GDT: Wings @ Leafs 7:30, 12/23

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Being in the same division I feel like Matthews is going to have prodigious stats against us.

Like how every time we played St. Louis or Columbus they would put up Zetterberg's and Datsyuk's career stats and you would look at the screen like wow their fans must hate those guys...:laugh:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Let's face it. We have so many injuries and aren't deep enough yet to recover and win games and become a playoff team.

Hronek!! Just like that scores.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Aaww so nice of them to honor Daley's 1000 game. Not as much impact as Z's which was special since it was the last and final game at the Joe. I was there. What an awesome night.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah Hronek looking a lot more comfortable tonight so far

I honestly think he just has trouble starting seasons.

I mean Zetterberg was good but he actually used to take a little bit to ramp up to his superstar level, he always seemed better in the back-half of seasons when he was younger. Some guys just seem to play that way, but Hronek hopefully just starts better but it has been a problem thus far. We at least need to trust he will work his way out of slumps which is a good sign I guess.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Shanny is a gentleman. Would take him with Yzerman back as GM and assistant GM

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Not really. Rasmussen is in the right place. He is learning a lot this year, is far better using his body than he was earlier in the season. Most rookies don't set the world on fire. Rasmussen is living with Larkin and learning about being a pro. I think given his serious nature we can expect a very determined off-season. But him learning that at this level over the balance of this year is helpful. He has held up, he isn't scoring a lot of points but I have liked him in a decent amount of games and he has played some ugly ones to be sure.

We need to relax on some of these young kids. We are a bad team and they are learning in a very difficult league. I like the makeup of a lot of them and I believe they can handle it and they can take those hard truths. I think this helps us in the long-term and it helps Ras in the long-term. That is what we are after and I agree they are treating guys differently and being open minded as you can see they have selected different routes for a few of our prospects. Time will tell, but Rasmussen isn't a bust and people are being pretty ridiculous in terms of some of the expectations around here in my opinion.
He sure doesn't seem like he's learning offensive skills...

Reactions: taliababa

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He sure doesn't seem like he's learning offensive skills...
Casey Mittelstadt is supposed to be a superior offensive prospect and he has the same amount of points in 2 more games. He's made big strides in his board work and has many impact moments on goals in which he didn't get points. He's young and learning a lot.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We blew it. You know the leafs are gonna get pp opportunities at some point. They're gonna score on them guaranteed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad