Confirmed with Link: Wings name 23-Man Roster

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So teach one of the myriad of skill guys how to do it.

Erne - Ras - Sundqvist would not be hard to play against since they aren't going to maintain possession of the puck. They'll chase and sure look like they're working hard trying, but chasing is what they'll do. And if they get the puck? They'll chip it up ice and chase it some more.
They will pound defenses and cause hurried/rushed passes that will be picked off.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's a plus skater. Not Helm level, but a lot better than Abdelkader ever was.
PK is one of the easiest things a 4th liner can learn.

Anyway, a line of
Erne-Ras-Sundqvist would be a tough line to play against.

Play him. Pump up some value.
Move him at the deadline or before.

Unless Kubalik or Soderblom falters, I don't think Berggren's getting in until there's a trade - barring injury, of course.
He's got good speed, but not quick feet. Change of direction is what I'm talking about.

If they want to pump his value, then Erne needs to be with Suter. Raz can't set up plays.

Erne-Suter-Sundqvist would be the expiring contract line, lol. Kubalik will probably add more to his points total, so I'm OK with that. Anyone besides Zadina who always looks terrible with Suter.

I think the idea there is to get Suter/Erne some points then trade them at the deadline.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Lalonde said there was five guys who all just as easily could be on the rotation at forward. That tomorrow it will all very likely change. That all 5 guys will be getting the exact same message.

Who do you guys think those 5 on that list are? I think one notable is Kubalik considering he has been shuffled low a lot. Maybe Veleno and probably Suter.

But it also raises the question, are Soderblom and Veleno actually on that list considering they still are prospects. Are they expected to have those concerns and if that is the case those 5 could all be established players.

Vrana didn't look to sharp himself and I could certainly see coaches finding issues with his game pretty easily.

Last edited:

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Going back to UFA day, I was surprised by the signings of both Kubalik and Perron.
I honestly figured it was time for Soderblom and Berggren to take those spots.
You thought Söderblom could score 30+16 in 68 games as Kubalik did in 19-20? Well damn hes gonna have a shot for the Calder.

Perron scored 27+30 in 67 games and you see Berggren doing better?

(and 9+4 in 12 games in playoffs)

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
He's got good speed, but not quick feet. Change of direction is what I'm talking about.

If they want to pump his value, then Erne needs to be with Suter. Raz can't set up plays.

Erne-Suter-Sundqvist would be the expiring contract line, lol. Kubalik will probably add more to his points total, so I'm OK with that. Anyone besides Zadina who always looks terrible with Suter.

I think the idea there is to get Suter/Erne some points then trade them at the deadline.

I don't know that the return difference between the scenarios is worth putting them in any extra situations to get more points. What ya going to score an extra 4th round pick at the expense of hurting younger players development? We aren't talking about juicing a top 6 forwards stat line and getting a significant return.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Love the roster. Very shocked Soderblom made it but pleasantly so - sad AlJo, Ed, and Berg are down in GR. Really hope all three are up full time with the club by the end of the year

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Calgary needs a 2nd/3rd line winger. Zadina or Kubilak would likely fit the lost cost bill.

Elmer - I am happy for him but surprised he made the roster. Still think he'll end up in GR by opening day or within 25.

Smith - Enough already. He clears waivers for a reason.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Still it seems people didn't watch the pre-season games, where Erne outplayed his ass off.

Pretty easily outplayed Zadina.

As well as Suter outplayed Veleno.

No, I was asking where they saw that that Erne is in over Zadina. I didn't see any lines listed from the team, and even then those change by the day.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Still it seems people didn't watch the pre-season games, where Erne outplayed his ass off.

Pretty easily outplayed Zadina.

As well as Suter outplayed Veleno.
Erne had a good preseason. But Easily outplayed Zadina is not even close to accurate tho. Zadina was the best player on the ice for his first 3 games. Was Trash in the 4th. Bad in the 5th and pretty good in his last game.

Whether he starts out as the 13th forward then it is what it is but it’s not from having a bad or even average preseason.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
They will pound defenses and cause hurried/rushed passes that will be picked off.

That's a pretty slow line. Sundqvist is probably the best skater of the trio, and that's saying something. It's hard to rush passes and cause hell on the forecheck if you can't catch up to the other team.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Lalonde said there was five guys who all just as easily could be on the rotation at forward. That tomorrow it will all very likely change. That all 5 guys will be getting the exact same message.

Who do you guys think those 5 on that list are? I think one notable is Kubalik considering he has been shuffled low a lot. Maybe Veleno and probably Suter.

But it also raises the question, are Soderblom and Veleno actually on that list considering they still are prospects. Are they expected to have those concerns and if that is the case those 5 could all be established players.

Vrana didn't look to sharp himself and I could certainly see coaches finding issues with his game pretty easily.
frankly surprised zadina will be benched the 1st game. guessing suter and veleno will rotate especially on back to backs and then sundqvist, erne and soderblom, and i guess zadina too will all be benched/rested from time to time

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
frankly surprised zadina will be benched the 1st game. guessing suter and veleno will rotate especially on back to backs and then sundqvist, erne and soderblom, and i guess zadina too will all be benched/rested from time to time

It's only a matter of time before Erne and Suter play shitty enough to be benched, and for Sundqvist to get injured. But we'll see how Sadina responds to being benched.

I can't remember, but did Blashill ever healthy scratch Sadina?

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
It's only a matter of time before Erne and Suter play shitty enough to be benched, and for Sundqvist to get injured. But we'll see how Sadina responds to being benched.

I can't remember, but did Blashill ever healthy scratch Sadina?
he did a few times to my knowledge

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He said they were 13th/14th today and that it could be completely different in practice tomorrow.
Yeah, I don't really understand how a fan base can repeatedly call a coaching staff to task for firing up the line blender too often, but then criticize a proposed opening lineup as if it's set in stone.

If the Wings struggle through 5-10 games, it's due to poor line combinations, and Lalonde is stubborn about it...then I'll give the thumbs up to torches and pitchforks.

But until then...

yall-just-need-842a5c229b.jpg

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Awesome, I dig it, I'm excited for Friday.

Glad Elmer made it, I wanted to see him play more. I'd expect to see Edvinsson play with the club sooner than later also.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

My guess Vrana is not 100%. He also said Veleno and Zadina like 13 and 14 forwards. We going to have some competition and some rested guys on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad