Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Lets hope Harkie Singh can explain to the Daddy that, just bc you buy a team doesnt magically make the sons' able to play on the first line...........

Reactions: Spits1963

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
So you spend 13 million so your boys can play Jr. B or C . Good thing this came with 3 teams,,,
Jesus I don’t get this
Im trying to find some positives here, but its really difficult.

Any bets on who will be the first one with ballz to walk out on this cluster puck and still have some dignity left if they still want to move on to the pro's ??? WR or TL???

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Im trying to find some positives here, but its really difficult.

Any bets on who will be the first one with ballz to walk out on this cluster puck and still have some dignity left if they still want to move on to the pro's ??? WR or TL???
I can’t believe Bougner is not protecting his buddy for a long time Warren and who did almost all the work for the franchise while he was off chasing his NHL dream. He has about 7 million reasons that he could say to Warren walk away and I’ll make a few phone calls to get you a job. Instead he lets him take all the crap. Nice friend.

Reactions: KyGuy9 and Sec108

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
I can’t believe Bougner is not protecting his buddy for a long time Warren and who did almost all the work for the franchise while he was off chasing his NHL dream. He has about 7 million reasons that he could say to Warren walk away and I’ll make a few phone calls to get you a job. Instead he lets him take all the crap. Nice friend.
The way I hear it...they re not exactly all on good terms. But your right in what your sayin......

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I still think there's a chance of Johnston coming.He has to have the confidence that he wiil have people that will develop him here even with the new ownership.If he knows TL and WR are staying on for the moment anyway it might change his mind.I dont like that TL is staying on but it might be the only way to settle things down.By all your accts it sounds like the son's are headed to JrB for next season.So that also might be a plus for Wyatt to come here.
Just curious but what has been said to give any indication that WR & TL are staying put? If I were the agent I’d be in no hurry to commit to anything until August and the dust has settled.

Reactions: Spits1963

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Just curious but what has been said to give any indication that WR & TL are staying put? If I were the agent I’d be in no hurry to commit to anything until August and the dust has settled.
My crystal ball says they are.........imo the sale is complete.Just not official yet.Let's see if Im right.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

that would be smart thinking of a agent.
Will c what happens.
Stuff will work themselves out in a bit.....

Reactions: Sec108

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Time will tell...........nothings never for sure except Death and Taxes....especially here in Canada.:nod:

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Worst thing today at the rookie mini camp was the lack of fans. You take away the players parents, media, spits employees, probably realistically only about 20-30 fans, STH. Not much of a statement either way. Worse yet when I saw TL conversing with the potential new owner, looked quite rosey, which from a on ice perspective makes me warry that TL isn't going anywhere soon unless the new owner has a remarkable poker face. None the less the biggest challenge this year was the coaching I believe and big changes appear non imminent unfortunately.

Reactions: windsor7 and Sec108

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Tweet from Peter Knuelman

I for one am looking forward to a change in Windsor. IMO Warren Rychel is the most grossly overrated GM in the league. Since Ryan Ellis left they have finished in the West 8th, 9th, 5th, 10th, 5th, 5th, 6th and 8th.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016

I for one am looking forward to a change in Windsor. IMO Warren Rychel is the most grossly overrated GM in the league. Since Ryan Ellis left they have finished in the West 8th, 9th, 5th, 10th, 5th, 5th, 6th and 8th.
Sorry, but that title would belong to Stan Butler , not even close !

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009

With a loss of how many draft picks because of the sanctions? And there was a Memorial Cup win in there. And even if you discount it for hosting, as I even do, WR had to sell off to build that team as best he could as to not get embarrassed in the tournament. Spits were not in a position to host that cycle, but did the league a solid in even bidding for it.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
What great old time hockey played last night Leafs/Bruins..........now that's hockey.:thumbu:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Oh my.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Where is the tweet? Cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad