Confirmed with Link: Wings out of the bidding for Lecavalier, according to Khan (post #743)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
isn't he deeply rooted in tampa bay family, charity organization, etc...? I see it being a tough sell to have him move to detroit.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Imagine if Detroit bought our their Captain who has served for what 13 years and played for 15?

Cojones...Balls :yo:

7.7m a year until 2020, he would've been owed 30 million in the next 3 seasons. This was a no-brainer considering his production has gone from 70, to 54, to 49. His year this season was pretty good and looked like a resurgence, but good god, 30 million. Z at least is still extremely productive even though now those lifetime deals look crappy.

What happened to Vinny, was it injuries? I honestly can't remember.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
7.7m a year until 2020, he would've been owed 30 million in the next 3 seasons. This was a no-brainer considering his production has gone from 70, to 54, to 49. His year this season was pretty good and looked like a resurgence, but good god, 30 million. Z at least is still extremely productive even though now those lifetime deals look crappy.

What happened to Vinny, was it injuries? I honestly can't remember.
Injuries has taken its toll, but he was a 1st overall pick in 98 and played right from the get go, 15 heavy years... that's like Zetterberg in 2017/2018.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He's a solid option for a contending team looking for a #2 center...I've said the Chicago should look at either Briere and maybe even Vinny if the price is right. I wonder what Washington does if they can't keep Ribeiro...could be a decent market for early-to-mid 30s centers.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Lecavalier would be a pretty decent upgrade over Samuelsson *hint hint*

I would do this

Franzen - Datsyuk - Zetterberg
Brunner - Lecavalier - Nyquist
Tatar - Helm - Abdelkader
Bertuzzi/Tootoo - Andersson - Miller/Eaves

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Surprised to see him bought out this year.. Stevie Y must have replacement insight.. maybe from the draft.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1 h
Question in TB is who plays 2nd line C? Will be curious to see if DET trades rights to soon-to-be UFA C Valtteri Filppula before July 1.

Maybe switch?

Might as well be.

Where did the Montreal rumors come from? I can believe it, just wondering who was doing the speculating.

There has been speculating for years.. He's from Quebec.. 2+2..

RedWingsNow*

Lecavalier's last four years :

82 GP - 24G+46A=70pts
65 GP - 25G+29A=54pts
64 GP - 22G+27A=49pts
39 GP - 10G+22A=32pts

62 games played on average, 51 pts average (even with the shortened season) for .82 PPG
Likely seeking 4-5M at 33 years old

Weiss' last four years

80 GP - 28G+32A=60pts
76 GP - 21G+28A=49pts
80 GP - 20G+37A=57pts
17 GP - 1G+3A=4pts

64 games played on average, 43 pts average (even with the shortened season) for .67 PPG
Likely seeking 5M+ at 30 years old.

They're both comparable, with Lecavalier being more a point getter and Weiss being sound defensively. Weiss was 53 % on Faceoffs (11-12 season) and 47.8 %, with Weiss taking 200 + more faceoffs.

Lecavalier is rumoured to be going to Montreal, so I don't think the Wings have any chance.

Stephen Weiss isn't comparable. Throw all the stats around you want.
By the way, where do you think Vinny's 10 goals and 32 points would have been on Detroit last year?

Third.

And if you were to ask Mike Babcock whether he wants 5'11 Weiss or

Basically he scored at a 21 goal 66 point pace as the true 2nd line cneter.
He's 6'4. He's a proven commodity. He's a had a couple really good playoff runs. He's a 54 percent faceoff winner.
He throws 2 hits a game.
He had 7 giveaways compared to Marty SL's 30 or Stamkos' 7.

Really -- Vincent Lecavalier is by far the best thing that could happen to the Wings this offseason.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($5.500m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.488m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.005m) / Damien Brunner ($3.050m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.050m) / Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m)
Scott Hannan ($1.500m) / Brendan Smith ($3.427m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,322,527; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,987,473

RedWingsNow*

Injuries has taken its toll, but he was a 1st overall pick in 98 and played right from the get go, 15 heavy years... that's like Zetterberg in 2017/2018.

I see this all the time. As if playing in other leagues (Sweden/Russia/AHL) don't take a toll.
Nobody ever blows out their knee until they get to the NHL, right guys?:sarcasm:

Look at Lecavalier's stats. He's been relegated to second line center. Those are pretty good numbers.

IMO, I guarantee you Val Filppula's agent threw up in his mouth a little bit today..

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Constant media attention and massive expectations. Unless Montreal offers up crazy amounts of money, I'd be somewhat surprised to see Lecavalier end up there.

I agree, don't be so sure he ends up in Montreal, there is a reason why a lot of native Quebecois do not want to play there. Too much pressure, the fan pressure is intense, not to mention the media pressure

RedWingsNow*

Imagine if Detroit bought our their Captain who has served for what 13 years and played for 15?

Cojones...Balls :yo:

I don;t follow the Tampa roster closely. But this move is still surprising.
Does Tampa have better places to spend money?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm figuring with the buyout money Vinny will really go to a team where he wants to finish his career, as long as they give him a reasonable deal. I'm thinking five years, five million minimum.

RedWingsNow*

I'm figuring with the buyout money Vinny will really go to a team where he wants to finish his career, as long as they give him a reasonable deal. I'm thinking five years, five million minimum.

And that's probably something, realistically, we can't afford.

We've 3 years from now -- Z, Vinny, Datsyuk, Franzen and Kronwall will be pretty old and expensive

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Would be really cool to see kenny make a push for him. If we got him that would allow for pavs and z to be together all year. And with just the qualifying offers sent to our rfa's we could make a good offer on him, buy out sammy and then have at least 3.5 m left to resign brunner.

Suprised as hell though that they bought him out this year instead of next. Unless they just announced their draft intention on barkov then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad