Post-Game Talk: Wings down Sharks 2-1

Aug 6, 2012
DK
Mrazek
Larkin

Had to give DK the 1st star for the epic facewash on Big Joe there.

These D pairs are really hurting this team right now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Too many turnovers, but glad to get the result. Great game by our pillars of the future in Mrazek and Larkin. DK actually hits the net...:amazed:

Split LA and this is a great road swing.

Thornton is probably the first superstar to melt down over Glendening this year, glad to see that happening again. Chump move, but that means Glendening is doing his job.:handclap:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I've hated him since he cheapshotted Perron for no reason, and those series against the Wings where he was acting like a pathetic child.

Is this the one where Perron skated directly into him when he got out of the box? Have to say that is on my shortlist for worst NHL suspensions I have ever seen.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Is this the one where Perron skated directly into him when he got out of the box? Have to say that is on my shortlist for worst NHL suspensions I have ever seen.

What? Thornton was the one coming out of the box and blindsided Perron while he was receiving a pass. That hit was totally uncalled for and was a classic case of Thornton losing his cool during a game for no reason.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What? Thornton was the one coming out of the box and blindsided Perron while he was receiving a pass. That hit was totally uncalled for and was a classic case of Thornton losing his cool during a game for no reason.

Sorry it is late was not clear that yes I was talking about him (Thornton) getting out of the box. Perron had the puck... Have no problem with that hit and never had/have, you have to have awareness, if Thornton lets him straight though to score it is an awful play. The player had the puck he got in front of him and made full body contact. Like I said I think it is one of the worst suspensions I have seen the league hand down.

I have never minded Thornton, trying to jump Lidstrom aside. He is a guy that has gotten plenty of hate for things he hasn't deserved for years. He has chippy moments, but he is one of the better players I have had the chance to see live. Guy is a wizard with the puck and yes he has plenty of jam. He is chippy at times, but honestly so was Brendan Shanahan and some of our other favorites over the years. I have tons of respect for Jumbo Joe, will miss him when he calls it a career.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
ZFnKrAc.gif

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Mrazek literally stole that game. Anyone see the reason for the little brawl at the end? Assuming it was just Glendening being a pest as normal but wondered if there was a single incident that did it.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Mrazek literally stole that game. Anyone see the reason for the little brawl at the end? Assuming it was just Glendening being a pest as normal but wondered if there was a single incident that did it.

Thornton pissed off realizing he's in the twilight of his career on a team that should've rebuilt a couple years ago. Maybe.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I like the Sharks but great to see Thornton lose it at the end. Good win Wings! :handclap:

There weren't many more chances than usual this game but with less stoppages there is more flow. Both teams were skating well it was better hockey than say vs. the Devils or Minnesota.

Mrazek-what more could be said? He's phenomenal. Reminds me of Quick and LA's run in 2012. With goaltending that stellar you can go far, may be all the way.

I've dogged Richards since he was brought in this offseason but now can really appreciate what he brings. As a veteran guy providing depth he's played his role admirably. He's a head's up, intelligent player who is a positive almost every shift. Fans like myself ached and moaned to get him off the 2nd line but honestly they've looked much poorer from the 1st game he wasn't on it. Tatar has not been the answer. Tonight he was falling all over the place and besides the one shift that Datsyuk's line held possession for a minute or something, Tatar was mostly unnoticeable or repeatedly lost the puck. They're playing top lines and not getting scored on but I was hoping for some fresh energy bringing Tatar up and I've yet to see it.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
I can't find video but I hate Thornton for the time he over the shoulder two hand slashed Z's already hurt ankle, and the time he grabbed Lidstrom.
Thornton will go down as one of the biggest playoff chokers and that makes me smile.

Oh yeah, Mrazek was amazing.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015

Next time patron should look,in the direction he is skating. Legal clean hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad