Windsor Spitfires 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Believe it was due to a stipulation with Covid, where he typically wouldn’t have been AHL eligible (2002 player, drafted out of the OHL), but because of the season off and where he played in that off season, he became eligible for the AHL.

Now the cards have fallen for the year, I didn’t want it to sound like I was whining Foudy was gone, but I do think he had room to grow still at the OHL Level. His skating was beyond this level, but size, and hockey IQ could’ve used some more work IMO.

Johnston is beyond AHL ready. Skill wise I think he can move up to the NHL, but I could see him staying here another season and tearing up WJ with Canada. He’s smart, he keeps his head up, but he could add a few pounds before going up

Sorry my post wasn't meant to say you were whinning in any way.
Others on here said he should be in the O and posted it alot.
Others said there was something that suggested he wouldn't play for Windsor at the time. Just curious what the issue was.
I realize the unique situation that led to some players being AHL eligible early.
No biggie.
I enjoy your posts.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Every team in the league and their defense needed improvement.
Regular season excluding empty netters Windsor's goals against was 3.51
Playoffs same criteria 2.64
Defense is a team game from goal on out and Windsor vastly improved in all areas from the start of the season,goals for goals against,Power Play,Penalty Killing reasons why they came within 1 win if the league championship.
Good stats but they also faced the 7 and 8 best teams in the conference 1st 2 rds so one would expect the stats to be better than playing top teams ;)
The other team they beat you said early wouldn't make POs and mid/late season posted only had a good record based on schedule.
So when ya play teams in the bottom 1/3 of the conference and a team you say wasn't worth their record it's natural the stats would be better than the average attained over a season playing the better teams in conference added in, no?
Context is important when dealing with stats HL. Even if it's stats teams have long moved past in evaluation for much more advanced and accurate stats.
Windsor earned the West Conf Title. Congrats.But it's easy to see why the GA was lower than reg season when seeing who they played.
And that they only acquired their #1 goalie part way thru the year. Context counts.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Good stats but they also faced the 7 and 8 best teams in the conference 1st 2 rds so one would expect the stats to be better than playing tip teams ;)
The other team they beat you said early wouldn't make POs and mid/late season posted only had a good record based on schedule.
So when ya play teams in the bottom 1/3 of the conference and a team you say wasn't worth their record it's natural the stats would be better than the average attained over a season playing the better teams in conference added.
Context is important when dealing with stats HL. Even if it's stats teams have long moved past in evaluation for much more advanced and accurate stats
11 of their 25 playoff games were played against those 2 teams. You can dissect things any way but the caliber of competition can dictate what happens. Did they play better D? Sure. Did they face underwhelming competition? Absolutely.

Reactions: aresknights

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Good stats but they also faced the 7 and 8 best teams in the conference 1st 2 rds so one would expect the stats to be better than playing tip teams ;)

They also allowed 20G in 7 GP against 3rd seeded Flint and 25G in 7GP against the 2nd best offensive team in the league (who avg'ed 5+ goals per game entering the series). Yes, this team had flaws but it feels like we're trying to find them right now instead of giving credit where it's due.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
11 of their 25 playoff games were played against those 2 teams. You can dissect things any way but the caliber of competition can dictate what happens. Did they play better D? Sure. Did they face underwhelming competition? Absolutely.

I agree the D played better.
But the concerns voiced all year by the so called "negatrons" ( you, Cfaub,Tef......) with the D were exposed in the POs also and wre the reason they went 7 in the conf. Finals and lost in the OHL finals.
I agree that Windsor was the best team in the West. Favoured in every series and won those series
You are what your record says you are.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well the No#2 team in the conference didnt do so well vs the No 7 team in the conference did they aresknights for context purposes
Standings sometimes doesn't matter does it.
Though in Windsor 's case it did matter they outplayed the opposition in the 1st 3 rounds 80 per cent of the time,Flint's goalie saved them from being swept out,having goalie depth helped Windsor immeasurably in series when injury hit,great Windsor had 2 goalies that could be counted on.
All in all tremendous season by Windsor and showed improvement in all areas from the start of the season to finish the year
I am glad my faith in this team never wavered.

I agree the D played better.
But the concerns voiced all year by the so called "negatrons" ( you, Cfaub,Tef......) with the D were exposed in the POs also and wre the reason they went 7 in the conf. Finals and lost in the OHL finals.
I agree that Windsor was the best team in the West. Favoured in every series and won those series
You are what your record says you are.
But the so called negatrons said they were not contenders after trade deadline and they were rightfully proven badly wrong.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well the No#2 team in the conference didnt do so well vs the No 7 team in the conference did they aresknights for context purposes
Standings sometimes doesn't matter does it.
Though in Windsor 's case it did matter they outplayed the opposition in the 1st 3 rounds 80 per cent of the time,Flint's goalie saved them from being swept out,having goalie depth helped Windsor immeasurably in series when injury hit,great Windsor had 2 goalies that could be counted on.
All in all tremendous season by Windsor and showed improvement in all areas from the start of the season to finish the year
I am glad my faith in this team never wavered.

Awesome. I knew you couldn't resist bringing up LK lol.
And in spite of your attempted dig HL. I said Kitchener was the better team and deserved the W. Easy to say. Something I've never read from you after a loss on a game or series. The other team was better.
And unlike you I didn't whine about injuries as a factor ;) Nor did most LK fans. But you have a history of it. Is what it is....next man up lol........or an excuse/factor.
Will you comment on the missing LK players vs. Kitchener or the Hamilton key players out in the finals? Xause we all you would if it was Spitfire players out.
Also said since the fall their early great start was not indicative of their potential.
Also said Windsor earned n deserved the West conf. Title.
Consistent on my end. You are the one whose goalposts moved to judge success over the years;)
Your faith hasn't wavered over the last 12 years either but only once did they win a PO series ;) gotta be right at some time.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
HL since you felt the need to bring up Lon vs. Kit on your board.....
do you think injuries played a factor in the Lon/Kit series?
Do you think injuries played a factor in the Win/Ham series?

They also allowed 20G in 7 GP against 3rd seeded Flint and 25G in 7GP against the 2nd best offensive team in the league (who avg'ed 5+ goals per game entering the series). Yes, this team had flaws but it feels like we're trying to find them right now instead of giving credit where it's due.
I gave lots of credit and did so on here.
Context TG. Look at the post I responded to. According to HL Flint was a fraud of top seed. Based on his posts.
He used GAA in POs vs. Reg season to defend a POV of his. Problem is context. On a % basis of reg season pt totals and his personal POV they faced lesser competition. So obviously your GAA should be lower. Simple concept really

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I didn't specify anyone in particular, just the overall idea. The Spitfires literally just went to G7 of the OHL Championship and now we're here debating the talent level of our D because of who we played? Just seems like this place tries to find things to nitpick about.
And they deserved to get there.
Were favoured in every series to get there.
Great run by the team and awesome for a fan base that waited 10 plus yrs for a PO series win. They deserved it.
BB made some good moves to help. ( one poster on here would bash another org for not going all in thou ;) and has, its public)

I agree about this place and nitpicking but that includes some taking hypocritical shots at others on here and on other teams boards. Goi g against whzt they have posted, changing goalposts, taking digs, name calling, baiting......You got no hesitancy calling out one side of the issue but not the other. Hhmmmmmm.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Actually you are the one that mentioned Windsor beat a 7th place team in the 2nd round ,I only responded that the 2nd place team London lost to the 7th place that Windsor took out in 5, but your team lost in 7 after leading 3-2in the series.
If u say injuries were a factor I believe you I didnt track that series except for winners and losers.
As for the Hamilton series personally the easier road Hamilton had played 6 less games was a huge factor in the end,Staios only missed 2 games and Kammerer an average D in my view, having Zito and Peer out upfront early in the series didn't help,for me a pick me series, Hamilton won,course unlike Windsor thet went all him,Windsor didnt and at the end of it all I was extremely proud of this group for the season they had,the best teams in the league were left standing one had to win.

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hamilton can relate to facing underwhelming competition dont u think Rayzor?

I didn't specify anyone in particular, just the overall idea. The Spitfires literally just went to G7 of the OHL Championship and now we're here debating the talent level of our D because of who we played? Just seems like this place tries to find things to nitpick about.
Agreed OHLTG
Definitely a nitpicking site
Disgusting.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Actually you are the one that mentioned Windsor beat a 7th place team in the 2nd round ,I only responded that the 2nd place team London lost to the 7th place that Windsor took out in 5, but your team lost in 7 after leading 3-2in the series.
If u say injuries were a factor I believe you I didnt track that series except for winners and losers.
As for the Hamilton series personally the easier road Hamilton had played 6 less games was a huge factor in the end,Staios only missed 2 games and Kammerer an average D in my view, having Zito and Peer out upfront early in the series didn't help,for me a pick me series, Hamilton won,course unlike Windsor thet went all him,Windsor didnt and at the end of it all I was extremely proud of this group for the season they had,the best teams in the league were left standing one had to win.

Avoid, duck, deny, antagonize, bait ;)
So if you say I didn't track the series can u explain? Please enlighten me lol. I'll bet you a pizza you can't.

I doubt you know the games missed by both teams players but sure enlighten me. I doubt you back up your statement as usual.

And I didn't use injuries as a factor....that your shtick;)

So the Hamilton captain n top 3 D is no biggie, the OHL D of the year out 2/3 games is no biggie and returning after being out a while, Winterton a game or 2 as a top F is the same as Zito n Peer a 4th line F lol
Never change HL lol. If you think that's equal.......says alot. I'd be embarrassed to compare Peer/Zito to Kammerer/Winterton/Staios in terms of valuee but that's just me I guess.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I am done discussing with you aresknights anything about the Spits or the Knights regarding these playoffs.
Bottom line Windsor had a great season and I am extremely proud of those who made it happen from players,to coaches,to staff etc.
Also extremely happy for the fan support especially during the playoffs.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
And they deserved to get there.
Were favoured in every series to get there.
Great run by the team and awesome for a fan base that waited 10 plus yrs for a PO series win. They deserved it.
BB made some good moves to help. ( one poster on here would bash another org for not going all in thou ;) and has, its public)

I agree about this place and nitpicking but that includes some taking hypocritical shots at others on here and on other teams boards. Goi g against whzt they have posted, changing goalposts, taking digs, name calling, baiting......You got no hesitancy calling out one side of the issue but not the other. Hhmmmmmm.

I've called out both sides for stupidity and I've said as much (and you know that). The constant bickering is pointless, especially right now, regardless of what style it's in. Given our success (especially), it doesn't make sense to me. That said, as I said on Wednesday at the rink... "win or lose, this was a fun ride. I enjoyed it and am at peace with it." I wasn't upset and see no reason to be right now.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hamilton can relate to facing underwhelming competition dont u think Rayzor?

Agreed OHLTG
Definitely a nitpicking site
Disgusting.

Hamilton played 8/4/2 seed I think but I could be wrong.
Windsor played 8/7/3 seed I think but I could be wrong ( and thT 3 seed sucked according to you ;) and your posts but took Windsor to 7 lol)
Without crossover games who knows which side was better?
Each series n match up is unique.
Is Florida worse than NY Rangers cause they lost in 4 to TB. See how silly that logic is HL.

I've called out both sides for stupidity and I've said as much (and you know that). The constant bickering is pointless, especially right now, regardless of what style it's in. Given our success (especially), it doesn't make sense to me. That said, as I said on Wednesday at the rink... "win or lose, this was a fun ride. I enjoyed it and am at peace with it." I wasn't upset and see no reason to be right now.
Nah ya haven't OHLTG.
I await the reply n copy of an HL post from you. It doesn't happen.
You will copy others n reply but never the one poster who has issues with more posters than any1 on this board. Odd how a month ago this board had no drama.....wonder why?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor finished 11-3-0-1 vs Flint this season regular season and playoffs.
That's pretty dominant to me and yes Flint had a paddy cake schedule compared to Windsor, though Windsor did blow by them in the regular season standings by year's end.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hamilton played 8/4/2 seed I think but I could be wrong.
Windsor played 8/7/3 seed I think but I could be wrong ( and thT 3 seed sucked according to you ;) and your posts but took Windsor to 7 lol)
Without crossover games who knows which side was better?
Each series n match up is unique.
Is Florida worse than NY Rangers cause they lost in 4 to TB. See how silly that logic is HL.

Nah ya haven't OHLTG.
I await the reply n copy of an HL post from you. It doesn't happen.
You will copy others n reply but never the one poster who has issues with more posters than any1 on this board. Odd how a month ago this board had no drama.....wonder why?
A couple other posters have been missing in action lately too and there has been alot less drama in the last month or so.
But then you have to come to the rescue as the all knowing what to have a view on or not.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That's pretty dominant to me and yes Flint had a paddy cake schedule compared to Windsor, though Windsor did blow by them in the regular season standings by year's end.
Schedule fault now....
New..

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Nah ya haven't OHLTG.

Yeah, I have. Just because I don't copy someone's post and go "stop!" doesn't mean I haven't talked about it. You can disagree all you want but it's reality.
Odd how a month ago this board had no drama.....wonder why?

It's always had drama, regardless of who's around.

I'm not sure a six-point different is "blow by them." Windsor won the division/conference but Flint was a very, very good team. There's no denying that. We're lucky they didn't take the Spitfires in six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad