Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well we knew it wasnt Windsor involved in the trade......

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well we knew it wasnt Windsor involved in the trade......
Well I see you edited your post - You don't get off that easy - admit it you made a mistake - you are the same poster that constantly throws barbs at the Spits when you perceive they have made a mistake. You have just made a mistake - should all the posters now jump all over you and make fun of you for it?? No of course not. Maybe it is time to rethink your tactics.

Reactions: Otto and OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well I see you edited your post - You don't get off that easy - admit it you made a mistake - you are the same poster that constantly throws barbs at the Spits when you perceive they have made a mistake. You have just made a mistake - should all the posters now jump all over you and make fun of you for it?? No of course not. Maybe it is time to rethink your tactics.

Do whatever.
No worries to me.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
not great return for a 2nd rounder

I think a lot depends on your perspective. Yes they were selling relatively low based upon where they drafted him. On the other hand they cut bait relatively quickly. He was a highly touted prospect and at this point he's more along the lines of looking like a "suspect." Knights already have a 2nd and 2 3rd's in 2021 and now they add a 4th. They had already signed 6 guys moving forward from the 2020 draft class. So those guys are either going to be parts of the future or remain their property and leverage them for future assets. One of the best thingsthe Knights do is really hype their prospects up. They really sell players on a vision but they will easily send you out and get another guy that can do similar or better.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Bob Boughner has been named the ninth #SJSharks head coach in franchise history! Can WR count on a scouting job? Rocky Thompson is an assistant with Boughner

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Bob Boughner has been named the ninth #SJSharks head coach in franchise history! Can WR count on a scouting job? Rocky Thompson is an assistant with Boughner

Congratulations to him.
If it doesn't work out he can always coach windsor again....

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Thinking out loud - wonder if they'd consider bringing Letowski on as an assistant after his current contract runs out. Have BB coach, RT and TL assist, and WR as a scout. Haha draft Foudy and Cuylle and you're set...

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
BB and WR along with DJ did a great job with the Spits. It was after that the team started into a slide.
I just don’t think BB will be a great NHL head coach. Maybe will be average. I’m no fan of WR and think BB and DJ were a bigger factor in the Spits success. Also my comment was more towards why would a inexperienced head coach bring in inexperienced assistant coaches. Just doesn’t make much sense at the pro level.

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Thinking out loud - wonder if they'd consider bringing Letowski on as an assistant after his current contract runs out. Have BB coach, RT and TL assist, and WR as a scout. Haha draft Foudy and Cuylle and you're set...

And whos going to make this happen?
Who going to answer for this?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Note from the Windsor Star - 2020 U18 G Luka Dobrich signs with the Chatham Maroons. The Maroons were interested and he talked to Bowler, who was supportive. With limited spots in the Spitfires' camp this year and Tovell/Downey already in the mix for back-up, seemed like the best option for Dobrich.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I feel the slide started once DJ left. BB came back and team never did much in those 4 years he was back.
I agree for me DJ was the biggest factor. BB was never focused the same after he came back. I think he always had one foot out the door waiting for the next NHL call. BB was solid in the beginning when he had his full attention on his investment.

Reactions: TheGremlin

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Note from the Windsor Star - 2020 U18 G Luka Dobrich signs with the Chatham Maroons. The Maroons were interested and he talked to Bowler, who was supportive. With limited spots in the Spitfires' camp this year and Tovell/Downey already in the mix for back-up, seemed like the best option for Dobrich.
Correct me if I’m wrong but by playing in Chatham he retains his option of playing for a U.s. college.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I feel the slide started once DJ left. BB came back and team never did much in those 4 years he was back.

I would agree with this. Bob Jones wasn't awful in 2011 and got the most out of a couple star players to win a couple rounds. It would have been nice if DJ could have been coach but he still would have left if Boughner returned to coach as he did with Jones.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I just don’t think BB will be a great NHL head coach. Maybe will be average. I’m no fan of WR and think BB and DJ were a bigger factor in the Spits success. Also my comment was more towards why would a inexperienced head coach bring in inexperienced assistant coaches. Just doesn’t make much sense at the pro level.

BB has also been in bad situations. Columbus was awful, Florida was a step up but not in a position to do much. Now look at SJ they clearly look like they're on the downside of their climb and peak. They have 3 D tied up at 26 mil/yr for the next 4+ years, Karlsson has been banged up, Vlasic looks like to be in decline and Burns is still solid but with that and questionable goaltending it's not exactly an enticing gig. I'm not saying Boughner should turn it down but part of being a successful coach is being in the right situation at the right time. This doesn't look to be the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad