Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I made the pgt vs the Leafs and that worked out... maybe I'll go 2 for 2? Thomas is back and with Petrovic being returned I'm guessing Mottau is back unless Petrovic was only returned since the Panthers had a week off?

EDIT: If Petrovic isn't playing, it sounds like Whitney or Gilroy will be called up per GR. Uh-Oh

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I really hope Thomas only plays one of the games this weekend, I think it's been proven at this point he can't go on back to backs

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Thomas was activated, so I'm pretty sure we'll see him vs DET and Clemm vs MTL.

I hope Petro is back, no more Mottau if we can help it.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Will Team Dineen or Team Horachek be playing? That's the question

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I know we should all forget the last game, but the team should really watch some of that video. Some of those plays were freaking horrendous. We played right into TB's quick-rush style and ignored our muck-grinding board play. Made our size/strength completely and utterly useless.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Didn't we just beat them twice? Id imagine this will be a very tough game. The time to make up ground is now though. I like this crucible our kids are going through. This is what will turn them into champions one day.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Will Team Dineen or Team Horachek be playing? That's the question

Wow dude thats harsh.

"Team Dineen" got to the playoffs for lst lst time in over a decade.

"Team Dineen" did this in his lst year as a NHL coach.

'Team Dineen' didn't have Thomas for most of the dozen games he coached this yr, a luxury "Team Horachek" did.

So lets be nice, and all root for "Team Horachek" to stop these last 2 consecutive blowouts from becoming 3.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Wow dude thats harsh.

"Team Dineen" got to the playoffs for lst lst time in over a decade.

"Team Dineen" did this in his lst year as a NHL coach.

'Team Dineen' didn't have Thomas for most of the dozen games he coached this yr, a luxury "Team Horachek" did.

So lets be nice, and all root for "Team Horachek" to stop these last 2 consecutive blowouts from becoming 3.

Maybe I should have put in Team Dineen era 2012-2013 but I assumed all would understand what I meant by Team Dineen the lackluster effort we've showed under him last and this season

NyquistIsMyGod*

I'm pretty sure Zetterberg, Abdelkader and Helm are all expected to return Saturday. Probably won't have legs under them though. Ericsson is out though.

Also, Florida is completely lucky. Weiss it out until March. ;)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Letting him go aint looking so bad so far this season.

You have to think they knew Weisser would never be the same again with his injuries and that they would never end. Only reason I see why we didn't offer him a contract

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
You have to think they knew Weisser would never be the same again with his injuries and that they would never end. Only reason I see why we didn't offer him a contract

It is very possible. But you also would think Detroit wouldn't commit 5 mil a year without doing due diligence as far as physicals go. But who knows.

NyquistIsMyGod*

It is very possible. But you also would think Detroit wouldn't commit 5 mil a year without doing due diligence as far as physicals go. But who knows.

Many of us were happy about the signing, including myself. We all were hoping he'd bounce back. We lost Val Filppula, and on paper Stephen Weiss was the best centre left as Mikhail Grabovski was coming off a horrible season. With this free agency being the worst in like ten years, he made quite a bit. I think St. Louis was offering the same.

He just had hernia surgery, and has been going through it all season. What we're hoping is that that's why he's struggling. He is honestly a liability. I think he's done though. A heel injury and wrist surgery is big. Such a shame. It happens I suppose.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Many of us were happy about the signing, including myself. We all were hoping he'd bounce back. We lost Val Filppula, and on paper Stephen Weiss was the best centre left as Mikhail Grabovski was coming off a horrible season. With this free agency being the worst in like ten years, he made quite a bit. I think St. Louis was offering the same.

He just had hernia surgery, and has been going through it all season. What we're hoping is that that's why he's struggling. He is honestly a liability. I think he's done though. A heel injury and wrist surgery is big. Such a shame. It happens I suppose.

Weiss was horrible last season in the game he played. I mean just plain out horrible. He's had a nagging groin injury for years and his wrists are always hurting even after surgeries.

This is also coming from one of Weiss biggest fans / supporters

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
So 24/7 Wings Leafs and Panthers continues XD

Let's go for the 24/7 Red Wings sweep!

sweep-the-leg.jpg

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Part of what made Weiss good was his ability to take hits and his aggressive boardwork. He's not a true, skilled playmaker or a sniper. Weiss is a two-way, cross between a grinder and a playmaking center. Everything is just going against him right now. The wrist surgeries have decimated the effectiveness of his hands and shot. Also, the groin and the shoulder issues have hindered his ability to sustain a good forecheck or backcheck.

We saw this last season. I think Dale absolutely made the right decision to not offer him a deal when many including myself wanted him to stay. Fact is, the league is evolving and Weiss's role in the NHL is diminishing. He was never a number-one center, more like a solid number-two. Now, I think he's best suited as a 3rd-line center. Nothing more.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Part of what made Weiss good was his ability to take hits and his aggressive boardwork. He's not a true, skilled playmaker or a sniper. Weiss is a two-way, cross between a grinder and a playmaking center. Everything is just going against him right now. The wrist surgeries have decimated the effectiveness of his hands and shot. Also, the groin and the shoulder issues have hindered his ability to sustain a good forecheck or backcheck.

We saw this last season. I think Dale absolutely made the right decision to not offer him a deal when many including myself wanted him to stay. Fact is, the league is evolving and Weiss's role in the NHL is diminishing. He was never a number-one center, more like a solid number-two. Now, I think he's best suited as a 3rd-line center. Nothing more.

It's shocking to think a team like Detroit would make a mistake that big. We know his potential but the injuries are catching up to him. I can't imagine him not being able to regain form, especially there, so we'll see. If not, that's a very costly mistake.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's shocking to think a team like Detroit would make a mistake that big. We know his potential but the injuries are catching up to him. I can't imagine him not being able to regain form, especially there, so we'll see. If not, that's a very costly mistake.

That's risk with free agency. Holland is a great GM and rarely makes mistakes, but so far the Weiss signing has been a disaster for them. I hope Weiss turns his season around and plays better for them, but I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad