Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
I get the joke but c'mon, really now. Barch is a good 4th line tough guy and is pretty good getting that puck up ice. I would be proud to pass the puck to Barch as soon as I can remember how to skate.

And it's KRYS Barch mofo.

Thanks for spelling lesson. Now can you explain mofo for us all?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Thanks for spelling lesson. Now can you explain mofo for us all?

sam-jackson.jpg

Taking the time to spell a persons name properly should be standard procedure for most people, message board or not.

Last edited:

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
sam-jackson.jpg

Taking the time to spell a persons name properly should be standard procedure for most people, message board or not.

You're right! I realized my goof about an hour after writing and was too lazy to go back and change. Won't be sucked into exchanging insults from behind my computer either. Regards

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I'm sure there is a Shawn Matthias thread you can search on this board that discusses ad nauseam why he belongs on the 3rd/4th line, but here is the short of it. Matthias' line-mates are irrelevant. He does everything himself. He's had plenty of chances.

It sounds like you're in the "bargaining" step of the grieving process. The closer you get to "acceptance" of who Matthias is as a player, the happier you'll be watching him on this team. I was there once too, man, and it's OK. Danger is a great bottom six player and can be a pleasure to watch carrying the puck, goal to goal, lightning quick.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah right now we get maybe a 7th rounder for him. Dont discount the value of that pick...they are often included in bigger trades for whatever reason. And we've drafted 2 decent depth d-men in the last 2 yrs with 7th rounders. NO ONE should be impacting us much at all if he's playing 8-10 mins per night which is what that 4th line role is basically the equivalent of so whats the harm in playing Gomez so we can actually get value for him.

We're currently at less than a 1% chance of making the playoffs....that's a 1 in 100 chance. We need to maximize our trade-able assets as much as possible instead of stressing about which guy is gonna give us the best chance to win on our 4th line.

At this stage of the season, it's more important to try to win and show players that the best get to play. we're trying to build a culture of winning and passion for playing, not an EA Sports franchise. the intangibles in hockey matter a lot more than I think you give them credit for.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@apoupartFins: #FlaPanthers lines at morning skate: Flash-Bjugstad-Huby, Bergy-Barkov-Boyes, Matthias-Goc-Kopecky, Barch-Shore-Hayes.

Lines for tonight, expect Thomas in net.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@apoupartFins: #FlaPanthers lines at morning skate: Flash-Bjugstad-Huby, Bergy-Barkov-Boyes, Matthias-Goc-Kopecky, Barch-Shore-Hayes.

Lines for tonight, expect Thomas in net.

GR tweets Clem off the ice first, Thomas likely in against the Habs.

Hoping Shore brings a little something, even if it is only 4th line minutes.

-ghoste

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
I feel like Horachek is tempting fate with Clemm.

At the same time Thomas will be behind the more tired team vs MTL tomm. So I can see the logic behind it.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
@hfialkov: Clemmerin.Gomez in #flapanthers

Drunk Harv reports in. Makes sense, no need for Barch v Wings.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
So after a week away on Christmas holidays I find out that the team got blown out by the Lightning 6-1, Upshall and Guddy are injured (wtf?) and that Z is back with the Wings in a pretty much must win game for us after two losses in a row. What's there not to like?

1209.gif

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
So after a week away on Christmas holidays I find out that the team got blown out by the Lightning 6-1, Upshall and Guddy are injured (wtf?) and that Z is back with the Wings in a pretty much must win game for us after two losses in a row. What's there not to like?

1209.gif

Picked a helluva time to stop drinking.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
You're right! I realized my goof about an hour after writing and was too lazy to go back and change. Won't be sucked into exchanging insults from behind my computer either. Regards

I was joking around with the mofo part, my poor humour doesn't translate well on the interweb sometimes. Didn't mean to offend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce