The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Adam Erne is the only guy who has:
A) played 1-1-3 system for Tampa Bay at 2018-19 season
B) been coached by Lalonde with that new system Wings are pushing in

Jakub Vrana is another guy who has:
A) played 1-1-3 system under Barry Trotz at Capitals

Something to be noted about.
So what you're saying is... kick out the weirdos so everyone is on the same starting point? Agreed.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I like that Robert Hagg is becoming a polarizing roster player. Especially with Edvinsson knocking on the door. Guessing Hagg becomes a hot point of discussion in the coming weeks :nod:
For sure, he'll be under the microscope especially if Ed puts up some points in GR, That whole left side is gonna get some criticism though from Ed fans, none of them are all that good with the puck.

The only thing I can say there is Hagg > Oesterle.

Let's keep in mind Hagg played for a couple of crappy teams, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So what you're saying is... kick out the weirdos so everyone is on the same starting point? Agreed.

More of that they could benefit most, because it's already familiar system.

Don't know are the Chicago boys a fit (Kubalik & Suter) or how Perron and Copp will fit. But our Wings guys are a bit lost after the days of misery and Blash-tank-hockey.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Give me Hagg over Oesterle all day. at least he can hit/block pucks and clear the crease. Oesterle is soft and provides very little offence.

realistically neither of these guys are on a good teams roster.

Reactions: Gniwder

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

What forecheck did we run under Blashil? Games were so messy it was hard to tell at times. I think it may have been a 1-2-2

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yzerman has been fairly reluctant to give term.
The 3 year deal really surprised me.
There are only 2 players (non entry level) who currently have a longer commitment from the franchise.
Part of giving him 3 years is allowing for some development time. That means the contract isn't judged on day 1 of the season or that we need to force him into the lineup. Challenge him to be better. Year 2 and 3 are where we hope that contract gives us some good value.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
What were his comments?
Wrong side of the puck.
Poor puck management. Specifically called out for turning a 2-on-1 into a scoring chance or goal against.

So on a line with Bert-Larkin-Raymond, who's the front forechecker?
Or is it just sort of random?

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Wrong side of the puck.
Poor puck management. Specifically called out for turning a 2-on-1 into a scoring chance or goal against.
have a link? been trying to listen to every presser but may have missed that one

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Give me Hagg over Oesterle all day. at least he can hit/block pucks and clear the crease. Oesterle is soft and provides very little offence.

realistically neither of these guys are on a good teams roster.

I will not stand for this erasure! (Seriously though, it was a pretty goal).

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I will not stand for this erasure! (Seriously though, it was a pretty goal).

That's also the same game where he passed the puck to an opponent and gave them an easy goal.

The other goal he scored last season was when Zadina did an outside move and went behind the net for the first time in his life, setting up Oesterle with a sweet pass.

Both are anomalies, which I never expect to see again. Especially Zadina, if a move works he'll quit using it.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Flip Kubalik and Sundqvist and it's not that bad... I don't get it.
I didn't say it was bad.
But overall, it's still not great.
Beats last year when we had a 2nd line and 3 fourth lines.

Until guys like Ras, Veleno, Zadina and Soderblom show they are more than marginal players, that's kind of how this team stacks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Flip Kubalik and Sundqvist and it's not that bad... I don't get it.

Let them try and experiment. Maybe they find out that those lines are stupid.. and will make the change back which was better.

I could not care less about these practise lines. Let's see what they finally ice on against Montreal, and does it last?

Lalonde already talked how they could build different kind of line combinations depending of opposite teams they face on. Just what smart coaches will do.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So on a line with Bert-Larkin-Raymond, who's the front forechecker?
Or is it just sort of random?

Could think Larkin will play the "3rd defender", kind of a "selke" guy. He has so strong skating, that he can re join the offense from far behind, come from the second wave. Bertuzzi could be another option, Killorn was kind of same for Tampa. Raymond will play highest forechecker most definitely.

At Vrana - Copp - Perron, Copp is definitely the 3rd defender. Maybe Vrana is the forechecker, and really maybe the biggest break-away killer in this system. Can't wait.

Tough to know about those 3rd-4th lines how they are constructed, until we know the final combinations. Think Kubalik will fit on the "high guy forecheking" -role, no matter what the line.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad