GDT: Wings @ Leafs 7:30, 12/23

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Merry Christmas! & (Happy Hanukkah / happy holidays )

Prediction: Hronek & Bertuzzi score a point. Refs blow a few obvious calls.

upload_2018-12-23_14-13-0.png

& Happy Fesitivus!

iu

iu

iu

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I dont get having ras playing 4th line minutes. I get he has gone cold but who wouldn't with who this kid has played with. He isn't NHL ready

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
This might get ugly. I expect Babdick to have his team in super tryhard mode to make up for last time. That and Bernier won't look nearly as godly against a team that can actually finish.

5-2 Leafs. Larkin gets an assist to extend his streak.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That Paul Boyer segment in the pre-game was outstanding. I am actually looking forward to part 2.

I really like Trevor more and more as we move along. He really understands the game and what fans talk about. He is becoming pretty talented at his role in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Also man does that lineup look bad.... Christmas is going to come early for the Leafs if we don't figure out a way to stay out of the penalty box and bring a huge work rate tonight.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Why keep Rasmussen up if he's going to be on the 4th line? If your blue chip prospect can't beat out Frk for icetime, they're probably not ready for the NHL.

Because he's too good for Juniors, which is the only alternative. There more he can learn on a 4th line in the NHL than he can on a 1st line in Juniors.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If you're of junior age and you're a scoring forward relegated to the 4th line... you have plenty to learn in junior.

Not really. Rasmussen is in the right place. He is learning a lot this year, is far better using his body than he was earlier in the season. Most rookies don't set the world on fire. Rasmussen is living with Larkin and learning about being a pro. I think given his serious nature we can expect a very determined off-season. But him learning that at this level over the balance of this year is helpful. He has held up, he isn't scoring a lot of points but I have liked him in a decent amount of games and he has played some ugly ones to be sure.

We need to relax on some of these young kids. We are a bad team and they are learning in a very difficult league. I like the makeup of a lot of them and I believe they can handle it and they can take those hard truths. I think this helps us in the long-term and it helps Ras in the long-term. That is what we are after and I agree they are treating guys differently and being open minded as you can see they have selected different routes for a few of our prospects. Time will tell, but Rasmussen isn't a bust and people are being pretty ridiculous in terms of some of the expectations around here in my opinion.

Reactions: Ezekial

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Off to a good start. Hopefully the Leafs bury a few more early and the team can cruise to an easy loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad