Post-Game Talk: Wings down Sharks 2-1

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
I'd like to see his +/- playing top pair vs middle pair this season. Seriously.

Considering Kronwall's -4 billion, it's going to be ugly. Right now E is splitting IT with Dekeyser and Kronwall 58/32, and Kronwall's 47/27/10 with Green, E, and Dekeyser.

Hunting Bow*

FINALLY it looks like we can put this two goalie BS to rest. Will Mrazek have bad games? Yes. Will Howard get some starts? Yes. Is Mrazek the head and shoulders the best option in the net? 1000% yes.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
i would like to see replay Mrazek save before 2 goal .

Me too. And that is hockey. A huge save in one end and 10 sec later the goal in the other.
Not so many days ago my opinion was questioned why those caps and cats were doing great as their goaltending was great. We saw it last night par excellence.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Just watched the game... Win, as in previous two games.. but the play on the ice... not impressed at all... lucky winstreak this...

I guess this is just a mediocre team after all. I had hopes before the season started but not now.

Actual Thought*

Glad they won but this team has systemic problems. No offense ever.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I've always liked Thornton, too. When San Jose finally decides to unload him, he's going to be a very good playoff rental for someone next year. Slot him onto a better team's second or third line, like how we used to do with Larionov, and it's an instant match-up problem. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a 2-year deal somewhere on the cheap after his SJ deal is up, either. Honestly, he's a guy who could probably play into his 40s and still be effective - like Larionov.

I've always liked Thornton. But he does have a knack for stupidness

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
We won't be winning many games with this kind of play. Getting heavily outpossessed.

Not going to outpossess the opponent every game like the good old days, especially on the road (and especially in San Jose). This team seems super comfortable being in close games. They have won the most one-goal games in the league.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Not going to outpossess the opponent every game like the good old days, especially on the road (and especially in San Jose). This team seems super comfortable being in close games. They have won the most one-goal games in the league.

No team does, but when you're winning games and getting heavily outshot, you can tell there's an imminent losing streak unless that gets turned around. We're good in one goal games because of Mrazek fortunately.

Did you actually watch the game?

Yes, the Sharks outplayed us. They were all over us. Mrazek made a timely save and Abby capitalized. This win streak has been uninspiring. We still have a bad offense with a great goaltender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No team does, but when you're winning games and getting heavily outshot, you can tell there's an imminent losing streak unless that gets turned around. We're good in one goal games because of Mrazek fortunately.

Being outshot does not always mean they were outplayed. I was at the game last night in San Jose and couldn't see the shot totals clearly because it was obstructed from the netting. I never thought once they were being dominated by the Sharks. The worst thing Fox Sports has done to NHL hockey is constantly display the shot totals all game. That seems all anyone watches anymore with this team.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Being outshot does not always mean they were outplayed. I was at the game last night in San Jose and couldn't see the shot totals clearly because it was obstructed from the netting. I never thought once they were being dominated by the Sharks. The worst thing Fox Sports has done to NHL hockey is constantly display the shot totals all game. That seems all anyone watches anymore with this team.

Blame the ******** lies that is the modern day shot tracking (corsi). Though being out possessed by SJ isn't exactly a new thing they have done it for the past 4-5 years with regularity.

Can't wait to hear all the pissing and moaning when we play LA. Cause they routinely put up 10+ shots over us.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
FINALLY it looks like we can put this two goalie BS to rest. Will Mrazek have bad games? Yes. Will Howard get some starts? Yes. Is Mrazek the head and shoulders the best option in the net? 1000% yes.
It must have killed you when Howard was doing well to start the season.

Give it a rest.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yes, the Sharks outplayed us. They were all over us. Mrazek made a timely save and Abby capitalized. This win streak has been uninspiring. We still have a bad offense with a great goaltender.

What a load of crap. You can always, and I mean always, tell which posters actually watch games and prospects and which ones watch stats. That effort level by the Wings will win them plenty of games. Sadly we rarely see it with any regularity these days. It was a close game, but Mrazek was far from overworked.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We won't be winning many games with this kind of play. Getting heavily outpossessed.

How about seeing the whole picture?
1. Road game
2. Who had the best scoring chances
3. Head to head 1-1. We outshot and outplayed them at home, but lost 3-2 due to bad goaltending. They slightly outplayed us on the road, but we won due to great goaltending.

We have won 3 on the road. 4-3, 1-0, 2-1. That's a fine stat on the road so far.

Btw we have a better record on the road than at home.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Around the 3:50 mark

Oh yeah! I forgot about the play Larkin made at the 0:50 mark of this video. I rewound the game and watched it a few times right away.

We all need to take a second and appreciate it. That right there is an elite hockey play and gets me really excited about him (not that I wasn't already)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
And like clockwork Howard continued the roller coaster called his inconsistent career.

Sounds great.

I would think someone would be less excited about Howard faltering considering the team as a whole is weaker when they are paying 6 million for someone who is so apparently terrible.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
What a load of crap. You can always, and I mean always, tell which posters actually watch games and prospects and which ones watch stats. That effort level by the Wings will win them plenty of games. Sadly we rarely see it with any regularity these days. It was a close game, but Mrazek was far from overworked.

It's not a load of crap. First period was wide open, the teams traded scoring chances. In periods 2 and 3 we were often hemmed into our own zone chasing the puck around, only managing to generate a scoring chance on a rush every few minutes. Go back to the game thread, the comments there will likely reflect our poor play for significant portions of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad