Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Nothing wrong with sharing what you hear imho. It creates discussion and opinions, some of those discussions and opinions might trigger some.....but not everyone. I have heard lot's about Lynch coming here from multiple sources, will it happen?..who knows, but it is good to hear information people are getting. I want to hear anything and everything, if it does not work out as what was heard.....so be it, ether way its Windsor Spitfire discussion. No harm no foul in my book! :)

I look at it from the point of view instead of mentioning what you hear wouldn't you rather have the right information than just second hand rumor? Overall it can create discussion but there seems to be too much of an emphasis in getting news out but not getting it right. At some point if your source doesn't give you good information or it doesn't come to fruition doesn't that end up bringing that source as not so reliable? Or do you just keep on kicking the can down the road and the first time he's right about something he's a great source?

Reactions: windsor7

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I believed the Lynch rumor. As I PM'ed you during training camp I overheard WR on his cellphone saying I want that Kid here today. I assumed it was Lynch. However, it might have been Cuylle, but he wasn't a conversation piece on the boards at that time. I could have been any number of other kids that we don't know about.

No, I want to hear what is being whispered about. There is some truth sometimes and none other times.

As far as Lynch, I don't know if he has signed a contract (card) with Muskegon. If he hasn't he is still fair game. If he has, I assume he can't leave Muskegon without them releasing him, which I doubt they would do.

If the rule that Hockey Legend talked about is true (and I have no reason to doubt him) about an OA is a FA if he wants to return to his home territory, it is a crime that Drummondville is messing with a Kid's career to try to get more money. Again, this is speculation on my part but it does seem to me that the OHL is a better fit for him than the USHL.

There are two sides though to everything. Drummondville is looking at it from a business point of view. They invested time in this player and have seen him develop. Now he wants to leave a good team and that organization has nothing to show for what they have done? They aren't messing with his career imo their organization has helped elevate his career if anything to begin with.

I would also add if anyone thought this was going to be some cut and dry case with no problems or issues then they weren't looking at things realistically.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
There are two sides though to everything. Drummondville is looking at it from a business point of view. They invested time in this player and have seen him develop. Now he wants to leave a good team and that organization has nothing to show for what they have done? They aren't messing with his career imo their organization has helped elevate his career if anything to begin with.

I would also add if anyone thought this was going to be some cut and dry case with no problems or issues then they weren't looking at things realistically.
I agree with you about developing the player and not wanting to lose him. I am saying if the rule does actually exist thathe can be grantedFA by simply requesting it, I don't see what the issue is.

Another point from my perspective. Drummondville is loaded this year and he would have been a huge piece in a Memorial Cup run. If it were me, a very competitive person, there is no where else that I would want to be. I realize that the Mem Cup does not hold the same value to a US kid that it does to a Canadian kid, but why would you want to go to an organization that won't be competing for a league championship. Whatever the reason, it probably can be put on hold for 9 months.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I look at it from the point of view instead of mentioning what you hear wouldn't you rather have the right information than just second hand rumor? Overall it can create discussion but there seems to be too much of an emphasis in getting news out but not getting it right. At some point if your source doesn't give you good information or it doesn't come to fruition doesn't that end up bringing that source as not so reliable? Or do you just keep on kicking the can down the road and the first time he's right about something he's a great source?

OHLinsider has been doing it for years...just sayin. It's second hand information....but we are all guilty of reading it from time to time. I think it comes down to "if you want to keep sharing what you here that's up to the poster" How you respond to that information is up to you. Or better yet not reply at all, and go by your own info.

Reactions: tomschman

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
If it were second hand info from someone I don't trust I wouldn't use it! Most of my info tho is direct word of mouth. Let's discuss this if things don't work out. Kinda early to chirp yet lol. Remember a chat we had where I told you , ohl things change often.....?

Reactions: randomhero4life

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I agree with you about developing the player and not wanting to lose him. I am saying if the rule does actually exist thathe can be grantedFA by simply requesting it, I don't see what the issue is.

If HL was correct about the rule you stated and Teflon was correct, he and agent wants him to be in Windsor, it would be cut and dry.
Obviously more to the story than they posted. So ya, i think you got it, there is more to the issue here. On Lynchs side or the rule side.

Maybe Windsor wouldn't give him what he wanted to sign and it had nothing to do with the Q league team?
Maybe the rule isn't as HL suggested.
Maybe the kid or Spits changed their minds?
Maybe, somehow, the Q team found a loophole in what seemed like a cut n dry rule.
Maybe he shows up tomorrow.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'll throw this out there - Muskegon is currently in pre-season. They don't start their reg season until early Oct. Lynch IS playing tonight for them.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The thing about the OHL is you never know what could happen. You really don't. I know the "cut-and-dry" idea is desired but that's not always the case.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'll add this - IF Lynch doesn't show up, so be it. This doesn't mean the info we got wasn't credible. It wasn't just on here that I heard info. We've seen stuff fall apart at the last second, though. This happens.

Oldspitsfan

Nov 24, 2013
Spits beat Sarnia 5-2. Cuylle gets 2 goals while Purboo wakes up to two goals and 2 assists. Nice rebound following a lacklustre effort Thursday. I believe it will take time for this team to gel, however we need to acquire points early as most teams have more players in pro camps than the Spits

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits beat Sarnia 5-2. Cuylle gets 2 goals while Purboo wakes up to two goals and 2 assists. Nice rebound following a lacklustre effort Thursday. I believe it will take time for this team to gel, however we need to acquire points early as most teams have more players in pro camps than the Spits

And sting played most or all the same lineup as last nite.........

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The thing about the OHL is you never know what could happen. You really don't. I know the "cut-and-dry" idea is desired but that's not always the case.

I said a few hours ago if you thought the Lynch case is cut and dry you were mistaken. Why are you repeating what I said?:huh:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If it were second hand info from someone I don't trust I wouldn't use it! Most of my info tho is direct word of mouth. Let's discuss this if things don't work out. Kinda early to chirp yet lol. Remember a chat we had where I told you , ohl things change often.....?

Yes you said things change often and this Lynch stuff has been out there for 2+ weeks. So yes it probably has changed since then.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'll add this - IF Lynch doesn't show up, so be it. This doesn't mean the info we got wasn't credible.

The info/posts by someone on this board said he/agent wanted to be in Windsor and it would happen. And another said that the CHL rules dictated it was cut n dry the player could sign in Windsor.

So it would kinda/actually say the info posted from one of the 2 parties was incorrect/not credible "IF" Lynch doesn't end up in Windsor without having to jump thru multi hoops to make it happen.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
The info/posts by someone on this board said he/agent wanted to be in Windsor and it would happen. And another said that the CHL rules dictated it was cut n dry the player could sign in Windsor.

So it would kinda/actually say the info posted from one of the 2 parties was incorrect/not credible "IF" Lynch doesn't end up in Windsor without having to jump thru multi hoops to make it happen.

Or you're dealing with a 20 yr old kid who might have changed his mind. It's not the New York Times here folks, it's a small time message board for a amateur hockey team in Windsor Ontario. Nobody is worried about be first rather than being right. Somebody hears something, they pass it on here. If you think it's bullshit than just scroll on by. There is maybe 10 regulars to this subsite - nobody is looking to be some big shooter insider to impress the other nine guys here. It's so friggin tedious to even come here some days. Was the info offered right or wrong? Who knows - who cares ultimately - eventually it will be right or incorrect. It's not a capital case; it's not a stain on the soul of the person who put it forward - if you think it was wrong or the member lied for whatever reason you think somebody would bother - think what you want.

Folks are here at a messageboard site about the Spitfires, so they're 100x more interested in the Spits than the rest of the game attending population. Stuff leaks, rumors spread - things are said at games that are over heard. Spits FO isn't big on information security (other than the identity of the sanctions rat at the time) because they don't think anybody cares enough.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Latest info on LYNCH....

A contest was sent to Drummondville officially requesting his release. It was sent in both official languages BUT the Province of Quebec language police contested its validity because the French Version didn’t have a font size at least 30% larger than the English size. Therefore, the contest was thrown out.

Branch and the OHL are now on it. They should be able to take care of that in the same amount of time it takes to work out the average suspension...

Carry on....

Reactions: aresknights

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
And sting played most or all the same lineup as last nite.........

Spits dressed same as lineup as Thursday, Sarnia inserted Eliot and Hatcher on D,and sat out Sprovireo and Grima.
Missing Ruzicka and McGregor to NHL camps.
Windsor still missing Dipietro, Corcoran, Douglas and Macdougall at NHL camps.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
OHLinsider has been doing it for years...just sayin. It's second hand information....but we are all guilty of reading it from time to time. I think it comes down to "if you want to keep sharing what you here that's up to the poster" How you respond to that information is up to you. Or better yet not reply at all, and go by your own info.

That's fair I don't really look at OHLInsider he gets a lot of dabs on here from some. At the very least people are divided on him. I just view it if you're putting "your name" on it you should be right. Especially since people have been throwing so much shade around here. I get it though there are a few rumor mongers that just want to die to make sure they get the scoop whether it's right or wrong because after all it has a 50-50 shot of happening.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Was at the game Friday, Windsor after the 1st the better team,played much better as a team,started fast got a goal 35 seconds goal by Damico from Larionov and Boka.
A couple of penalties back to back against Windsor killed any Windsor momentum, scored on the 1st one by Sarnia,Sting scored later on in the 1st to take the lead. I thought 2nd goal by Sarnia should have been stopped by Piironen, playing too deep in his net,but after that goal played very solid in the 2nd and 3rd not allowing another goal the rest of the night,his best outing yet.
As someone said Purboo scored 2 tonight and added 2 assists,Cuyelle had 2 goals and a fight late in third Kitkevicious, had a 3 point night all assists,to help give his line 9 points,playing with Cuyelle and .
Purboo.
I was also impressed with Angle, Foudy,Henault, Ladd Morgan,Stevenson, Staios tonight.
Spits finish the Exhibition schedule 4-1
Work to be done for sure,but overall like what I am seeing moving forward.

Reactions: randomhero4life

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Actually they are messing with a guy's career, they are only trying to extort more money from Windsor, they are well aware of the rules as it applies to this case,not surprised you would stick up for them as some sort of justification for their actions.
Lynch is playing in Muskegon to prove a point and stay in
game shape.
If Drummondville were a bad team this coming season, he would be here by now.
How do you think Windsor got Jake Smith last year,had 20 goals last season in the Q,wanted to play back in Ontario, so his team with no stink let him go and took their 1000.
For once I would like to say good move last year, and good one this year,but you can't. Sad.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Actually they are messing with a guy's career, they are only trying to extort more money from Windsor, they are well aware of the rules as it applies to this case,not surprised you would stick up for them as some sort of justification for their actions.
Lynch is playing in Muskegon to prove a point and stay in
game shape.
If Drummondville were a bad team this coming season, he would be here by now.
How do you think Windsor got Jake Smith last year,had 20 goals last season in the Q,wanted to play back in Ontario, so his team with no stink let him go and took their 1000.
For once I would like to say good move last year, and good one this year,but you can't. Sad.

There are three sides to every story Windsor/Drummondville and the truth. Trying to extort money or trying to get something out of the time and effort they put in to developing Lynch? I am not supporting either side but just as you think what I said is sad you're so blinded that you can't see the forest from the trees and the other side. Is it petty by Drumondville? Sure it is but it's also business and they want something in return for their 2 years of developing him.

Here's the thing I could say good move but the moment I say something you construe as negative you would bring it up again. What's sad is how wrapped up you get by what I say, living rent free in your head Legend.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wait, Cuylle got into a fight? Why? With who? Did he at least handle himself well? (sorry, that kind of stood out to me and I don't think we'd want him getting into a fight and screwing his hands up)

Regarding Lynch - Yes, as Drummondville, you want compensation for something like that, but that's what the $1000 is for. It's not much but it's there. If a kid doesn't want to be there, you figure out how to accommodate that.

The whole idea of "credible" info is laughable sometimes. We hear stuff. Some of us post it. Most of us won't post it unless there's something legit behind it. That said, sometimes stuff happens behind-the-scenes that takes a 99% chance and turns it into zero. I know this first hand. There was a Spitfires' deal long ago and far away that was nixed at the very last second. Let's just say I was told to spread news and, within minutes of me doing so, another team swooped in and completed the deal instead. The idea that, because something doesn't happen, our info isn't credible...nope. Not a chance.

That being said, I hope the OHL figures this out and gets Lynch here. I'm sure, at some point, the info will come out...whether it's public (ie. news) or through here.

BTW, nobody lives "rent free" in Windsor. We should know that by now. Hot air alone in this place is worth a few hundred bucks a month. :laugh:

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
How is what Drummondville did any different to what Wi dsor is doing with Baier. Baier was clearly not in their plans but they wouldn't release him. They released Patton

Reactions: windsor7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad