Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Canucks, Wednesday at 10:30 (Franzen out with injury, Glendening Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Figured we can discuss the game in here until the GDT is put up since we've got two days until game day.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 43s
Wings on ice for practice. Franzen not skating. Waiting for word on his status.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Franzen is out for Wednesday with injury. team hopes he's ready for Friday. Glendening recalled from Grand Rapids.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Figured we can discuss the game in here until the GDT is put up since we've got two days until game day.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 43s
Wings on ice for practice. Franzen not skating. Waiting for word on his status.

They've recalled Glendening for the trip, he should be their 4th line C.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Drew Miller left practice more than five minutes ago, so it's probably not an equipment issue.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 41 s
Weiss appears to have been demoted to fourth line. He's skating with Tootoo and Ssmuelsson.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Some new lines today: Datsyuk is with Tatar and Cleary, Zetterberg is with Alfredsson and Abdelkader.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Andersson is with Bertuzzi and Eaves; Weiss skating with Tootoo and Samuelsson, who might be subbing for Miller. Helm working in on top 6.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m
Some new lines today: Datsyuk is with Tatar and Cleary, Zetterberg is with Alfredsson and Abdelkader.

:shakehead

Effectively, Babcock has neutralized our entire top six.

I do like that he's kept Tatar up there though.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Jeez, a 5 million dollar fourth liner.

Can't see the benefit whatsoever in that move.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 17s
Defense pairs remain the same: Kronwall-Smith, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Kindl

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Neutralized what? They looked like dog **** last game and those were the best lines we saw all year. This whole roster sucks.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

And then babcock probably wonders why we can't score more than 2 goals a game. He is giving the opponents top 6 essentially pp time by putting abs and he who only has 2 points in 12 games.

I swear this ******** is quickly becoming so bad I'm basically not even motivated to want to watch this **** anymore. **** babcock fire the mother****er.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
And then babcock probably wonders why we can't score more than 2 goals a game. He is giving the opponents top 6 essentially pp time by putting abs and he who only has 2 points in 12 games.

I swear this ******** is quickly becoming so bad I'm basically not even motivated to want to watch this **** anymore. **** babcock fire the mother****er.

Are we firing Holland too? I don't see any coach doing any better with this crap. But Babcock sure as hell is making it as hard as he can.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleary on line 1, and Glendening up over Nyquist??!

**** this team.

If I hear one more time about how they're dying to bring Nyquist up............

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Maybe he just wants to see how the other guys look, especially with Franzen out and before Glendening gets up to center the fourth line. What gets me is that we lose Franzen for an indeterminate amount of time - they think he might be back for Friday, but they aren't sure - but Nyquist isn't the guy called up because he'd likely kill his waiver exemption with a call-up.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Jeez, a 5 million dollar fourth liner.

Can't see the benefit whatsoever in that move.

Yeah, tough to see how burying him that far down the lineup is going to help his game at all.

Would have thought a game or 2 on Z or D's wing, letting those guys carry the mail and he's allowed to play his game while not being the focal point of his line, would do more to get him going.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
You mean he can't figure out keep both those idiots off the top 6? I mean really its not that hard. But granted he has a man crush on them cause they are so "realgud". Cleary couldn't be any worse this season if he tried and abby doesn't belong in the top 6 he can't keep the puck away from the other team when he is on a top line. Repeatedly doing something time and again hoping for better results when it always turns into ******** isn't even funny anymore. All he ever does with the lines is change them around and put players with z and d that make their lines worse.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Neutralized what? They looked like dog **** last game and those were the best lines we saw all year. This whole roster sucks.

Babcock has to give new line combos more time. They need to be able to develop some chemistry. You can't just mix and match lines every fricon period and expect everyone to be productive. Really seems like he just lost and grasping at straws. Can't believe Canada wants this guy as their coach.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Would have thought a game or 2 on Z or D's wing, letting those guys carry the mail and he's allowed to play his game while not being the focal point of his line, would do more to get him going.

That's my thinking as well. We just called up another center, so why not move Weiss to the wing and let him get going? Maybe he gets a little bit of confidence back and starts producing enough to begin centering a line again.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Hard to take this any longer. I strongly dislike Mike Babcock. Gradually taking away my enjoyment of watching the Wings. Great coach eh? More like can't coach without a loaded roster.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Cleary hasn't had a point in his last 6 games. How is he up for a promotion?

Glendening over Nyquist? :laugh:

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Glendening is over Nyquist because Nyquist only has 2 NHL games left of being waiver exempt. He uses those two games he has to stay all season.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
Cleary on line 1, and Glendening up over Nyquist??!

**** this team.

If I hear one more time about how they're dying to bring Nyquist up............

if nyquist plays two games they can't send him down again. that would force more decisions. I think unless we're getting desperate about making the playoffs we may not see nyquist at all in the regular season.

skinneh

#FireHolland
Jul 17, 2009
Winnipeg
They can't call Nyquist up.. after the 2 games Holland would be required to actually fix this roster.. You guys are asking a GM to do his job!? Cmon now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad