Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

difcog

Oct 24, 2013
Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers
#FlaPanthers Recall D Alex Petrovic and F @Drew_Shore15 from #SaRampage Both will practice with the team this afternoon.

Good :)

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
detroits GM isnt that good. he still works with what was left over and his signings are terrible

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@FlaPanthers: #FlaPanthers ROSTER MOVES: @Guddy44 has been placed on IR, Tim Thomas has been activated.

I'd wager Thomas starts tomm.

CoolburnIsGone

I dont quite understand calling up Shore right now. Why not just play Gomez on the 4th line? I swear we should just play him so we can get better value for him at the deadline at this point. He obviously isnt critical to our success and it cant hurt us to play him 10 mins/night.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
He should be promoted to the 3rd and that's it. He's not that good of a hockey player. He's good at what he does.

I don't know, I'm a big Matthias fan and still don't feel that he has ever truly been given full opportunity by Florida. I have been advocating for a while that Shore should be brought up and Matthias should be moved up on the wing. Still do not believe that third line is his limit. I watched him on a shift with Barkov the other night and the two of them cycled the puck really nicely there for a bit. Just saying, I have never really bought into Upshall, Boyes and even Flash this year being overly deserving of their top six minutes. Definitely perhaps while Upshall was on his tear it was deserved but it seems reality has returned. And Gomez on the team holding back someone like Shore just bugs the @#!@ right out of me. I like the idea of Matthias' skating ability and size on a line with Barkov and or Bjugstad. You're right though I do think he is very good at what he does and perhaps it has held him back some; you know the old bottom six top six mentality.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I dont quite understand calling up Shore right now. Why not just play Gomez on the 4th line? I swear we should just play him so we can get better value for him at the deadline at this point. He obviously isnt critical to our success and it cant hurt us to play him 10 mins/night.

Because Shore >> Gomez, he gives us a better chance to win. No amount of showcasing Gomez is going to make him more desirable. Teams are well aware of what you get with him now. He's shown nothing lately to prove he deserves ice time.

CoolburnIsGone

Because Shore >> Gomez, he gives us a better chance to win. No amount of showcasing Gomez is going to make him more desirable. Teams are well aware of what you get with him now. He's shown nothing lately to prove he deserves ice time.
I dunno, some teams still value that leadership for the playoffs. Obviously we wont be interested in keeping him around so why not showcase him to at least get a late round pick. Heck, someone traded a pick for Parros that I think someone would trade us a pick for Gomez no matter how he's playing, just so long as he's in the lineup.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I dunno, some teams still value that leadership for the playoffs. Obviously we wont be interested in keeping him around so why not showcase him to at least get a late round pick. Heck, someone traded a pick for Parros that I think someone would trade us a pick for Gomez no matter how he's playing, just so long as he's in the lineup.

Gomez has no value, imo. What could we get for him? A late round pick if we're lucky? Meh, we have enough. I care a lot more about putting this team in the best position to win a game which means someone better than Gomez needs to be in the lineup.

CoolburnIsGone

Gomez has no value, imo. What could we get for him? A late round pick if we're lucky? Meh, we have enough. I care a lot more about putting this team in the best position to win a game which means someone better than Gomez needs to be in the lineup.
Yeah right now we get maybe a 7th rounder for him. Dont discount the value of that pick...they are often included in bigger trades for whatever reason. And we've drafted 2 decent depth d-men in the last 2 yrs with 7th rounders. NO ONE should be impacting us much at all if he's playing 8-10 mins per night which is what that 4th line role is basically the equivalent of so whats the harm in playing Gomez so we can actually get value for him.

We're currently at less than a 1% chance of making the playoffs....that's a 1 in 100 chance. We need to maximize our trade-able assets as much as possible instead of stressing about which guy is gonna give us the best chance to win on our 4th line.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm 100% Shore will score a goal in this game. Classic Panthers

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
The issue with mathias on the top two lines is that his game requires him never to pass... watch him.. i swear once in the zone he doesn't pass much... I love this about him on the bottom 6.. hate it in the top 6

Panthers607

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer

Looks like Zetterberg is back for #RedWings. Sheahan told he's not making trip to Florida.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
The issue with mathias on the top two lines is that his game requires him never to pass... watch him.. i swear once in the zone he doesn't pass much... I love this about him on the bottom 6.. hate it in the top 6

Would you pass the puck to Chris Barch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce