Windsor Spitfires 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor continues to win
Won another ugly game. However 2 points is all that counts.
Winning ugly is how its looked lately.
Offense disguised the average defense again.
Windsor pp was better than soo. Big difference in game.
Should be another win today. Keep rolling.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Yes Windsor continues to win
Excellent team game allowing only 18 shots
Coming from behind 2 or 3 times
Wasn't ugly at all great road game
Showing they are the best in the West
From non biast eyes.
Win ugly.
But we do agree they continue to win. Which is good.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not biased at all
When you outchance a team almost 2-1 for the game,that's not ugly,33-18 in shots represented the territory advantage Windsor enjoyed,overall great team defensive effort, except for the breakdown on the 1st goal,and Perrott's lack of coverage on the 3rd one though Medina should have stopped it,yes we agree Windsor keeps winning.
Question is who plays goal today.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Not biased at all
When you outchance a team almost 2-1 for the game,that's not ugly,33-18 in shots represented the territory advantage Windsor enjoyed,overall great team defensive effort, except for the breakdown on the 1st goal,and Perrott's lack of coverage on the 3rd one though Medina should have stopped it,yes we agree Windsor keeps winning.
I got to agree with this here as much as it pains me to do so. The Soo isn’t as deep as Windsor and i think either of our goalies would be an upgrade over Tynan. Tynan has been a big disappointment so far for the Soo

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not biased at all
No biased? Your been with the team for a long time. We see u in the suite often. Yes u r quite noticeable.
Hmmmmmm

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Just because I usually sit in a suite does not mean I am biased, I have been around the team for years yes employed by them no not since the Riolo days and that's 15 years ago.

stips

Apr 3, 2016
I am soooo..... glad that this poorly managed, and coached team, with no goaltending and horrible defense, with few good forwards, are finding miracles to keep winning.
Think of it, 33 to 18 shots on net, and it was a bad effort again! Wow!

To get it right, Lucky "7" for new president of Hockey Operations!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Just because I usually sit in a suite does not mean I am biased, I have been around the team for years yes employed by them no not since the Riolo days and that's 15 years ago.
I stand by my comments.
Seeing u, hearing u.
Not like u suddenly changed.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I agree that I also think Onuska starts. I think the goaltenders will pretty much rotate with each having a short leash if they start the game poorly. They each have should get about 4 or 5 starts to prove they should be the playoff goalie.

I also expect scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines today. Since the 1st line dominated yesterday, Soo will do everything to slow them down today, which will give the other lines more chances.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That was a good game by the Spits. It was a well played game against a tough opponent. Team D was the best I've seen all year. Spits played one of the best teams in the OHL and held them to 19 shots, that is good team D. Medina never really tested. The move on the 3rd goal looked like he lost his balance and slid sideways, odd goal for sure.
Spits really have a good hold on first now. Flint losing to Saggy really helped. London still in the hunt though. Spits keep winning at the 650 pace and they should be good to go. This is exciting times for Spits fans, enjoy it while you can.

Johnston fighting would be the norm 10 years ago but in todays hockey it is frowned on. I'd rather him on the ice than in the box or hurt.

Interesting to see how both teams come out today. Soo should be grumpy and who knows what the Spits will bring. Hoping for another 2 points but what greedy fan wouldn't. Also done with the goalie thing so don't care who starts. Go Spits Go!

Oct 3, 2019
I am soooo..... glad that this poorly managed, and coached team, with no goaltending and horrible defense, with few good forwards, are finding miracles to keep winning.
Think of it, 33 to 18 shots on net, and it was a bad effort again! Wow!

To get it right, Lucky "7" for new president of Hockey Operations!
Coach is an idiot

Oct 3, 2019
Do you mean coach of the year in the "O"?

Are you kidding me? Are! you suggesting they should be dropping the gloves? WoW
If they have to yes. Nobody should be dropping the gloves if they don’t have too. Like I said you think Rangers picked Cuylle for his skills? They drafted Othman for that once he plays.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Remember when McDavid was tired of getting pushed around, dropped his gloves, broke his hand and missed 5 weeks in Erie? Yeah, I'd prefer Johnston doesn't do that especially in Late March. Not that every fight results in a broken hand, I really think Maggio and Johnston should avoid that. I trust Cuylle to drop the gloves and have a "smart" fight. The inexperienced fighters not so much. It doesn't really seem to me that Wyatt really gets bumped around too much though. He keeps his head up and avoids collisions when he can, and has great vision out there. Maggio seems to be the one getting knocked around a lot lately, which is why I'd love to see him lined up with Cuylle or Zito. Not that I want Cuylle or Zito to fight, but guys know if they make that run at him, there's someone out there that could give them consequences.

Onuska the right call today, although Medina looked good. Pulling Onuska with a lead, then sitting him the following two games on a long roadtrip is poor goalie management if you expect him to have confidence and expect him to play well the rest of the season and lead us into playoffs. Let's face it, that 3rd Medina goal is weak. Perrott hasn't been outstanding lately, but he took a puck of his skate, lost it, then stayed in the play. Sure, he could have played that differently, but at the same time, Kerins shot was from the bottom of the face-off circle, on the far side of the dot and beat Medina short side on a weak shot. I know everyone in here wants better defense than what we have, but if our goalies can't save shots from that angle, it's not "just" a defense problem.

Whatever, we scored two more, got two points in a day where the Soo, Flint, and London (1pt in OT Loss) all failed to do so. IMO those are the only teams to worry about positioning with and the further we can distance them, the better. All three of them in action today as well. Kitchener/Flint at the Aud and London on the road in Guelph. Two big games I could see the low seeds walking away with, hopefully Windsor can do their part today and gain even more ground on London.

If we don't have Home Ice vs. the Soo or Flint I don't care, but Brochu or Not, I want the Spits to play the least number of games at Budweiser Gardens as possible. Unfortunately, that means Top Seed as London's basically 5 Games up in the division with 10 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA