Windsor Spitfires 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Not sure if something is brewing in Spits land or if theres a bit of a down time thing going on. Its gone extremely quiet. Even some things that were in motion have stopped.

Section 103

May 25, 2016
Glad to see Renwick at Leafs camp. It didn't make sense for him to be without an invite from somewhere. The kid was our best d man in the playoffs.
It’s been said that a good defender often goes unnoticed. That would have been Sobalev, unless he was throwing a hip check! Renwick had the big snapper. Both quality dmen.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
It’s been said that a good defender often goes unnoticed. That would have been Sobalev, unless he was throwing a hip check! Renwick had the big snapper. Both quality dmen.
No disrespect to Sobolev intended when I said that at all, I just felt that pulling 2 pucks off the line from behind his goalie in the finals is a sign of Renwick's poise, positioning, smarts and anticipation as a defender. He had that quality of making me feel relieved whenever I saw that he was on the ice, things would be under control. Sobolev was also excellent as well and in no way am I going to diminish his contributions. The entire defence of that team was grossly underrated in my opinion.

Section 103

May 25, 2016
No disrespect to Sobolev intended when I said that at all, I just felt that pulling 2 pucks off the line from behind his goalie in the finals is a sign of Renwick's poise, positioning, smarts and anticipation as a defender. He had that quality of making me feel relieved whenever I saw that he was on the ice, things would be under control. Sobolev was also excellent as well and in no way am I going to diminish his contributions. The entire defence of that team was grossly underrated in my opinion.
A agree with your assessment on all counts. I admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Sobolev initially, but as the season wore on, i could see why he was drafted. I’ve been a Renwick fan since his arrival here, and since then his value has only gone up.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lol well that i cant discuss. Maybe they just shut things down for a few weeks and i missed the memo….

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not surprised figured LA Salle would sign at least 1 of Windsor's recent draft picks,don't be surprised if forward 4th round pick Cole Davis is the other 16 year old LA Salle signs and rosters.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I wonder how hard (if at all) Windsor will push for Sam Dickinson.

I doubt based on Bowler's past gm history he enters any bidding for the rights to Sam Dickinson ,especially if Wyatt Johnston returns,any draft currency he spends will be used after Johnston returns, or like I said if he returns.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
It would be a travesty if they keep Johnston. Hes just not physically ready for pro hockey yet. Give him the year to fill out here!
Agree. He did struggle a bit when targeted coverage by Flint and Hamilton. Could also have just been a little exhausted from 93 games playing major minutes. Another season in the OHL would prepare him better. Lafreniere really struggled his first season. Playing against professional checkers can really beat down one's confidence. Dallas is smarter than that I believe. Nill's roots is the Detroit organization who never push kids into the league too early.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Johnston played on a bad knee for the last 2 playoff series. That is why he is not skating at the prospect camp. Dallas has indicated that he has a shot to make the team. Knowing how determined he plays he may just do that. I do agree that he could use another year in the OHL, foot speed and core strength are for sure not quite there but now a days cap space rules the world so you never know. My heart says I want to see him back for at least one more year but my brain knows that this league is all about developing talent so if he moves on I will be glad for him.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Johnston played on a bad knee for the last 2 playoff series. That is why he is not skating at the prospect camp. Dallas has indicated that he has a shot to make the team. Knowing how determined he plays he may just do that. I do agree that he could use another year in the OHL, foot speed and core strength are for sure not quite there but now a days cap space rules the world so you never know. My heart says I want to see him back for at least one more year but my brain knows that this league is all about developing talent so if he moves on I will be glad for him.
Dallas reported that Johnston didn't perform at their development camp because of a minor back injury.

Oct 3, 2019
Johnston hurt his back working out.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Wyatt Johnston, the leading scorer in Canada, not making the Canadian Junior Team is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!
Was this announced somewhere?

I always find it incredibly hard to navigate hockey Canada’s socials to find schedules, cuts, etc

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I haven't seen much on their camp other than a red vs white game roster on the 25th and Wyatt was not on it. Hope he heals to 100 % timeline not important. Must be a nagging injury going on this long now. He would have been a shoe in if he was healthy. No doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad