Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I think you’re wrong. I think it’s more of the team bonding and not the coaching. The coach should be sitting his players who are not contributing and playing his young players to develop them for the next few years. I’m my eyes and in my opinion that’s what a good coach does

We were told on this board last year the team was super close and tight as well. One thing I have learned is regardless of what the results are this team is always close and chemistry is great.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don’t think Vilardi scored in the Memorial Cup but boy was he really fun to watch. No one could get the puck from him when he was laser focused

Was probably hurt the whole time also with his back.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
You guys don’t believe anything posted and now we should be able to sense you believed some random poster last year that said chemistry was good?!?!? You guys amuse the hell outta me. Get your comments straight please!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I was told first hand by billets last year's team had a major disconnect between the vet's and the youth. Wether that was fueled by the coaching staff seemingly giving the vet's extra ice and hall passes for when they made bad plays while the youth we're benched or scratched, or personal issues between them. I was told it was a combination of both. The fact that Staios, Morgan,Starikov, MacDougall, Kuch, Larionov,Frasca all wanted out or were let go for attitude, there obviously was issues. This year it's been quiet on that front so yes I believe the chemistry is good, not great. You still see a number of selected players(vets) that do not congratulate the goalie after a game and or little celebration when someone else scores. You have to be blind not to notice it. I won't mention names but you all know who they are.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
You guys don’t believe anything posted and now we should be able to sense you believed some random poster last year that said chemistry was good?!?!? You guys amuse the hell outta me. Get your comments straight please!

No the point is every year come September you have someone that says the group is really tight and chemistry is good. The chemistry was good last year and the team was bad. The chemistry is good this year and the team is good. So I don't know what you mean by getting comments straight unless you're telling that person to stop always saying chemistry is good. The point is people bend over backwards to talk about chemistry when the team is good. Of course before the season they talk about chemistry being good but then the season goes off the rails and they don't say a word about chemistry.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So with Thursday game looking to have attendance over 6000 - probably only time this year, do u think they thought about parking issues?
I dont think the leer parking lot is available for extra parking. They wont give up the vip parking spots for over flow. Everyone seems to drive themselves to games. Lol
They dont do a good job at all stating to use buses for that game or other transportation. Social media is weak for spitfires.
It be interesting for the people that go.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So with Thursday game looking to have attendance over 6000 - probably only time this year, do u think they thought about parking issues?
I dont think the leer parking lot is available for extra parking. They wont give up the vip parking spots for over flow. Everyone seems to drive themselves to games. Lol
They dont do a good job at all stating to use buses for that game or other transportation. Social media is weak for spitfires.
It be interesting for the people that go.

They posted a parking advisory on Instagram 2hrs ago.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
When a team is winning it becomes "more fun" hence there is a foundation for good chemistry. When a team is losing it is easy to point fingers so easier to find fault and or bad chemistry. Every team in every sport has great chemistry when they are on a roll/winning. You never hear that about teams in last place.

A number of "vets" last year spent time with a few of the rookies. There was never a clear divide between vets and rookies. On a case by case basis you might have an issue but it was never a vets against rookies clear cut break down. Like above there is always dissension when a team is losing and Windsor was doing that a lot last year.

Chemistry is easy when you are winning.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I saw the parking advisory on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. Some people are not hooked on phonics :laugh:

I haven't seen the Spits post it on Twitter but the other two are confirmed.

I'm just glad 6,000+ are showing up. I've been watching the ticket sales and the entire west end (from face-off circles to the mesh) are sold out.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I saw the parking advisory on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. Some people are not hooked on phonics :laugh:

Good for them to actually orchestrating a plan before a game.
#fullmoon.
People still will drive there n make their own parking spots. Only a limited spots available based on the crappy job with the parking plans when arena was build.
If they get a ticket than they will complain.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If they opened up the entire parking lot, not just the north end, they'd have far fewer issues. The set-up with the VIP Passes and the Community Rink Parking is what's hurting all of this.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I haven't seen the Spits post it on Twitter but the other two are confirmed.

I'm just glad 6,000+ are showing up. I've been watching the ticket sales and the entire west end (from face-off circles to the mesh) are sold out.
looks more to me the east end is the one sold out?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If they opened up the entire parking lot, not just the north end, they'd have far fewer issues. The set-up with the VIP Passes and the Community Rink Parking is what's hurting all of this.

Poor planning.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I know you are sure but you need to stand outside and think about it. Facing the arena from the parking lot you are looking south. The restaurant is on your left, east side.
I'm sure... I sit below the restaurant. It's the west side of the arena. When you come into the main doors, that's under the higher end and it's the east side of the property.

I'm sure... I sit below the restaurant. It's the west side of the arena. When you come into the main doors, that's under the higher end and it's the east side of the property.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Restaurant is on ur right. Geez. There was definitely problems in the room last year, some were issues with entitlement, some ego issues and just some bad mixes. Many of those with the first 2 were jettisoned and frankly none of them are worth worrying about. Now the bias issue is still there but it just simmers. Pretty big issue with #2 goalie for a bit but that seems to have settled out.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
Good for them to actually orchestrating a plan before a game.
#fullmoon.
People still will drive there n make their own parking spots. Only a limited spots available based on the crappy job with the parking plans when arena was build.
If they get a ticket than they will complain.

they have free shuttles from tecumseh mall aswell that's been advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad