Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Why throw names around though? What do people get from that??? Especially when the guy is batting .000?? I dare you to say something. Whoops it happened 9 months ago and it didn't happen and you said nothing. I will never say hello to you be certain of that.

I still just don't get "has to play" as a defense of what was posted.
Yes things change. Yes people get things wrong. Yes people hear things teams/players wanna do, that don't happen.

Just the response to being wrong seemed.... odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: randomhero4life

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why did he have to play? Just curious.
Other players in the OHL have sat out awaiting/forcing a trade.
Players that have attended pro camps have done it as well, upon return to OHL club.
Just confused with the "has to play" comment after the comment saying he "Had a chat today. Salinitri has made it very clear he wants to come here. Has gone as far as holding out from any pre-season activities."

Maybe I misread and you meant he held out of pre season activities previously? And no has returned ending his hold out?

Either way, no player " has to play" Always options for kids.

Very well said.
Very true.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
tomschman

Solid post agree with most of what you have written, though I thought Piironen played well in the 1st 2 periods,and like most of team didn't play well in the 3rd.
I also was happy with the play of Johnston and Henault on the backend, especially the hitting from Johnston.
Thought the 1st 2 periods were about even,Sarnia took control of the 3rd,overall certainly could have played better, PK not withstanding 5-5.
Not going to sweat an exhibition loss.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
News regarding forward
Bobby Lynch
He is currently playing for Muskegon of the USHL,after playing in Ottawa's rookie tournament, in fact had an assist in a 6-3 loss last night.
Guess we will see what happens here moving forward.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
News regarding forward
Bobby Lynch
He is currently playing for Muskegon of the USHL,after playing in Ottawa's rookie tournament, in fact had an assist in a 6-3 loss last night.

It appears we will see where the bear shat in the buckwheat before long. Last nights game, even though it was an exhibition game has let a little air out of our balloon.
We have a lot of potential stars in the making but it will take some time to get them up to speed. Time for the fan base to be patient.
The real question is does WR have a deal ready to go as soon as Mikey returns? If rumours are true that it’s a done deal,things will be very interesting before long....

Reactions: aresknights

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ok you wanna question my comments have at it. The conversations I've been either in on or privy to all happened. Every name mentioned is kind of a must, it's a bit hard here coming across with player X and not getting flamed!! Sting player was told to play, and we're trying to work it out, don't and it gets harder. The player from the Q is still in play believe it or not. Yes the best goalie in the O is getting traded this year barring last minute change of heart. It truly amuses me how some here talk about quantifying things yet when you do or when things go sideways your a poser. All my info to date has been 100% truthful. Those of you that wanna hate have at it!!

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
News regarding forward
Bobby Lynch
Since rumor is that he wanted to play close to home, Windsor, Saginaw, Flint and Sarnia would have all bee better fits to achieve that goal. Also, I doubt that Muskegon can pay him, because they are an NCAA development league. I realize his NCAA eligibility is gone.

However, this shows how unreliable rumors can be. It sounded like his arrival in Windsor was a done deal. Also, the trade bringing Cuylle to Windsor went totally undetected on the boards. That trade had been mentioned as a possibility but only after DiPietro was traded because Windsor didn't have the assets without trading DiPietro.

Rule of thumb on any rumor, never believe them but don't ever dismiss them. LOL

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
FYI Ottawa just got 2 more second rounders for Robertson. We have 5 2019 seconds and thirteen in next five years. Something big is coming.

Reactions: Teflon

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I still just don't get "has to play" as a defense of what was posted.
Yes things change. Yes people get things wrong. Yes people hear things teams/players wanna do, that don't happen.

Just the response to being wrong seemed.... odd.

It's a horrible defense. Imagine being a player and supposedly there is a certain team you want to play for but your current team demands you to play or you have to play? Why would you ever play in that situation? In that situation you call the bluff and sit out because if anything you are writing your ticket out of town and that's the point because "apparently" he doesn't want to be in Sarnia.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Since rumor is that he wanted to play close to home, Windsor, Saginaw, Flint and Sarnia would have all bee better fits to achieve that goal. Also, I doubt that Muskegon can pay him, because they are an NCAA development league. I realize his NCAA eligibility is gone.

However, this shows how unreliable rumors can be. It sounded like his arrival in Windsor was a done deal. Also, the trade bringing Cuylle to Windsor went totally undetected on the boards. That trade had been mentioned as a possibility but only after DiPietro was traded because Windsor didn't have the assets without trading DiPietro.

Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ok you wanna question my comments have at it. The conversations I've been either in on or privy to all happened. Every name mentioned is kind of a must, it's a bit hard here coming across with player X and not getting flamed!! Sting player was told to play, and we're trying to work it out, don't and it gets harder. The player from the Q is still in play believe it or not. Yes the best goalie in the O is getting traded this year barring last minute change of heart. It truly amuses me how some here talk about quantifying things yet when you do or when things go sideways your a poser. All my info to date has been 100% truthful. Those of you that wanna hate have at it!!

Its good you throw stuff on the board. My only questions were the "has to play" which isnt the case. As suggested others have sat out when thecwanted to force an issue. And why get so defensive if questioned?
If its stated as fact people will question it. No biggie.

For sure it could still happen. The dynamics are always changing.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004

Could it also just be that he has to go through a CHL process to be released from the Q given them fighting? Could just be a short term option considering he cannot play NCAA and it’s a step up over junior A or B here

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

First nobody is saying you haven't been privy to these conversations or the info to date isn't 100% truthful to them. Like with everything you make the choice whether or not to divulge that info to the people here. Telling us that the best goalie in the O being dealt is like somebody telling us hurricane Florence is going to be big and going to be wet. It amuses you that people take shots but you have been taking shots for some time now. I have always been told if you're going to throw the first punch you better knock em out.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Words everyone should live by.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm surprised Lynch isn't here but sometimes patience is required. It's kind of incredible how strong reactions get over this stuff. Would we rather be told nothing at all? I doubt it. Those who believe will believe. Those who choose not to simply won't.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I'm surprised Lynch isn't here but sometimes patience is required. It's kind of incredible how strong reactions get over this stuff. Would we rather be told nothing at all? I doubt it. Those who believe will believe. Those who choose not to simply won't.
I believed the Lynch rumor. As I PM'ed you during training camp I overheard WR on his cellphone saying I want that Kid here today. I assumed it was Lynch. However, it might have been Cuylle, but he wasn't a conversation piece on the boards at that time. I could have been any number of other kids that we don't know about.

No, I want to hear what is being whispered about. There is some truth sometimes and none other times.

As far as Lynch, I don't know if he has signed a contract (card) with Muskegon. If he hasn't he is still fair game. If he has, I assume he can't leave Muskegon without them releasing him, which I doubt they would do.

If the rule that Hockey Legend talked about is true (and I have no reason to doubt him) about an OA is a FA if he wants to return to his home territory, it is a crime that Drummondville is messing with a Kid's career to try to get more money. Again, this is speculation on my part but it does seem to me that the OHL is a better fit for him than the USHL.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
First nobody is saying you haven't been privy to these conversations or the info to date isn't 100% truthful to them. Like with everything you make the choice whether or not to divulge that info to the people here. Telling us that the best goalie in the O being dealt is like somebody telling us hurricane Florence is going to be big and going to be wet. It amuses you that people take shots but you have been taking shots for some time now. I have always been told if you're going to throw the first punch you better knock em out.

"Florence is going to be big and going to be wet"......I think that was Trumps official statement!!! :laugh:

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Its good you throw stuff on the board. My only questions were the "has to play" which isnt the case. As suggested others have sat out when thecwanted to force an issue. And why get so defensive if questioned?
If its stated as fact people will question it. No biggie.

For sure it could still happen. The dynamics are always changing.
It is the case if the team in question is willing to play hard ball and you don't wanna create a bad impression. I'm defensive because of some of the derogatory comments. Just looking to shine some light on the internal side and pass along what I believe to be credible info.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
It is the case if the team in question is willing to play hard ball and you don't wanna create a bad impression. I'm defensive because of some of the derogatory comments. Just looking to shine some light on the internal side and pass along what I believe to be credible info.

Nothing wrong with sharing what you hear imho. It creates discussion and opinions, some of those discussions and opinions might trigger some.....but not everyone. I have heard lot's about Lynch coming here from multiple sources, will it happen?..who knows, but it is good to hear information people are getting. I want to hear anything and everything, if it does not work out as what was heard.....so be it, ether way its Windsor Spitfire discussion. No harm no foul in my book! :)

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I believed the Lynch rumor. As I PM'ed you during training camp I overheard WR on his cellphone saying I want that Kid here today.

It's funny you mention that comment from WR because I THINK I heard the exact same conversation. "Get here by noon!" or something to that effect. My initial reaction was Lynch, too :laugh:

Teflon - Trust me, there are a lot of us who appreciate the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad