder or giving Danny Cleary a second chance?

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
If this means we are forced to somehow move or buyout Samuelsson, it's not all that bad. The most likely option is Gus back on the bus though.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. This move pretty much guarantees that we will have to carry that 2M cap hit from Alfredsson to next year & that Nyquist will be in the AHL.

Our cap is currently 69.7M & we now have 3 forwards to cut. We know that Sammy & Bert won't be sent down because they would only move 100k off the cap, we can't send Emmerton down as Helm isn't ready to go yet. That leaves us with Eaves, Tootoo & Nyquist that would make "sense" to be sent down. The only other thing that I could see is that Helm or Samuelsson/Bertuzzi will be on the IR to start the year meaning we gain their cap hit which pushes us back down to around 67.6M. Then by waiving Eaves & Tootoo we're around 65.7M & moving Alfredsson's 2M to next year means we're sitting below the cap.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Alright boys, when this offseason has passed what will be the biggest blunder: drafting Tyler Bertuzzi with a second rounder or giving Danny Cleary a second chance?

Cleary. Bertuzzi could actually transform into a 3rd line guy who is a great agitator and could be worthy of that pick (one day). Cleary isn't anywhere near close to what he's getting.

crashman

Who gets the #11? Cleary keep it or does Alfredsson get it now?

That's gonna be interesting. I think Alfie should get it. Cleary loses all seniority after these shenanigans he pulled with Philly. I think it was a big front to get more money from the Wings.

"The other offers I got are a lot better!"...what a jackass.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
New lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary
Alfedsson-Weiss-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Cleary
Miller-Emmerton-Abdelkader

Helm on IR, Tootoo and Eaves waived, Nyquist in GR. Sammy, who gives a ****, and Tatar helps Gustavsson keep track of faceoffs while watching Cleary and Abdelkader get laughable amounts of ice time.

Look in all seriousness I have a real bad heart condition. The last five days have been 100% enjoyable and quite entertaining. Some of the things people have said have made me lose all my oxygen from laughing so hard. I dont know if this is a mixture of regret and laughter or what.

Honestly in scope of things 1 years at 1.75 is not bad. Yet if he gets these line duties I might go insane:) Even though laughed so hard couldnt see:)

Lets hope for a trade or two cause the kids need their chance. They proved both in ahl and detroit they can play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The fact we hire every X-Wing probably also bit us in the *** on this one. He turned down basically six million more dollars to do this if you believe the Flyers figures. St. James must be so excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad