Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Canucks, Wednesday at 10:30 (Franzen out with injury, Glendening Recalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe he just wants to see how the other guys look, especially with Franzen out and before Glendening gets up to center the fourth line. What gets me is that we lose Franzen for an indeterminate amount of time - they think he might be back for Friday, but they aren't sure - but Nyquist isn't the guy called up because he'd likely kill his waiver exemption with a call-up.

If they had any legitimate reason to worry about putting Nyquist on waivers it would make sense. Unfortunately I've seen too much this last year or so to try and make sense of most of the moves they have been making.

As it stands, Nyquist should be allowed a full year in the pros without them having to worry about putting him in the press box or back in the minors. He is a dynamic player even if he may not put up 60 points his first year.

None of these roster or lineup choices make any sense to me.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver is 8-4-1 with 17 points already, and plays the Caps at home tonight. They're third in the division, though, behind San Jose and Anaheim.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Glendening is over Nyquist because Nyquist only has 2 NHL games left of being waiver exempt. He uses those two games he has to stay all season.

That's the point. You say that like its a good excuse.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Cleary on line 1, and Glendening up over Nyquist??!

**** this team.

If I hear one more time about how they're dying to bring Nyquist up............

They dont want to because as soon as he gets 2 games he cant pass waivers. Mason Raymond and Brad boyes both sign 1 year 1 million dollar contracts, 9 and 7 points so far. We have Cleary, Abby and Sammy making 6 million and combining for 6 points

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If they had any legitimate reason to worry about putting Nyquist on waivers it would make sense. Unfortunately I've seen too much this last year or so to try and make sense of most of the moves they have been making.

As it stands, Nyquist should be allowed a full year in the pros without them having to worry about putting him in the press box or back in the minors. He is a dynamic player even if he may not put up 60 points his first year.

None of these roster or lineup choices make any sense to me.

We're in the same boat.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Cleary on line 1, and Glendening up over Nyquist??!

**** this team.

If I hear one more time about how they're dying to bring Nyquist up............

I think Holland is kind of forced to not bring up Nyquist until a trade happens. If im not mistaken hes only got 2 games left of waiver exemption.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They dont want to because as soon as he gets 2 games he cant pass waivers. Mason Raymond and Brad boyes both sign 1 year 1 million dollar contracts, 9 and 7 points so far. We have Cleary, Abby and Sammy making 6 million and combining for 6 points

Dude I get that. Everyone on this board knows his waiver eligibility.

Point is they keep saying they want him on the team. So they call someone up fr GR....but it isn't him.

It's a ****ing joke. I've had enough of their BS.

If you actually want Nyquist on the team then call him up for 2 games, and actually have some balls for once and make some moves. Stop sweeping the dirt under the rug. Do your job and stop spouting BS to the media and the fans.

If not give me a gm capable of being a gm.

crashman

I'm not gonna predict losses here, but it seems like Babcock is setting this team up for failure with these moves. Hopefully he'll get his point across with these "mind games", but there's no way these lines will stick and be a long-term solution.

crashman

Dude I get that. Everyone on this board knows his waiver eligibility.

Point is they keep saying they want him on the team. So they call someone up fr GR....but it isn't him.

It's a ****ing joke. I've had enough of their BS.

I hear ya. I just hope Ericsson and Helm get in the line-up asap so it forces Hollands hand to make some type of decision. There's no good reason for Glendening to be playing on this team right now.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
If you actually want Nyquist on the team then call him up for 2 games, and actually have some balls for once and make some moves. Stop sweeping the dirt under the rug. Do your job and stop spouting BS to the media and the fans.

If not give me a gm capable of being a gm.

There arent many moves the way Holland hands out deals and NTC. He should have the upper hand when negotiating with guys like Sammy, Bert and Cleary and instead gives them too many years and too much money.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Glendening over Nyquist? :laugh:

Glendening is temporary. They know as soon as Nyquist plays 2 games he's in for good which might force Holland to do his damn job and get rid of the garbage he's accumulated to make room for real talent.

It's procrastination and incompetence.

As for Weiss, I am absolutely befuddled by this move. He actually played decently last game. He didn't score but he had the two biggest anchors on the team as his wingers. Plus I thought Babcock's plan was to take the offensive pressure off him. Weiss generated some chances and even almost got us a short handed goal.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'm scared that Holland is getting ready to pull off a terrible trade. I don't even trust him anymore to do his job. He's gonna go get like Scott Hannan for Tatar and a 1st round pick.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Thankfully the Wings are not in the West this year. They would have absolutely no chance at making the playoffs as currently constituted.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Glendening is temporary. They know as soon as Nyquist plays 2 games he's in for good which might force Holland to do his damn job and get rid of the garbage he's accumulated to make room for real talent.

It's procrastination and incompetence.

As for Weiss, I am absolutely befuddled by this move. He actually played decently last game. He didn't score but he had the two biggest anchors on the team as his wingers. Plus I thought Babcock's plan was to take the offensive pressure off him. Weiss generated some chances and even almost got us a short handed goal.

Its like your trash can at home, you keep putting stuff in it even though its full and it keeps piling up and up but you dont wanna take it out and keep putting it off. Eventually its gonna get too full and come tumbling down

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010

That's what I thought, too. I'm not sure what Babcock is thinking unless he believes Weiss needs even more pressure taken off of him, so give him seven minutes in a checking role. And I don't see Weiss thriving in that role.

I didn't see anything from Khan regarding the power play, but I have to wonder if that's going to get shaken up too.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I'm scared that Holland is getting ready to pull off a terrible trade. I don't even trust him anymore to do his job. He's gonna go get like Scott Hannan for Tatar and a 1st round pick.

and quote leadership, as if we dont have enough of that already

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 56s
Eaves says as of now he's in Wednesday against Vancouver.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Darren Helm said he won't play Wednesday at Vancouver. Hoping for Friday at Calgary or least durian the trip. Feels good. No setbacks.

Some sort of move is coming as soon as Helm comes back. Someone has to go.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 56s
Eaves says as of now he's in Wednesday against Vancouver.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Darren Helm said he won't play Wednesday at Vancouver. Hoping for Friday at Calgary or least durian the trip. Feels good. No setbacks.

So who comes out? Tootoo or Tatar?

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 41 s
Weiss appears to have been demoted to fourth line. He's skating with Tootoo and Samuelsson....

Holy **** 9.8 mil on the 4th line....we need a name for this one....

If there is a message being sent it just may be from MB to KH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad