Rumor: Wings in contention for Daniel Brickley

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
dont know much about him but he’s a college free agent and Friedman reported that Holland has been aggressively recruiting him. Anyone know anything about him? How good he projects to be?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Apparently the Habs are in on him too???

NCAA free agent target: Daniel Brickley

"The most flashy element in his arsenal is definitely his shot from the point. He puts a lot of his weight into his shot, but also fires quickly and precisely. As the puck travels almost instantly to the net, it makes it very hard for goalies to adjust to the trajectory, especially when #8 of the Mavericks can jump higher into the offensive zone before letting go."

"On offence or defence, Brickley won't wow you with his skating. But he rarely falls behind any plays. He has the reach to easily separate attackers from the puck when they try to go around him. While he can play physically and has the tools to do so with his size, his stick remains his weapon of choice in defensive situations."

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Thank you for the input I know McKenzie said there are no Canadian teams on his list and the Sabres are out as well. Hoping the wings can get him. Could that be why they haven’t called anybody up after the green injury as they are waiting for him to come into the lineup? I do know holland said that somebody would be up this week on defense

Killbillz

Mar 22, 2018
He is! Good eye.
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/image.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/imgur.png

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'll believe it when I see it. It's one thing for Detroit to be interested in a player, and it's quite another for the player to return that interest. I'm really interested in Rachel Keller, but I have a feeling she's not calling me back.
How do teams get eliminated from contention, like all Canadian teams apparently? It must come from Brickley's camp no?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Probably the best of the NCAA undrafted UFAs (may have been the best last year if he had left then as well). He has good size and is pretty good offensively, but an average skater I seem to remember.

I will believe it when I see it, but can't fault Kenny for giving him an offer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
One of the things we do need to be careful about is contracts if we are compiling 10+ draft picks for the next three drafts.

This guy might not hurt, but I think we will have harder decisions than we have been having in terms of the 50 man roster. You better be certain the kid has at least a decent chance at making the league.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
One of the things we do need to be careful about is contracts if we are compiling 10+ draft picks for the next three drafts.

This guy might not hurt, but I think we will have harder decisions than we have been having in terms of the 50 man roster. You better be certain the kid has at least a decent chance at making the league.

I can appreciate the concern, but I don't see him as contract competition for the guys taken last year, this year or next year. He is effectively a 2014 draft pick. Furthermore, it is much easier to make that evaluation with a 23-year-old than a 20-year-old.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I can appreciate the concern, but I don't see him as contract competition for the guys taken last year, this year or next year. He is effectively a 2014 draft pick. Furthermore, it is much easier to make that evaluation with a 23-year-old than a 20-year-old.

I don't think he is that good in all honesty. I won't hate it but he is another bottom pairing D-man to me because of his skating from what I have seen. Do we need one of those? I mean I guess if Brinkley is your add to chase Jack Hughes and actually given ample PP time to make use of his shot. Just not sure we need this guy. Would rather promote Cholowski if we are looking for a left handed D.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'll believe it when I see it. It's one thing for Detroit to be interested in a player, and it's quite another for the player to return that interest. I'm really interested in Rachel Keller, but I have a feeling she's not calling me back.

If he was a Vesey or Schultz level guy, the appeal would be Detroit’s D core isn’t very good. Path of least resistance.

But I’m with TZE, just not sure he’s that good. Hard to say he’s better than Russo or Jensen were as college players. Although I do suppose it’s a crapshoot to an extent, because I don’t think many thought much of Will Butcher as a free agent last year either.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
If he was a Vesey or Schultz level guy, the appeal would be Detroit’s D core isn’t very good. Path of least resistance.

But I’m with TZE, just not sure he’s that good. Hard to say he’s better than Russo or Jensen were as college players. Although I do suppose it’s a crapshoot to an extent, because I don’t think many thought much of Will Butcher as a free agent last year either.

I was going to mention Butcher as an example of why you just kind of go after these guys. If the guy projects to at least be good enough to compete for an NHL spot, why not sign him? You have room for a contract, go for it. Obviously the Red Wings need to be careful about contract limits over the next few years, but it's pretty easy to drop a contract or two... I think it's a good idea to jump at the opportunity to add a college guy who could have solid potential because at least you know he *could* have that potential. You already know Lashoff, McIlrath, and Russo aren't in your NHL roster plans moving forward. This is a free asset that could potentially make your team.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Him visiting is a really good thing because the new facility could be a major selling point for us

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00